U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-01-2010, 02:03 AM
 
Location: CA
258 posts, read 379,311 times
Reputation: 129

Advertisements

As if America was owned by those who oppose immigration.
Everyone here migrated except NATIVE AMERICANS..
America’s Shame: Hatred of Illegal Immigrants

By

“You lie!” shouted Rep. Joe Wilson (R-SC) at President Obama, in what Bill Maher compared to an episode of Tourette syndrome. Wilson’s unprecedented breach of legislative decorum concerned the President’s statement to a joint session of Congress that illegal aliens would not receive free health care under reform legislation. Why should the mere suspicion of a compassionate stance toward aliens stir such a display of outrage?


The way we have treated these hard-working people is disgusting, immoral, despicable and outrageous. They are accorded little more respect than slaves. It’s especially hypocritical, since most of the ‘patriots’ who oppose immigration reform claim to subscribe to individualism, a strong work-ethic, and religious notions of morality which hold precepts like “be your brother’s keeper,” and “if you’ve done it unto the least of these my brethren, you’ve done it unto me.” I urge all Americans to reconsider their opposition to immigration reform. Let’s keep our golden door open. Let’s acknowledge the valuable contribution made to our country and our economy by all immigrants, legal and otherwise. I don’t advocate this out of some sentimental notion of morality or charity–but rather because it is in our long-term national self-interest.


http://www.blacksun.com/current-aff_americas-shame-hatred-of-illegal-immigrants_2009.html (broken link)

 
Old 02-01-2010, 02:06 AM
 
Location: Northridge/Porter Ranch, Calif.
22,151 posts, read 26,616,225 times
Reputation: 6441
Don't give me that garbage about "hating" illegal aliens. They are lawbreakers and are invading the U.S.

Close the borders! It's about 20 years overdue. They cost the state of California alone $5 billion per year.
 
Old 02-01-2010, 02:28 AM
 
Location: CA
258 posts, read 379,311 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Don't give me that garbage about "hating" illegal aliens. They are lawbreakers and are invading the U.S.

Close the borders! It's about 20 years overdue. They cost the state of California alone $5 billion per year.

Hate is Hate. AS for costing taxpayers $$$ did your paycheck change?
Mine didn't.

They cannot INVADE what was rightfully theirs.
You wanna talk about lawbreakers? Murders? Rapists?
Let's google the KKK.
 
Old 02-01-2010, 03:30 AM
 
Location: SA
744 posts, read 1,048,750 times
Reputation: 566
To the OP, I do not mind leaving our golden door open, it is just when the illegals choose to sneak in through the window. No one has a problem with immigration, just illegal immigration. I do appreciate you feelings, but you need to realize that most of us support law and order and really do not like those who do not. If you have no problem with someone breaking the laws then you need to ask yourself if you are in the right country. I would never do anything against my brohter unless I knew he broke a law then I would be the one to turn him in.
 
Old 02-01-2010, 03:35 AM
 
Location: SA
744 posts, read 1,048,750 times
Reputation: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlover View Post
Hate is Hate. AS for costing taxpayers $$$ did your paycheck change?
Mine didn't.

They cannot INVADE what was rightfully theirs.
You wanna talk about lawbreakers? Murders? Rapists?
Let's google the KKK.
OK you did not see your paycheck change, let's take that statement and ask why it has not changed. I would like to see my paycheck increase and with all the taxes I am paying for illegals will most likely make my paycheck stay the same even though the cost of living keeps going up, and it is not all the direct cause of illegals but they do play a big part. Just my opinion and from what I read many others as well. I will be the first to say Hate is Hate and yes I hate illegal immigrants because they are law breakers. Apply for visas and do their part to support America and we will support them. While you are googling KKK try to find out how they drain our economy, and find out how many laws they break without being held accountable for them and let me know.
 
Old 02-01-2010, 03:35 AM
 
11,961 posts, read 12,433,936 times
Reputation: 2772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlover View Post
Hate is Hate. AS for costing taxpayers $$$ did your paycheck change?
Mine didn't.

They cannot INVADE what was rightfully theirs.
You wanna talk about lawbreakers? Murders? Rapists?
Let's google the KKK.
Yes, I do hate what they do to my country.

