U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 10:48 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,956,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Please cite one post that calls for criminals to stay in this country.

When some folk were coplaining about the cost of housing alien prisoners, I stated that the Gov. of California could cummute their sentences and deport them back to their home countries...To which I told I was in favor of setting these criminals free.

So what is the plan...Try these guys and keep them here in jail, or convict and deport.
Every post that calls for amnesty is an example of what you ask for.
Every single illegal is in fact a criminal.
However I know what you meant. NO pro-illegal poster that I know of has said that violent criminals should benefit from an amnesty program. The argument as I understand it is that illegals who have broken no other laws other than crossing without a VISA should be provided a path to legalize their status. The real argument starts here. anti-illegals like myself feel that they should first return home and apply the right way. The way all legals before them had to do it. The pro side feel that this is an unfair and undue hardship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 03:23 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,099,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Every post that calls for amnesty is an example of what you ask for.
Every single illegal is in fact a criminal.
However I know what you meant. NO pro-illegal poster that I know of has said that violent criminals should benefit from an amnesty program. The argument as I understand it is that illegals who have broken no other laws other than crossing without a VISA should be provided a path to legalize their status. The real argument starts here. anti-illegals like myself feel that they should first return home and apply the right way. The way all legals before them had to do it. The pro side feel that this is an unfair and undue hardship.
Be careful to whom you through "YOU" at. Because I have never advocated amenesty.

So try again, and if you feel Im promoting amnesty, cite my quote in favor.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:31 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,186,440 times
Quote:
Be careful to whom you through "YOU" at. Because I have never advocated amenesty.

So try again, and if you feel Im promoting amnesty, cite my quote in favor.
Perhaps you would like to enlighten us as to what exactly is your stance on illegal immigration, amnesty, legalization? You have defended the use of illegal labor in this country in your posts.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:09 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,099,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Perhaps you would like to enlighten us as to what exactly is your stance on illegal immigration, amnesty, legalization? You have defended the use of illegal labor in this country in your posts.
I have already, simple search through my posts and read for yourself.

Again, when have I ever defended the use of illegal labor, I called for guest workers... Guest workers are not illegals

and if you have any quote where I defend the use of illegal labor please cite.

I called for studies that showed a cost benifit vs cost lost to tax payers. That is not defending illegal labor. Im simply asking to know, whether it is a detrement or benifit to them being here...That is a ligitimate area to discuss.

Im not for a border fence. Not because I want people to cross over, because so far the fence has only been proposed for 1/4 of the entire Us Mexico border. The cost is astronomical, and the Fereqal government is selling the fence as a built item. Ranchers and Farmer in texas are loosing their land to this Fence. In Texas we take state's rights seriously.

Im not for Mass deportation, because the cost would also be astronomical. Each person aprehanded, will have to have an immagration trial...per US immagration law. After the hearing they are to have a trial to make a determination of immagration status. then they are processed to be deported to their home nation.
The above proccedure seems simple enough, but what I left out is the days to weeks of detention that each person will require during the status review. Housing the accused is one, then you have to feed them and providse them with medical services while housed...And you talking about Thousands upon thousands cloggong the system. Then You will not simple place them on a bus and send them over the border, Deportees will have to be flown to there home nations. so expect hundreds of flights to Houdrus, Colombia, Guatemala, Belize, Costa Rica, Venazuela...ect.

again if you have any quote of me defending illegal immagration, please post.

Last edited by 1751texan; 02-09-2010 at 10:27 AM..

Old 02-09-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
I have already, simple search through my posts and read for yourself.

Again, when have I ever defended the use of illegal labor, I called for guest workers... Guest workers are not illegals

and if you have any quote where I defend the use of illegal labor please cite.

I called for studies that showed a cost benifit vs cost lost to tax payers. That is not defending illegal labor. Im simply asking to know, whether it is a detrement or benifit to them being here...That is a ligitimate area to discuss.

Im not for a border fence. Not because I want people to cross over, because so far the fence has only been proposed for 1/4 of the entire Us Mexico border. The cost is astronomical, and the Fereqal government is selling the fence as a built item. Ranchers and Farmer in texas are loosing their land to this Fence. In Texas we take state's rights seriously.

Im not for Mass deportation, because the cost would also be astronomical. Each person aprehanded, will have to have an immagration trial...per US immagration law. After the hearing they are to have a trial to make a determination of immagration status. then they are processed to be deported to their home nation.
The above proccedure seems simple enough, but what I left out is the days to weeks of detention that each person will require during the status review. Housing the accused is one, then you have to feed them and providse them with medical services while housed...And you talking about Thousands upon thousands cloggong the system. Then You will not simple place them on a bus and send them over the border, Deportees will have to be flown to there home nations. so expect hundreds of flights to Houdrus, Colombia, Guatemala, Belize, Costa Rica, Venazuela...ect.

again if you have any quote of me defending illegal immagration, please post.
These are your own words:

"I know...hes illegal, he has no benifit... sorry that broken record only works here on this forum...in the real world people deal in facts."

If that isn't defending illegal immigraton, then I don't know what is. I am sure I can find more of your remarks defending illegal immigration but I don't have the time to do it.

The fence is being constructed in the places where it is most needed and it is effective. If I lived on the border and the government wanted some of my land to secure our country, I would gladly oblige. Afterall, a secure border protects us all.

I, and most of the anti-illegals in here are not for mass deportations either. We are for self-deportations by using e-verify and removing any other incentives to remain or to come here.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:36 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,711,099 times
Quote:
These are your own words:

"I know...hes illegal, he has no benifit... sorry that broken record only works here on this forum...in the real world people deal in facts."

If that isn't defending illegal immigraton, then I don't know what is. I am sure I can find more of your remarks defending illegal immigration but I don't have the time to do it.

The fence is being constructed in the places where it is most needed and it is effective. If I lived on the border and the government wanted some of my land to secure our country, I would gladly oblige. Afterall, a secure border protects us all.

I, and most of the anti-illegals in here are not for mass deportations either. We are for self-deportations by using e-verify and removing any other incentives to remain or to come here.
In all fairness: I am in favor of forced mass deportations-------such a threat with teeth would 'encourage' many more illegal aliens to self deport first.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
In all fairness: I am in favor of forced mass deportations-------such a threat with teeth would 'encourage' many more illegal aliens to self deport first.
I realize that we differ somewhat on the deportation issue that is why I said "many or most". I just know that our government won't mass deport so I am advocating for self-deport instead and it would be far less costly.

Last edited by chicagonut; 02-09-2010 at 03:47 PM..

Old 02-09-2010, 03:32 PM

1,856 posts, read 2,035,568 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I am on AB's side here. I totally agree that a mass deportation would encourage more to leave on their own. I just want them all out NOW!

Quote:
I realize that we differ somewhat on the deportation issue that is why is said "many or most". I just know that our government won't mass deport so I am advocating for self-deport instead and it would be far less costly.
I agree with you, too! Our lame government won't mass deport.
However, if we enforced our own laws and used E-Verify all the time then the illegals would get the message that there are NO jobs for them and they would leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or