U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 04:03 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times

Advertisements

Actually; I suspect that our Hispanic population is dropping with so many of them returning to Mexico, etc. between our bum economy is growing enforcement of our immigration laws. Too; quite a few Mexicans here legally (green card holders) have left due to no work here.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:13 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Actually; I suspect that our Hispanic population is dropping with so many of them returning to Mexico, etc. between our bum economy is growing enforcement of our immigration laws. Too; quite a few Mexicans here legally (green card holders) have left due to no work here.
Since it seems some of the data was dated 2004, I am sure the population grew from then until recent, before the self deportations of late.

Last edited by getout; 02-02-2010 at 04:23 PM..

Old 02-02-2010, 04:22 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
I would guess that those who have U.S. born children are the ones not leaving and they are costing us the most. The parents are able to collect welfare for these kids and it supplements the whole family income. I think that with any CIR/amnesty pending that those with U.S. born children think they will have an advantage or leverage.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I would guess that those who have U.S. born children are the ones not leaving and they are costing us the most. The parents are able to collect welfare for these kids and it supplements the whole family income. I think that with any CIR/amnesty pending that those with U.S. born children think they will have an advantage or leverage.
Mexico is feeling our pain........

According to that thread; quite a few American kids (Anchors or not) are going to Mexico with their parents who are citizens of SoB.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:59 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Quote:
Does anyone really believe that much of this is due to "legal" immigration by Hispanics? If so, I have a lake to sell you out in the Sahara Desert.

(CBS/AP) Hispanics accounted for half the 2.9 million U.S. population growth from 2003 to 2004 and now constitute one-seventh of all people in the United States.

A Census Bureau report issued Thursday said that trend probably will continue because of immigration and a Hispanic birth rate outstripping non-Hispanic blacks and whites.

The agency estimated there are 41.3 million Hispanics in the U.S. The bureau does not ask about legal status so its numbers are intended to include everyone.

The population growth for Asians ran a close second. Increases in both groups are due LARGELY TO IMMIGRATION, but also higher birth rates, said Lewis W. Goodman, an American University expert on U.S.-Latin American relations.

www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/06/09/national/main700582.shtml

The bureau does not ask about legal status so its numbers are intended to include everyone.

if the census bureau doesnt ask legal status, how can anyone make a determination as to what the true numbers are. Its all a big guess...Nothing more.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:22 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Quote:

Oh you better believe those who had children born here, aren't going anywhere, anytime soon. If they are here illegally i don't want them here, i don't care what Country they come from, illegal is just that illegal.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:14 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
The bureau does not ask about legal status so its numbers are intended to include everyone.

if the census bureau doesnt ask legal status, how can anyone make a determination as to what the true numbers are. Its all a big guess...Nothing more.
The study says that Hispanic growth is coming mostly from immigration. Go back on the first page and read the statistics that Benicar provided and then you will know that the growth is from mostly "illegal" immigration.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:47 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,397,857 times
Quote:
So how may pregnant illegal alien women have been rounded up and deported prior to having their anchors with the growing enforcement of our immigration laws in this bum economy? That would only save taxpayers the medical bill and 18 years of anchor welfare.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
So how may pregnant illegal alien women have been rounded up and deported prior to having their anchors with the growing enforcement of our immigration laws in this bum economy? That would only save taxpayers the medical bill and 18 years of anchor welfare.
No info on preggers illegal alien women. Although about 2 yeas ago when Arizona's employer sanctions law was put in place; quite a few Hispanic kids disappeared from the schools located in/near the barrios.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:31 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post

My "guess" is that there are a h*lol of a lot more Illegals here than the "officials" are guessing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or