U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 07:58 PM

11,961 posts, read 12,431,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlover View Post
It is not Your country. Sigh. I will reiterate once again.
Unless you are of Native American heritage...this is not your country.
You are an immigrant. Who knows what course your ancestors took upon their arrival here.
It is my country. If it's not your country you should leave with the illegals. I paid for my country in blood, sweat, tears, years and tax dollars as did my ancestors. Istanbul (not Constantinople)- some dramatic changes occurred a few centuries ago. Native Americans do have land provisions. Mexico, Central & South America do not. Neither do the other various Irish, Chinese, Korean, Martians whatnot.

I find it no small irony that their own economies are entirely dysfunctional because they can't abide property rights, which BTW makes legit commerce impossible, then bring their problems & disrespect here and blame us for 'harassment'!!!! Quite a bargain. You want it, you're free to pay for it all by yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Also, racial tension and violence will only increase, as demonstrated by angry posts from all the hardcore minutemen in this forum. That eventuality is what bothers me the most.
The law enforced properly prevents such strife. When the law fails to be enforced people take the law into their own hands with citizens arrest. Our troops should have a home to return to, not occupied by a benign tumor of poverty choking the life out of their country. When unemployment is double digits, the last excuse you've got is spent.

Your preference for peace is wise. Do be sure to tell your representative what you fear. Your party crashing friends need to go back where they came. I prefer peace & order just like everyone, but your failure to petition this law will result in the unanimous abandonment of this law. They've already done considerable damage to a multi cultural integrated society. It's time to restore order through legal means because ignoring it too long will only hasten strife.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:15 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post

The law enforced properly prevents such strife. When the law fails to be enforced people take the law into their own hands with citizens arrest. Our troops should have a home to return to, not occupied by a benign tumor of poverty choking the life out of their country. When unemployment is double digits, the last excuse you've got is spent.

Your preference for peace is wise. Do be sure to tell your representative what you fear. Your party crashing friends need to go back where they came. I prefer peace & order just like everyone, but your failure to petition this law will result in the unanimous abandonment of this law. They've already done considerable damage to a multi cultural integrated society. It's time to restore order through legal means because ignoring it too long will only hasten strife.
Astounding post....well said. We're a nation of laws, not 'tribes', cliques, or groups. Our laws...(not our ethnic ties, nor our group loyalties) make it possible for us (ALL of us) to function as a free, open, and benevolent society..one worth living in, instead of leaving....and a prize worth entering by legal means, for those 'outsiders' who wish to join. Without our system of laws, and our compliance with them, we'd quickly collapse as a society...and what our 'new' system would be like would NOT be pleasant.

Thanks for a post well-written.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:56 PM

11,961 posts, read 12,431,767 times
Mac noting the OP title, I see very few Americans 'ashamed' of their position, but perhaps those defending illegals might find their own shame denying the laws we share. Nothing in civilization is possible without them. The better life these illegals seek will elude them forever no matter where they go.

See Haiti, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Mexico, African nations; all of their progress measured by how well they can abide their own law. It starts from inside- self respect and respect for the law is something Legal immigrants arrive with as pre requisites. Despite chaotic origins political asylum requests exceed this benchmark by sheer determination.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:14 PM

11,501 posts, read 13,032,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Don't give me that garbage about "hating" illegal aliens. They are lawbreakers and are invading the U.S.

Close the borders! It's about 20 years overdue. They cost the state of California alone $5 billion per year.

I agree.

Pure hate and garbage.

This is pure hate for America and disrespect for our laws.

-Hypocritical left-

One day they are on the side of the underwear bomber and tell us we are a nation of laws and he gets special rights.

The next day they love this disease ridden law breaking criminal illegals even though they are here ILLEGALLY and are breaking our laws.

Which way do the liberals want it?

Either we follow the laws or not?

Round them all up, deport every single one of them and deport every single person who aides them in any way.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:16 PM

3,674 posts, read 5,851,772 times
No shame here - I hate illegal immigrants whatever country they come from. They are criminals. My ancestors came here according to the law that applied on the day they arrived.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLer2562 View Post
Women are hated. Not just single moms. Yes, America should be ashamed of that. As well as for the hatred of ethnic minorities, religious minorities

My spouse is a woman. She's also an Indian (she finds the term 'Native American' silly). Not only does our society HATE her, we almost EXTERMINATED her. Ashamed? You're darn RIGHT I'm ashamed....sometimes, I do the dishes and fold the laundry to make up, and try to atone for our hate. Once I took her out to dinner.

If it will make you feel any better, she doesn't seem all that bitter toward us. She's had a good life..(we have 3 kids and 4 grandkids), and she owns several rentals. She gets her revenge on White People by making them pay rent. If they don't pay, she 'drives them out of their (rented) homes'..just like they did to her. That helps even things out, I guess.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:20 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
hatred of our own impotence. the dismantling of the american labor market by force.
our government has sold out american labor. way back when, our unions developed some labor laws.
then we figured since we had the law- and we elected the officials- we no longer needed the unions.
horrible mistake.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:28 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,125,167 times
My son says the Hate card is another misused phrase such as race card. A hate card is saying someone hates something when really it is not hate at all but it is just something they don't agree politically with. Being illegal is wrong. It is not hate, but just plain wrong and illegal and should be stopped. Now what part of the word illegal do you not understand?

Old 02-01-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
My son says the Hate card is another misused phrase such as race card. A hate card is saying someone hates something when really it is not hate at all but it is just something they don't agree politically with. Being illegal is wrong. It is not hate, but just plain wrong and illegal and should be stopped. Now what part of the word illegal do you not understand?
Certainly....the word "hate", like most other 'PC'-related terms these days, has been HOPELESSLY prostituted, to the point that it's almost totally meaningless; it can, in fact, mean just about anything anyone wants it to mean, according to the 'need of the moment'.

"Hate" is lynching....attacking....destroying a person, harming him, beating him, oppressing him, or wishing great misfortune, injury, or death upon him.....it's NOT 'disagreeing' with his illegal actions; if it were, we'd all "hate" anyone who ever broke a rule.

This is only one more instance of the great truth in the statement made 20 years ago or so "PC will eventually kill us". Political Correctness will "kill us" in the sense that it renders language meaningless, removes the gradations between good and evil, and fails to differentiate between great and small things....and therefore distrust of, dislike of, discomfort with, and 'hate' all become the same thing.

When our everyday vernacular language can no longer distinguish between the actions of a lynch mob, a church bombing, a violent racial attack, and a person disapproving of illegal immigration, or worrying about terrorists getting onto airplanes (since they're ALL evidence of 'hate'), then we're all in trouble.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:14 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
I've noticed several times that those who play the hate or Race card, are most likely the ones who have developed a taste for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration