U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-02-2010, 07:10 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,999,077 times
Reputation: 6517

Advertisements

41,000 no they don't cost us a dime. Yet there will be some say that we some how owe these illegals the same benefits that we would afford to our own legal citizens.

 
Old 02-02-2010, 07:41 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,109,853 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Beer View Post
Why should a students immigration status matter?
It doesnt in this mater. some people cant separate the functions of different state departments. There is no law that makes it manditory that a College Admisions offical report Illegal aliens. And Out of State and International Students are allowed to attend most Colleges and Universities.

The only thing Lawmakers are discussing is revolking the In-State tution rate. So next year MALDEF, La Raza Unida Party, or The GI Forum will pick up the rest of the tab.

Scholarships for Mexican-American/Hispanic/Latino Students

 
Old 02-02-2010, 08:33 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,999,077 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
It doesnt in this mater. some people cant separate the functions of different state departments. There is no law that makes it manditory that a College Admisions offical report Illegal aliens. And Out of State and International Students are allowed to attend most Colleges and Universities.

The only thing Lawmakers are discussing is revolking the In-State tution rate. So next year MALDEF, La Raza Unida Party, or The GI Forum will pick up the rest of the tab.

Scholarships for Mexican-American/Hispanic/Latino Students

In which case it is a victory for anti-illegal immigration. illegals should not benefit in the same way legals do.
 
Old 02-02-2010, 09:18 PM
 
34,990 posts, read 34,025,552 times
Reputation: 6159
Default "Nebraska of all places - 41,000 students here illegally - residents pick up the tuition tab"

Enrollment is 41,000; "35 [students] who are in the country illegally are at the center of an intense political debate."

Maybe consider correcting the thread title -- ?
 
Old 02-02-2010, 09:22 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,778,133 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Enrollment is 41,000; "35 [students] who are in the country illegally are at the center of an intense political debate."

Maybe consider correcting the thread title -- ?
Only a Moderator can do that
 
Old 02-02-2010, 09:25 PM
 
8,743 posts, read 10,053,844 times
Reputation: 3384
THIS IS DISGUSTING!!!!!

Why the hell am I being punished for being legal and paying taxes?!
 
Old 02-02-2010, 09:26 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,296,717 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Only a Moderator can do that
I'll bet ArizonaDrunk disappeared.
 
Old 02-02-2010, 09:29 PM
 
Location: San Diego
33,135 posts, read 30,388,469 times
Reputation: 17905
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Enrollment is 41,000; "35 [students] who are in the country illegally are at the center of an intense political debate."

Maybe consider correcting the thread title -- ?
If you had read the rest of it -- I posted -- that --

but feel free to run with that
 
Old 02-02-2010, 09:32 PM
 
34,990 posts, read 34,025,552 times
Reputation: 6159
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If you had read the rest of it -- I posted -- that --

but feel free to run with that
? The title's wrong.

But feel free to run with that.
 
Old 02-03-2010, 06:43 AM
 
Location: San Diego
33,135 posts, read 30,388,469 times
Reputation: 17905
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
? The title's wrong.

But feel free to run with that.

Can't edit the title, yet again. Hey this game is fun, your turn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top