Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 09:37 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,515,738 times

Advertisements

I’m all choked up.

Quote:
Years later, I now stand fearful of my family. Finding that my husband faces deportation, due to a felony arrest and conviction for using false documentation so that he could obtain work. I am an American Born citizen, married nearly ten years, with two children. Immigration has denied my husband's waiver and request for Permanent Residency. Now, Immigration - The Federal Government - is asking that I face the possibility of single parenthood.

"My husband is a stay at home father, now because his work permit has been suspended. Fortunately, he is now attending LATTC, studying to become an Electrician. My husband now qualifies for the schools Dean's List.

"Our Attorney has stated that there may be no hope, none. Immigration will care nothing his accomplishments and of the anxiety and psychological impact deporting him will cause the family.

I find that Obama not stating anything on the issues of immigration in his 'State of the Union' was disappointing. I do hope that soon his administration will look at the harm immigration is causing and consider putting in a "SOCIAL WORK COMPONENT" to address each of these cases."
Reader: President Obama's Lack of Immigration Reform May Cost Me My Husband - Seattle News - The Daily Weekly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 10:36 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,167,491 times
Too bad too sad. Crime does not pay nor should it ever be rewarded. Next time try to hook up with a legal citizen and avoid such heart aches.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:08 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,924,111 times
I got news for you little miss felon accomplice.....you're hosed!

Old 02-03-2010, 11:45 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,816,186 times
Gotta love the slanted headline on this article. It wasn't his and her poor choices that caused this - noooooo it was the POTUS and his "lack of immigration reform'.

Guess what honey? Your husband did NOT "immigrate". Why did he never seek to adjust status if he had reasons to fear return to his country of origin? Because he was busy working ILLEGALLY and was on a good thing and didn't want to rock the boat by actually trying to do the right thing.

It's YOUR decision if you want to stay here with your kids when he's deported - the same as it was YOUR decision to marry and have kids with an illegal.

Too bad, so sad.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:56 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,167,491 times
On the bright side. I am sure they can use an electrician in the hubby's nation of origin.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:15 PM

Don’t you just love these sob stories? It’s never their fault.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:35 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,450,866 times
If you were in her shoes you would be sobbing too. Why post this? Just so you can mock that person?

The real sad thing here imo, is that our country allowed this to happen and will not take accountability for it or do anything to reconcile it, leaving heaps of people in limbo.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
If you were in her shoes you would be sobbing too. Why post this? Just so you can mock that person?

The real sad thing here imo, is that our country allowed this to happen and will not take accountability for it or do anything to reconcile it, leaving heaps of people in limbo.
In all honesty, how does this woman’s dilemma differ from the wives of any other criminal who is arrested and incarcerated?

I posted it, because I’m sick of these biased sob stories. So yes, I guess I am mocking her.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:39 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,450,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
In all honesty, how does this woman’s dilemma differ from the wives of any other criminal who is arrested and incarcerated?
It differs in that 'we the people' (voted representatives) allowed it to occur and are not fixing it, doesn't look like Obama wants to take it on either.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
It differs in that 'we the people' (voted representatives) allowed it to occur and are not fixing it, doesn't look like Obama wants to take it on either.
Isn’t she married to a convicted felon? I’m sorry, but I fail to see the difference. This man willfully violated our laws. Therefore, like other felons, he and his family must suffer the consequences. I’m sure there are also citizens in jail for stealing who were trying to support their families.

Our laws don't need to be fixed, they only need to be enforced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration