U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 10:16 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,244,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Some people want "them" out so the can subjugate their fellow american next..."OFF the Welfare doles and into the streets to clean trash"...

Some people will ALWAYS find someone to HATE...

If its not illegals, its Mexicans; if it aint mexicans, its the poor and uneducated; if it aint the poor, its the poorer then them.

Some people just Love to hate...they will give all kinda fancy excuses and reasons for their hate...Like Legality and Patriotism. But the truth be told, the're no more rightious than the people they Hate.

Sad and pathetic.
Just where does the word "hate" fit in where one objects to illegal immigration? I don't consider that objection a "fancy excuse" to hate anyone. It is about the laws of this country and how negatively illegal immigration affects our country and its citizens. Guess that makes every nation in the world a hater then to expect their immigration laws to be respected? I have a word for your side also, "Desperation"! So desperate to try to defend the undefensable that you resort to nasty and unwarranted labels on law abiding Americans. Indeed, sad and pathetic.

Last edited by chicagonut; 02-04-2010 at 10:46 AM..

Old 02-04-2010, 10:17 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,924,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Let me rephrase it. There were no Hispanics at the day labor place I worked at. I was already working there part time when the hurricanes hit my area--and when that happened, the place I worked at closed down, so I went more on a full time basis there for a while -- while I tried to find another job I could take. Luckily for me, Home Depot was hiring, and I got a job there. Been there ever since 2004.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I don't know what kind of operations you have there, but there are places that specifically hire out day laborers here--they get paid something like $12 to $16 an hour for us, and we get about half of that, before taxes. Labor Ready, Men at Work, Labor Plus...couple of different places. We go to their office and hope to be hired out--that's how it works here. Not standing out in front of Home Depot. Of course, if you drive your own car, you're more likely to be picked to go out, because they ordinarily don't provide the transportation to and from the job.

Mainly construction clean up jobs. More rarely, we work with movers, or for store resets. (CVS pharmacy and Office Depot come to mind as jobs I went on for them). One particular job I remember was tearing out everything in a place that USED to be a restaurant, pretty much destroyed by the hurricane that came through our area. They even had us taking out studs that used to be part of a wall, breaking them out with sledgehammers.
I can’t speak for Florida, but in my area (DC metro) one would be hard-pressed to pass a Home Depot and not find at least 50 “Hispanic” so-called day laborers soliciting work. They are not employed by Home Depot or any other company; and when the police arrive, they quickly disperse. Does that resemble “legal” employment to you?

As a matter of fact, I haven’t shopped at Home Depot since the time I was followed to my car by a group, after informing them at the door that I did not need help. Their presence is menacing, and I have no doubt they are a factor in Home Depots’ declining business. No one, particularly women, enjoys shopping at a store where men are permitted to loiter in the parking lot and harass customers as they enter and exit the store. It’s bad for business, and Home Depot would be wise to end this practice.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Some people want "them" out so the can subjugate their fellow american next..."OFF the Welfare doles and into the streets to clean trash"...

Some people will ALWAYS find someone to HATE...

If its not illegals, its Mexicans; if it aint mexicans, its the poor and uneducated; if it aint the poor, its the poorer then them.

Some people just Love to hate...they will give all kinda fancy excuses and reasons for their hate...Like Legality and Patriotism. But the truth be told, the're no more rightious than the people they Hate.

Sad and pathetic.
What is “sad and pathetic” are the countless excuses being used to justify lawlessness. We have laws. If you disagree with them, then fight to have them changed. However, to spew baseless accusations of “hate” simply because we want our laws enforced, truly illustrates a lack of anything remotely substantive in defense of illegal immigration.

Then again, how does one effectively defend deception, fraud, and theft?

Old 02-04-2010, 10:42 AM

1,150 posts, read 998,683 times
<<Try to make logical points instead of the "they are illegal, thus violent criminals" bs.>>

Reread the post. Benicar said 'some' are violent criminals. However, a person willing to break one law, is more likely to break others.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:04 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,118,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
What is “sad and pathetic” are the countless excuses being used to justify lawlessness. We have laws. If you disagree with them, then fight to have them changed. However, to spew baseless accusations of “hate” simply because we want our laws enforced, truly illustrates a lack of anything remotely substantive in defense of illegal immigration.

Then again, how does one effectively defend deception, fraud, and theft?

who's WE...I didnt mention names, I never implicatated you. If you dont feel this way, if youre not a proveyour of HATE, then it wasnt intended for you.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:07 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,244,488 times
Quote:
who's WE...I didnt mention names, I never implicatated you. If you dont feel this way, if youre not a proveyour of HATE, then it wasnt intended for you.
Obviously "we" are any of us opposed to illegal immigraton, pro-enforcement and anti-amnesty. But you knew that.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Just where does the word "hate" fit in where one objects to illegal immigration? I don't consider that objection a "fancy excuse" to hate anyone. It is about the laws of this country and how negatively illegal immigration affects our country and its citizens. Guess that makes every nation in the world a hater then to expect their immigration laws to be respected? I have a word for your side also, "Desperation"! So desperate to try to defend the undefensable that you resort to nasty and unwarranted labels on law abiding Americans. Indeed, sad and pathetic.
Again please read above post...But I will say this- I prefaced my opinion with "Some People".

I dont know if "Some People" are law bididng Americans. If you are saying you are, I will accept that.

Since I dont live with Haters, I cant really speak on how "Law Abiding" they are. And frankly, wether Haters can be law biding citizen wasnt my point.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Then, it wasn’t intended for me. My opposition to illegal immigration is not motivated by hate; and the same is true for the majority who oppose illegal immigration.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Obviously "we" are any of us opposed to illegal immigraton, pro-enforcement and anti-amnesty. But you knew that.

Im for E-verify and Guest worker programs, that limit worker's stay.

I dont feel amnesty or mass deportation as viable solutions.

Im not for social services for undocumented...except in an emergency. No welfare.
Im Not for vilifing a whole group of people for the stupid actions of some.
Im Not for treating a whole group of people as thug criminals

Why not leave the people alone and change the damn laws. there is no real movement to solve this proplem.

and the constant harnging and poking and proding and bashing...does that really make you all feel better?

Old 02-04-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Then your wrong.

Im for E-verify and Guest worker programs, that limit worker's stay.

I dont feel amnesty or mass deportation as viable solutions.

Im not for social services for undocumented...except in an emergency. No welfare.
Im Not for vilifing a whole group of people for the stupid actions of some.
Im Not for treating a whole group of people as thug criminals

Why not leave the people alone and change the damn laws. there is no real movement to solve this proplem.

and the constant harnging and poking and proding and bashing...does that really make you all feel better?

The laws are fine. They simply need to be enforced. Included in this group to be “left alone” are countless violent criminals and other miscreants. How should they be dealt with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration