U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-02-2010, 10:00 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130

Advertisements

Moderator cut: orphaned

For all the so-called postives of illegal aliens (not undocumented) in this country the fact still remains that they are living and working in violation of our immmigration laws. Nothing you say about them justifies their presence here. They being humans does not justify it either.

There is no "fear" aka as "xenonphobia" involved in the desire to have our immigration laws respected and enforced. What's next, the old hate and racism card? We have been the subject of those insults and false accusations before and it is all worn out now and in fact these kinds of tactics being used against law abiding Americans is exactly what will bring your side down eventually.

Last edited by Yac; 02-03-2010 at 04:06 AM..

 
Old 02-02-2010, 11:39 AM
 
Location: Newark, NJ
341 posts, read 571,977 times
Reputation: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post

For all the so-called postives of illegal aliens (not undocumented) in this country the fact still remains that they are living and working in violation of our immmigration laws. Nothing you say about them justifies their presence here. They being humans does not justify it either.

There is no "fear" aka as "xenonphobia" involved in the desire to have our immigration laws respected and enforced. What's next, the old hate and racism card? We have been the subject of those insults and false accusations before and it is all worn out now and in fact these kinds of tactics being used against law abiding Americans is exactly what will bring your side down eventually.

Moderator cut: orphaned

I find it ironic how you talk about not being xenophobic yet in the same breath mention "bring[ing] your side down eventually." Especially interesting is how you seem to elect yourself the defacto spokesman for your "side" of the illegal immigration debate by stating "We have been the subject of....." This type of statement suggests that there are only two positions or points of view to espouse on this subject. With so many different ideas, proposals, and schools of thought currently being debated concerning illegal immigration it is a bit naive and unstudied on your part to adumbrate this many faceted debate as "us vs. them," and a specific "side" being able to be brought down.

Xenophobic behavior is often not noticed or recognized by it's suferrers. It is quite evident that the xenophobic bug has quite a firm hold on many who are not even aware of the sickness. The is evidenced by the ridiculously circumbendibus phrasing on this forum. Further evidence that the horrible sickness is abound in these parts is the constant insinuation that all or most of the "anti" crowd has coalesced into an iron clad anschluss that will triumphantly manifest itself upon the vacuuming-up and booting out every single illegal alien. Not to mention that there are some who claim that this event is fit to occur contiguously. Such gossipry ultimately causes one not to take those who mouth it seriously; especially since we have been supposedly on some such verge for over a decade already.

So, it is easy to SAY that I am not this or I am not that, but one cannot escape the aura of his or her veracious speak. A pragmatic interpretation of the cleverly disguised abhorrence for the undocumented immigrant that is so invariably endorsed and embraced on this forum cannot be mistaken for anything but xenophobia.

Picking up trash sends a strong message. It could be an alternative to something expressed or implied.


~Gracias~

Last edited by Yac; 02-03-2010 at 04:07 AM..
 
Old 02-02-2010, 12:10 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dakar View Post

I find it ironic how you talk about not being xenophobic yet in the same breath mention "bring[ing] your side down eventually." Especially interesting is how you seem to elect yourself the defacto spokesman for your "side" of the illegal immigration debate by stating "We have been the subject of....." This type of statement suggests that there are only two positions or points of view to espouse on this subject. With so many different ideas, proposals, and schools of thought currently being debated concerning illegal immigration it is a bit naive and unstudied on your part to adumbrate this many faceted debate as "us vs. them," and a specific "side" being able to be brought down.

Xenophobic behavior is often not noticed or recognized by it's suferrers. It is quite evident that the xenophobic bug has quite a firm hold on many who are not even aware of the sickness. The is evidenced by the ridiculously circumbendibus phrasing on this forum. Further evidence that the horrible sickness is abound in these parts is the constant insinuation that all or most of the "anti" crowd has coalesced into an iron clad anschluss that will triumphantly manifest itself upon the vacuuming-up and booting out every single illegal alien. Not to mention that there are some who claim that this event is fit to occur contiguously. Such gossipry ultimately causes one not to take those who mouth it seriously; especially since we have been supposedly on some such verge for over a decade already.

So, it is easy to SAY that I am not this or I am not that, but one cannot escape the aura of his or her veracious speak. A pragmatic interpretation of the cleverly disguised abhorrence for the undocumented immigrant that is so invariably endorsed and embraced on this forum cannot be mistaken for anything but xenophobia.

Picking up trash sends a strong message. It could be an alternative to something expressed or implied.


