U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 04:50 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
'America's Shame' is hatred of illegals? That's odd...I always thought America's shame was hatred of single Moms....and gays...and the handicapped...and blacks....and people who drive SUV's....and the poor...and people who earn over 250K / year....and Muslims....and Indians...and the homeless...and Hispanics....and teenagers....and the mentally ill....and the Irish....and skateboarders...and Asian drivers...and monogamy...and the hearing-impaired. I must have missed the part when we began hating illegals. I thought illegals hated us!!...(?) Guess I have a lot to learn.

But if it's true, and we DO really hate illegals, why would they stay here and continue to put up with the abuse? Why remain here, where they're hated, when they could return home, where they're loved and appreciated? If we're keeping illegals here against their will, I think that should stop immediately. NO ONE should be compelled to travel to a foreign country where he's hated, nor should any foreigner be compelled to remain in such a place. If illegals are hated, our moral obligation is to see that they're allowed to return safely home, immediately.

But I STILL don't think we hate illegals as much as we hate many other groups....like conservatives....or deer hunters....or rap artists....or gang members....or politicians...or nursing mothers...or the elderly...etc etc etc etc..

Let's face it, here in America we hate JUST ABOUT EVERYBODY. Why should illegals be an exception?
That's right! We are equal opportunity haters. We don't discriminate.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:55 PM

43 posts, read 33,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlover View Post
It is not Your country. Sigh. I will reiterate once again.
Unless you are of Native American heritage...this is not your country.
You are an immigrant. Who knows what course your ancestors took upon their arrival here.
If she is an American citizen, it is her country. The majority of whites today don't even come from those who slaughtered Natives. German and Irish are the biggest ethnic groups in America, and they weren't the ones who did it!

And guess what ? I'm Native!
Moderator cut: please calm down

Last edited by Yac; 02-02-2010 at 04:54 AM..

Old 02-01-2010, 05:10 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,669,054 times
Quote:
'America's Shame' is hatred of illegals? That's odd...I always thought America's shame was hatred of single Moms....and gays...and the handicapped...and blacks....and people who drive SUV's....and the poor...and people who earn over 250K / year....and Muslims....and Indians...and the homeless...and Hispanics....and teenagers....and the mentally ill....and the Irish....and skateboarders...and Asian drivers...and monogamy...and the hearing-impaired. I must have missed the part when we began hating illegals. I thought illegals hated us!!...(?) Guess I have a lot to learn.

But if it's true, and we DO really hate illegals, why would they stay here and continue to put up with the abuse? Why remain here, where they're hated, when they could return home, where they're loved and appreciated? If we're keeping illegals here against their will, I think that should stop immediately. NO ONE should be compelled to travel to a foreign country where he's hated, nor should any foreigner be compelled to remain in such a place. If illegals are hated, our moral obligation is to see that they're allowed to return safely home, immediately.

But I STILL don't think we hate illegals as much as we hate many other groups....like conservatives....or deer hunters....or rap artists....or gang members....or politicians...or nursing mothers...or the elderly...etc etc etc etc..

Let's face it, here in America we hate JUST ABOUT EVERYBODY. Why should illegals be an exception?

Old 02-01-2010, 05:24 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLer2562 View Post
If she is an American citizen, it is her country. The majority of whites today don't even come from those who slaughtered Natives. German and Irish are the biggest ethnic groups in America, and they weren't the ones who did it!

And guess what? I'm Native!
Very true; the biggest offenders were (White) Hispanics since there simply were many more 'indigenous' people in what is now Latin America compared to the USA/Canada. In all fairness: I doubt the 'Anglos' actually killed that many Indians in open warfare/atrocities, etc. It was nasty things like smallpox that the latter had no immunity from. Hell: those same diseases killed many a White person in Europe maybe 150 years previous i.e. the Black Plague.

Old 02-01-2010, 05:31 PM

43 posts, read 33,258 times
Quote:
Women are hated. Not just single moms. Yes, America should be ashamed of that. As well as for the hatred of ethnic minorities, religious minorities, gays and lesbians, the handicapped, mentally ill...but where do you get the ideas that Irish are hated? Or skateboarders? Or people in monogamous relationships? Were you just babbling?

Quote:
Conservatives are no more hated than liberals.

Old 02-01-2010, 05:57 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlover View Post
Hate is Hate. AS for costing taxpayers $$$ did your paycheck change?
Mine didn't.

They cannot INVADE what was rightfully theirs.
You wanna talk about lawbreakers? Murders? Rapists?
Let's google the KKK.
Oh so your pay check didn't change? Well good for you. What about the many people who have lost jobs to illegals? You know construction workers, laborers,Landscapers etc. Oh yeah thats right they don't count.
What about the thousands of victims of ID theft? Murder? Rape? Robbery? Oh thats right they don't count either because we have our own criminals anyway.
Rightfully theirs? Now that is some twisted logic. Just how was the United states rightfully theirs?
Oh you mean 200 years ago they used migrate freely? bzzzzzzzzzzz Totally false. Read some real history. The Native Americans were extremely territorial. It was a death sentence if they caught outsiders trespassing.
Hate? No I don't hate the individual. I hate the arrogance, I hate the entitlment mentality. What I hate is the idea that laws are for everyone else.
The KKK? Oh they = all of America?