I hate that previously well integrated communities are destroyed by people who have no respect for what we built together.

I hate that your entitlement mentality is entitling yourself to write a check from MY checkbook to pay for your sentimental fantasies that have no bearing on reality relative to LEGAL immigrants.

I hate that my government is apparently so corrupt that they cannot manage to enforce laws in existence but don't skip a beat to chase after citizens over which direction they park in a parking lot stall.

YES I really DO hate inconsistent justice, as it ruins credibility of civilization. A civilization they cannot manage to create in their own nation of origin, then come here and take a dump on ours. Nuff said?
 
Old 02-01-2010, 04:03 AM
 
Location: CA
258 posts, read 379,311 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Yes, I do hate what they do to my country.

I hate that previously well integrated communities are destroyed by people who have no respect for what we built together.

I hate that your entitlement mentality is entitling yourself to write a check from MY checkbook to pay for your sentimental fantasies that have no bearing on reality relative to LEGAL immigrants.

I hate that my government is apparently so corrupt that they cannot manage to enforce laws in existence but don't skip a beat to chase after citizens over which direction they park in a parking lot stall.

YES I really DO hate inconsistent justice, as it ruins credibility of civilization. A civilization they cannot manage to create in their own nation of origin, then come here and take a dump on ours. Nuff said?

It is not Your country. Sigh. I will reiterate once again.
Unless you are of Native American heritage...this is not your country.
You are an immigrant. Who knows what course your ancestors took upon their arrival here.
 
Old 02-01-2010, 05:41 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlover View Post
As if America was owned by those who oppose immigration.
Everyone here migrated except NATIVE AMERICANS..
America’s Shame: Hatred of Illegal Immigrants

By

“You lie!” shouted Rep. Joe Wilson (R-SC) at President Obama, in what Bill Maher compared to an episode of Tourette syndrome. Wilson’s unprecedented breach of legislative decorum concerned the President’s statement to a joint session of Congress that illegal aliens would not receive free health care under reform legislation. Why should the mere suspicion of a compassionate stance toward aliens stir such a display of outrage?


The way we have treated these hard-working people is disgusting, immoral, despicable and outrageous. They are accorded little more respect than slaves. It’s especially hypocritical, since most of the ‘patriots’ who oppose immigration reform claim to subscribe to individualism, a strong work-ethic, and religious notions of morality which hold precepts like “be your brother’s keeper,” and “if you’ve done it unto the least of these my brethren, you’ve done it unto me.” I urge all Americans to reconsider their opposition to immigration reform. Let’s keep our golden door open. Let’s acknowledge the valuable contribution made to our country and our economy by all immigrants, legal and otherwise. I don’t advocate this out of some sentimental notion of morality or charity–but rather because it is in our long-term national self-interest.


http://www.blacksun.com/current-aff_americas-shame-hatred-of-illegal-immigrants_2009.html (broken link)
We are a sovereign nation and have the right to control whom we let in. Needless to say: I would love to see our immigration laws revert to pre 1965---------with an emphasis on immigration from English speaking nations. If that leaves Mexico, etc. out in the cold------------too bad.

Needless to say: my shame and anger are directed toward those who want to leave our borders open hence letting in a bunch of illegal aliens AKA criminals.

PS: the so-called 'native' Americans also originated in Africa; besides, where is the anger towards the Comanche and Aztecs, to name but two groups for their atrocities against weaker pre Euro groups?
 
Old 02-01-2010, 05:45 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Reputation: 17688
The golden door has always been open, it's the back door being ripped off the hinges we are protesting.

Our social service system was not made to handle millions of poor being shed by other Countries.
 
Old 02-01-2010, 05:52 AM
 
Location: Boston, MA
10,902 posts, read 7,716,079 times
Reputation: 5272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlover View Post
It is not Your country. Sigh. I will reiterate once again.
Unless you are of Native American heritage...this is not your country.
You are an immigrant. Who knows what course your ancestors took upon their arrival here.
True. In fact it was a fella by the name of Ten Bears, who was a Lakota Sioux, who penned the Declaration of Independence.

You may want to check out the Most Wanted website of America's second largest city before you start foolish threads like these.

All Most Wanted - official website of THE LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top