~Gracias~
Moderator cut: orphaned

"Your side" are illegal alien aiders, abettors and apologists. What does that have to do with "xenophobia"? I only speak for "our" side based on the fact that we are constantly being called names like "xenophobic". That is just stating a fact. You need to look up that word in the dictionary, it is a fear of strangers. We are the most diverse country on this planet with the most generous legal immigration policies so how can you claim that any Americans have a fear of strangers? Most Americans do not have a problem with legal immigraton but do have a problem with illegal immigration. Try to find me a definition of xenophobia that fits that scenario. Good luck, you'll be looking in a lot of dictionaries for a long time. While you're at it look up the word "ethnocentric". I am sure it will hit home for many on "your" side.

Last edited by Yac; 02-03-2010 at 04:07 AM..
 
Old 02-04-2010, 08:18 AM
 
Location: Newark, NJ
341 posts, read 571,977 times
Reputation: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Moderator cut: orphaned

"Your side" are illegal alien aiders, abettors and apologists. What does that have to do with "xenophobia"? I only speak for "our" side based on the fact that we are constantly being called names like "xenophobic". That is just stating a fact. You need to look up that word in the dictionary, it is a fear of strangers. We are the most diverse country on this planet with the most generous legal immigration policies so how can you claim that any Americans have a fear of strangers? Most Americans do not have a problem with legal immigraton but do have a problem with illegal immigration. Try to find me a definition of xenophobia that fits that scenario. Good luck, you'll be looking in a lot of dictionaries for a long time. While you're at it look up the word "ethnocentric". I am sure it will hit home for many on "your" side.
Xenophobia is a lot more than a fear of strangers, chicagonut.
 
Old 02-04-2010, 08:24 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dakar View Post
Xenophobia is a lot more than a fear of strangers, chicagonut.
The desperation of the pro illegal side is telling.

Despite the attempts of same to use words like 'racism', 'hate', 'xenophobia', etc. against us anti's--------said tactics no longer work since we are dealing with illegal aliens AKA criminals.
 
Old 02-04-2010, 08:49 AM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I agree with Raymond Herrera. It doesn't impress me either. When I lived in SanBernardino they were on that corner in front of Home Depot (next to Stater Bro's) every day. I've taken pic's of them there. They usually chase down cars and harrass drivers and Home Depot was Boycotted. Most people I know stopped going there because of the harrassment.
If they're going to clean the city, there's more than just a mile and a half. This is just an act to impress Obama,and then Joe Baca and Josie Gonsalez who are just 2 pro-illegals of San Berdo.


I agree with most that if you are here illegally, your illegals. The part i din't like either, is you saying the drivers were being harass and chased down, that also is unecessary. Illegal is just that. Can i ask you where the home depot was in S. B. i don't know where it was. I think as you brought up, this is to impress Obama, and the people of S.B.
 
Old 02-04-2010, 08:56 AM
 
2,930 posts, read 6,026,525 times
Reputation: 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dakar View Post

Picking up trash sends a strong message. It could be an alternative to something expressed or implied.


~Gracias~
What?
 
Old 02-04-2010, 09:06 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dakar View Post
Xenophobia is a lot more than a fear of strangers, chicagonut.
Really? Well please by all means give us your "personal" definition which doesn't mean anything unless it agrees with the dictionary.
 
Old 02-04-2010, 09:07 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
How long do you think the "invasion" has been going on?

Also, lots of legal workers are violent criminals too. Try to make logical points instead of the "they are illegal, thus violent criminals" bs.
Perhaps you should try to not twist my words. Other than that, AzBear, chicagonut, and macmeal have said it all.
 
Old 02-04-2010, 09:09 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,085,289 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlover View Post
Good for them! I have hired day laborers to move my mom twice. They worked hard and all day long.
I wonder how it would be if they were not here to pick the fruit, make the hotel beds and cater to the rich and famous?
They do an honest day's work, not relying on sympathy, welfare or handouts.
Pity I can't say the same when I enter Target or K Mart.. the people begging there are not Hispanic... are probably on Welfare and are begging for sympathy.
Some people want "them" out so the can subjugate their fellow american next..."OFF the Welfare doles and into the streets to clean trash"...

Some people will ALWAYS find someone to HATE...

If its not illegals, its Mexicans; if it aint mexicans, its the poor and uneducated; if it aint the poor, its the poorer then them.

Some people just Love to hate...they will give all kinda fancy excuses and reasons for their hate...Like Legality and Patriotism. But the truth be told, the're no more rightious than the people they Hate.

Sad and pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top