Old 02-01-2010, 06:22 PM

156 posts, read 111,904 times
I am so sick to the back teeth of this "Native American" argument. First of all, the U.S. Native Americans are U.S. citizens with all rights under the law as any other U.S. citizen as well as control over their own sovereign nations. The pro-illegals who use this argument to justify illegal immigration into this nation today are really grasping at straws. The Aztecs and Mayans and other Meso-Native American tribes never established their civilizations this far North on the continent. It was the Spanish who claimed land in what is now the U.S. Southwest, not the Aztecs! Mexico lost the land when they lost the Mexican-American war and the U.S. paid $15 million for it. Mexicans have no more claim to that land than the freakin' French do to Louisiana. Enough. I'm going to shoot myself if I have to listen to this lame argument anymore.

My ancestors immigrated legally from Italy in the early 20th century. They wouldn't have known a Native American if they tripped over one let alone "slaughter" any of them, so busy were they trying to eek out a meager living here without any government assistance I might add. They followed the immigration laws of the land as they existed at that time and, to my knowledge, didn't complain because they had to adhere to them while those who came 100 years before them did not have to do so. And when the Immigration Restriction Act of 1926 went into effect which effectively ended more immigration of their former countrymen and relatives, they didn't pitch a hissy. They just accepted that it was the law and counted their blessings.

Like a few here have already pointed out, even the so-called "indigenous" migrated here from somewhere else. People have migrated all over the world since the beginning of recorded history to eventually form the nations in place now. Northern Italy was once part of the Austrian Empire, but Austrians aren't claiming any "rights" to crash into Italy (and by the actions of the Southern Italians towards illegals there, that might be a wise thing).

The world now consists of nations with internationally recognized borders and this one is no different. This nation now belongs to anyone who is here legally, including the U.S. Native Americans who are part of tribes who have treaties with the U.S. government.

I guess I'm having a bad day and just snapped.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:36 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticat View Post
I am so sick to the back teeth of this "Native American" argument. First of all, the U.S. Native Americans are U.S. citizens with all rights under the law as any other U.S. citizen as well as control over their own sovereign nations. The pro-illegals who use this argument to justify illegal immigration into this nation today are really grasping at straws. The Aztecs and Mayans and other Meso-Native American tribes never established their civilizations this far North on the continent. It was the Spanish who claimed land in what is now the U.S. Southwest, not the Aztecs! Mexico lost the land when they lost the Mexican-American war and the U.S. paid $15 million for it. Mexicans have no more claim to that land than the freakin' French do to Louisiana. Enough. I'm going to shoot myself if I have to listen to this lame argument anymore.

My ancestors immigrated legally from Italy in the early 20th century. They wouldn't have known a Native American if they tripped over one let alone "slaughter" any of them, so busy were they trying to eek out a meager living here without any government assistance I might add. They followed the immigration laws of the land as they existed at that time and, to my knowledge, didn't complain because they had to adhere to them while those who came 100 years before them did not have to do so. And when the Immigration Restriction Act of 1926 went into effect which effectively ended more immigration of their former countrymen and relatives, they didn't pitch a hissy. They just accepted that it was the law and counted their blessings.

Like a few here have already pointed out, even the so-called "indigenous" migrated here from somewhere else. People have migrated all over the world since the beginning of recorded history to eventually form the nations in place now. Northern Italy was once part of the Austrian Empire, but Austrians aren't claiming any "rights" to crash into Italy (and by the actions of the Southern Italians towards illegals there, that might be a wise thing).

The world now consists of nations with internationally recognized borders and this one is no different. This nation now belongs to anyone who is here legally, including the U.S. Native Americans who are part of tribes who have treaties with the U.S. government.

Quote:
I guess I'm having a bad day and just snapped
Understandable..

Good post..

I heard we paid Mexico 16 Million....

Old 02-01-2010, 06:48 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticat View Post

I guess I'm having a bad day and just snapped.
Quite understandable reading some of these "stolen land" arguments as justification for Mexicans to come here illegally by the millions. It is enough to make one want to hurl at times. Hang in there better times are ahead. Real Americans will see to it.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:24 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,087,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Obesity is a problem with all ethnicities and nationalities. I have seen much fatter Hispanics than non-Hispanics where I live. Don't know if they are illegal or not but it must be their diet or maybe lazynest, like white Americans are constantly being accused of in here.
I said american teens...not white american, or black american, or asian or hispanic...I said American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration