Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 11:41 AM

706 posts, read 939,999 times

Advertisements

As the chickens come home to roost.

It would appear that,due to the economic downturn here in the U.S. , that many are returning to mexico and bringing with them some of the same problems that we face here in Our country. Maybe this "poetic justice" will force mexico to deal with its problems rather than passing them on to the U.S. taxpayer.....

One can only hope
BL

"They come back with more expectations than they left with. They want better public services – roads, schools, sewer systems – and, more important, jobs. Some complain about the lack of drinking water. Their children often speak only English or broken Spanish"

"We don't have enough room in our schools, much less bilingual teachers, as some students arrive speaking English, and they can't fit in," she said"

SNIP

Migrants struggling for work in Texas return to Mexico as a burden | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Headline | International News

Old 02-02-2010, 11:57 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
As the chickens come home to roost.

It would appear that,due to the economic downturn here in the U.S. , that many are returning to mexico and bringing with them some of the same problems that we face here in Our country. Maybe this "poetic justice" will force mexico to deal with its problems rather than passing them on to the U.S. taxpayer.....

One can only hope
BL

"They come back with more expectations than they left with. They want better public services – roads, schools, sewer systems – and, more important, jobs. Some complain about the lack of drinking water. Their children often speak only English or broken Spanish"

"We don't have enough room in our schools, much less bilingual teachers, as some students arrive speaking English, and they can't fit in," she said"

SNIP

Migrants struggling for work in Texas return to Mexico as a burden | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Headline | International News
Oh the irony of it all! I just love karma also.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:11 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,167 times
This is the first time I saw a positive to illegal immigration. Now that they have had a taste of the US pie, they want it for their own country. Let them march, wave their flags, demand rights and social services there, just don't do it here.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:12 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,371,609 times
I see alot of first and second generation Hispanic immigrant parents or families where one parent is Hispanic and the other is American who don't bother to teach their kids Spanish. To me it is such a wasted opportunity, as they never know when it'll come in handy for them...this article should be a lesson for them to what may happen if they don't make the effort.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:59 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
I see alot of first and second generation Hispanic immigrant parents or families where one parent is Hispanic and the other is American who don't bother to teach their kids Spanish. To me it is such a wasted opportunity, as they never know when it'll come in handy for them...this article should be a lesson for them to what may happen if they don't make the effort.
Oh well. If the American parent did not have a child with an illegal alien.........said family would not have been 'forced' to go to Mexico. There are consequences for one's criminal actions.

Besides: maybe those American children (Anchor Baby or not) can help build up Mexico.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:19 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,060,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
This doesn't happen in Miami anymore. Even Anglo kids and Haitians speak Spanish.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Besides: maybe those American children (Anchor Baby or not) can help build up Mexico.
I agree with that statement. What Latin America needs in general is more American methods. This could benefit both Latin America and the USA

Old 02-02-2010, 01:27 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
This doesn't happen in Miami anymore. Even Anglo kids and Haitians speak Spanish.
That's what I have heard. Miami has turned into a completely Hispanic city. So much for assimilation as is claimed.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:56 PM

706 posts, read 939,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
That's what I have heard. Miami has turned into a completely Hispanic city. So much for assimilation as is claimed.
I think that the citizens of the U.S. are assimilating to life in Miami quite nicely.
Isn't that what it means to assimilate ? To learn spanish ? To cave in to the demands of those who refuse to learn English?

Assimmilation has been redefined it seems.....

Old 02-02-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
I think that the citizens of the U.S. are assimilating to life in Miami quite nicely.
Isn't that what it means to assimilate ? To learn spanish ? To cave in to the demands of those who refuse to learn English?

Assimmilation has been redefined it seems.....
Well I haven't met anybody that refuses to learn English. Some can't due to their age and others are still in the process of learning. Miami has a large of foreign born citizens but many are fluent in English.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration