U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 06:59 PM

1,220 posts, read 3,297,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
It's not just about white people, it's about everybody and everybody who feels the effects of illegal immigration across the country.
No, I have Ethiopian friends who are upset by the illegal Hispanic immigrants. What is there to like??? These people come here, sit in the streets, drink in public, harass women (me in particular) throw garbage in the street, disrespect the law, do not pay taxes, have ten people living in one apartment, are rude and discusting. Tell me would you like any race of people like that? It just so happens a large number of illegals are Hispanics and they are that way. This is the fact. Period.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:27 PM

787 posts, read 1,623,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I believe your study is flawed based on how many Hispanics are here illegally. There are only 40 million Hispanics in this country total, total including the illegal kind and their anchors. 1) There really are at least 20 million illegals in this country not the 12 million figure that has been touted for years and most of them are Hispanics. Do the math.

2) It doesn't matter if some Americans are opposed to illegal immigration because they might dislike a certain group of them. The bottom line is that the majority aren't like that and it is really irrelevant anyway because this is about our immigration laws and that is all that counts regardless of personal feelings about a certain group. The immigrants back then weren't illegal so why you try to make this correlation is beyond me except to keep the race card alive in this issue. The issue is the law, period.

1) It is not my study but a very credible source in Cornel & Univ. ov NH. Glad you've done the count yourself. Your math is VERY fuzzy. I'll take Cornell over your biased sources anyday.

2) It DOES matter when states start passing laws (due in part to hystercial, untrue claims about illegal immigrants) that have the POTENTIAL to discriminate (even if unintentionally).

Old 07-08-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
No it is because the the sneaky Hispanics come here and have too many babys and they are thus citizens and they do not parent these babys correctly and have them just to have them and get welfare and benefits in addition to creating a population overload inthis country and have this elitist entitlement attitude about being in this country because they bore children here. They are not citizens of our country. They produce innocent children and make them citizens because of our stupid laws and then exploit these laws. This is why Americans who are born and raised as I am in this country are sick and tired of putting up with this crap. I have experienced the outcome of this crap and I hear this complaint from Americans in my area everywhere everyday. These Hispanics have no desire to learn our culture or respect it.

To the OP: I am NOT holding this incredibly ignorant post against you. But this pretty much makes my case. Talk about wide sweeping generalizations.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:23 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal35 View Post
1) It is not my study but a very credible source in Cornel & Univ. ov NH. Glad you've done the count yourself. Your math is VERY fuzzy. I'll take Cornell over your biased sources anyday.

2) It DOES matter when states start passing laws (due in part to hystercial, untrue claims about illegal immigrants) that have the POTENTIAL to discriminate (even if unintentionally).
If you think my math is fuzzy then dispute the stats I provided. I don't have a biased source the math is all my own.

All laws have the potential to discriminate since not all LE are honest (most are though). So what do we do not make any laws because some LE might not follow the letter of the law? I think Gov. Brewer knows how illegal immigration is affecting her own state since she is the Govenor.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
If you think my math is fuzzy then dispute the stats I provided. I don't have a biased source the math is all my own.
Very funny, I provided a link to study and the reasoning as to why your math is wrong. You simply never responded and are now telling me I need to tell you why your math is wrong AGAIN.

Gov. Brewer can read the polls very well. The "tyranny of the majority" is a problem the founding fathers wrestled with. James Madison in Federalist Paper 51 put it this way,

"It is of great importance in a republic not only to guard the society against the oppression of its rulers but to guard one part of the society against the injustice of the other part. If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure."

Forget about illegals for a moment...I am thinking here of the situation for certain legal, U.S. citizens with this reference.

Old 07-09-2010, 03:26 AM
Yac

5,874 posts, read 6,292,130 times
Since the focus has switched from illegals to Hispanics, I think this thread can safely be closed, as this forum, despite what some might be thinking, is not about Hispanics.
Closed.
Yac,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or