Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 09:48 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
There is nothing natural about ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION but it has nothing to do with hate. Do you know of any country in the world that welcomes the takeover of their country, their culture and langauge by a foreign group illegally in their country?

That's your crutch, your justification. They are comming, legal or not.

Quote:
White people stopped having babies? LOL! Whites in our country are procreating at replacement levels. Who are foreingers here illegally in our country to tell us how many babies we should be producing? It is none of their business!
It's gotta be better than mere replacement levels to keep a majority.

Quote:
No, we need to start enforcing our immigration laws at the border and internally, not lay down and take this invasion as if it were something natural. Even the native indians didn't do that. Did it make them haters to try and protect what they deemed was theirs? Today it doesn't have to become violent unless our government continues to allow this invasion. You had better hope they put a stop to this and don't give another amnesty or we will have no other recourse.
*sigh* You are actually ready and willing to fight, kill and die for this, aren't you?

Old 02-01-2010, 09:52 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
That's your crutch, your justification. They are comming, legal or not.

It's gotta be better than mere replacement levels to keep a majority.

*sigh* You are actually ready and willing to fight, kill and die for this, aren't you?
More and more of are reaching our 'breaking point' concerning illegal aliens.

About the only thing keeping unemployed Americans from heckling (or worse) illegals hanging around Home Depot is that they are still receiving unemployment checks. If/when there are no more extensions; suffice to say, if I were illegally-------I would be fixin' to leave the USA.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
In case you don’t know, white people are not the only citizens of this country; and we are ALL still having babies. Furthermore, there are still more of us (citizens) than illegal aliens of any race/ethnicity. You and other Reconquista dreamers will be sorely disappointed.
I'm no reconquista advocate. I'm just reading the writing on the wall. The world is changing, and you can either let your anger go and go on with life or stew in it until you explode. The choice is yours.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:02 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,877,477 times
I hate ALL criminals and guess what? ILLEGAL immigrants are criminals! Only a total imbecile cannot see that. By their very definition, they are here illegally. That makes them instant criminals. Get it?

Old 02-01-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
I hate ALL criminals and guess what? ILLEGAL immigrants are criminals! Only a total imbecile cannot see that. By their very definition, they are here illegally. That makes them instant criminals. Get it?
Ok, by that definition, how many traffic offenses did you commit today? I was speeding and ran a red light on my way into work. I guess that makes me a criminal too. Once I gambled in Utah with my friends in my living room; that makes me a felon. If I go shooting with my AR15 in Western Nevada I'm OK, but if I walk across the border into CA I would also be a felon.

I've worked for 10 years in Criminal Justice and can say without doubt that what is legal and not legal is not necessarily what's right and wrong.

People don't buy that simplistic definition because the issue is not that simple.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:10 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Why do illegals hate legal immigrants?

Old 02-01-2010, 10:23 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I'm no reconquista advocate. I'm just reading the writing on the wall. The world is changing, and you can either let your anger go and go on with life or stew in it until you explode. The choice is yours.
What are you reading on the wall? I have no issue with legal immigrants of any race/ethnicity, so I’m not sure what you are implying.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:35 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlover View Post
As if America was owned by those who oppose immigration.
Everyone here migrated except NATIVE AMERICANS..
America’s Shame: Hatred of Illegal Immigrants

By

“You lie!” shouted Rep. Joe Wilson (R-SC) at President Obama, in what Bill Maher compared to an episode of Tourette syndrome. Wilson’s unprecedented breach of legislative decorum concerned the President’s statement to a joint session of Congress that illegal aliens would not receive free health care under reform legislation. Why should the mere suspicion of a compassionate stance toward aliens stir such a display of outrage?

The way we have treated these hard-working people is disgusting, immoral, despicable and outrageous. They are accorded little more respect than slaves. It’s especially hypocritical, since most of the ‘patriots’ who oppose immigration reform claim to subscribe to individualism, a strong work-ethic, and religious notions of morality which hold precepts like “be your brother’s keeper,” and “if you’ve done it unto the least of these my brethren, you’ve done it unto me.” I urge all Americans to reconsider their opposition to immigration reform. Let’s keep our golden door open. Let’s acknowledge the valuable contribution made to our country and our economy by all immigrants, legal and otherwise. I don’t advocate this out of some sentimental notion of morality or charity–but rather because it is in our long-term national self-interest.

http://www.blacksun.com/current-aff_americas-shame-hatred-of-illegal-immigrants_2009.html (broken link)
It's sad since much of the sentiment against illegal immigrants is framed in such a way that includes elements of racism, xenophobia, and lack of knowledge (concerning the impact of illegal immigrants, the actual demographic breakdown, the history of illegal immigration, the causes of it, and how America facilititates it). It is a shame that our national discourse needs to now be put into the simplest of ways (illegal immigrants are bad since they came here illegally) and this obviously has dramatic, negative implications for the way we conduct policy domestically and internationally.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:36 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlover View Post
As if America was owned by those who oppose immigration.Everyone here migrated except NATIVE AMERICANS..
America’s Shame: Hatred of Illegal Immigrants
The flaw in your assertion (hating illegal IMMIGRANTS) is - It is NOT THE IMMIGRANT that is not liked - it is their actions - coming to this Country without permission and breaking this nations laws.

If a person wants to come to the United States from whatever country they live in, let them apply for LEGAL entry and they will be welcomed with open arms.

Let them come here illegally, then they are a criminal and will be treated as such.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:37 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
What are you reading on the wall? I have no issue with legal immigrants of any race/ethnicity, so I’m not sure what you are implying.
Several times you have posted a bias against Hispanics. It's a free country (though I personally don't condone such views and actually find some of what you and others have wrote outright deplorable).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration