U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-04-2010, 04:16 PM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,138,677 times
Reputation: 453

Advertisements

Pulling up the news link today, I saw several articles showing Texas is getting busy.

Texas-based Bus Companies Face 'Human Trafficking' Allegations

and

ICE arrests 104 people during operation targeting illicit transportation businesses (http://www.ethiopianreview.com/news/20760 - broken link)

Last edited by getout; 02-04-2010 at 04:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-04-2010, 04:18 PM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,138,677 times
Reputation: 453
Heres the link for some other news stories.

ICE illegals houston texas - Google News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2010, 04:30 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 25 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,060 posts, read 15,472,876 times
Reputation: 5288
See this kind of stuff works, not only does it penalize/close the businesses, but it also exposes the nasty under layers of humans as commodities.

Rather than come into the neighborhoods harassing people like Sheriff Joe, do some real investigation like these folks have and hurt the core of the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2010, 05:02 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
See this kind of stuff works, not only does it penalize/close the businesses, but it also exposes the nasty under layers of humans as commodities.

Rather than come into the neighborhoods harassing people like Sheriff Joe, do some real investigation like these folks have and hurt the core of the problem.
There is more than one "core" to this problem. First our government, second the employers and third the illegals themselves. They are ALL guilty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2010, 05:16 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
See this kind of stuff works, not only does it penalize/close the businesses, but it also exposes the nasty under layers of humans as commodities.

Rather than come into the neighborhoods harassing people like Sheriff Joe, do some real investigation like these folks have and hurt the core of the problem.
Just remember that Sheriff Joe is probably drawing the spotlight away from the rest of LE when it comes to rousting illegal aliens. It is pretty tough for a bunch of illegal alien apologists to keep an eye on everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2010, 05:17 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 25 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,060 posts, read 15,472,876 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
There is more than one "core" to this problem. First our government, second the employers and third the illegals themselves. They are ALL guilty.
Yeah but so far we have just been fighting #3. Arguably if #2 and #1 were fixed first, #3 would take care of itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2010, 05:38 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Yeah but so far we have just been fighting #3. Arguably if #2 and #1 were fixed first, #3 would take care of itself.
No, we haven't. We have been targeting the employers also. There have been many raids on companies using illegal alien labor and they have been fined and imprisoned in some cases. That is the reason that e-verify is so important. It would put a stop to these illegal hiring practices in most cases.

As for our government they are getting the message loud and clear. We are not going to tolerate this situation any longer. They know they had better not bring up another amesty and that we are demanding e-verify, secure borders and internal enforcement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2010, 05:47 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,293,898 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No, we haven't. We have been targeting the employers also. There have been many raids on companies using illegal alien labor and they have been fined and imprisoned in some cases. That is the reason that e-verify is so important. It would put a stop to these illegal hiring practices in most cases.

As for our government they are getting the message loud and clear. We are not going to tolerate this situation any longer. They know they had better not bring up another amesty and that we are demanding e-verify, secure borders and internal enforcement.


Saying i would agree with you. About e-verify, secure borders, and internal enforcement, what do you think the government should do. They will probably do as they are now, nothing. I believe our GOVERNMENT hears the message loud and clear, but will they actullay act upon it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2010, 05:53 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Saying i would agree with you. About e-verify, secure borders, and internal enforcement, what do you think the government should do. They will probably do as they are now, nothing. I believe our GOVERNMENT hears the message loud and clear, but will they actullay act upon it.
Removing all pro-amnesty politicans from office via our votes is a good start. We will not tolerate the status quo anymore either and our government is going to hear that loud and clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2010, 06:57 PM
 
Location: California
706 posts, read 796,367 times
Reputation: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Saying i would agree with you. About e-verify, secure borders, and internal enforcement, what do you think the government should do. They will probably do as they are now, nothing. I believe our GOVERNMENT hears the message loud and clear, but will they actullay act upon it.

What will the government do ?

Work site raids stopped after February 2009, so that is not on the books. DHS still plays "catch and release", The Soetoro Administration plans on reducing the border patrol by 180 agents,......So, just what is the new approach ?


" A top official in the Obama administration’s Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency said that the move away from work-site raids has reduced the number of illegal aliens who have been arrested and led to the release of many of those who had been detained"

And how about these recommendations......

"implement stricter federal regulations on arrest and detention procedures for ICE and other law enforcement agencies, including allowing illegal aliens to continue to work while they contest their deportation."

"and the establishment of networks of attorneys to represent illegal aliens who have been arrested"

SNIP............
CNSNews.com - ICE Official: Work-Site Arrests of Illegal Aliens ‘Down From Previous Years’ (http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/60925 - broken link)


"Meet the new boss, Same as the old boss"

BL


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top