U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 09:40 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,427,088 times

Advertisements

people speeding are afraid of police that write tickets.
and should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 10:03 PM

706 posts, read 796,367 times
[quote=that1guy;12790370]While I agree with You on the aftermath of the Postville raid, it wasn't done to "punish the poor simply because they were poor". It was done, in fact because someone broke the law.

Given the way our society works, if this were a highly affluent area and those affected were highly affluent, do you think that Postville would be in the situation it is in today?

Areas that have larger amounts of illegal immigrants are usually poorer. The illegal immigrant population in Postville supported local businesses and brought in much needed revenue.

If illegal immigrants were quite well off, there would be more of an ability to change the outcome.

It would seem to me that Postville, and the plant itself, set themselves up for this raid by blatantly breaking the law. They are responsible for the results, as well as the illegals who accepted the jobs, knowing full well that the act itself was illegal and might well have negative repercussions on themselves,their families, as well as the town.

This is why we need reform as to not have another Postville. If the laws worked and were "just" the outcome would not be worse than the original state of things. If the laws were meant to protect the population, it would be reasonable to assume that Postville would be the same or better after the raid. However, the laws obviously had the opposite effect. This is not an isolated outcome of raids. We need to find means to normalize those that work in the United States.

Sorry T1G

Love You like a brother, but I love My country more...

I love Benicar, She is my Sister......
I love Zacatecana....She is my Sister as well

At least they offer discussions.....

I offer my resigntion from the forum....

BL

Old 02-06-2010, 10:15 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,048,183 times
I guess we need to suspend arrest for other law violators too in OPs opinon.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:02 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,138,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I guess we need to suspend arrest for other law violators too in OPs opinon.
I was waiting for someone to say this. And, no. Law enforcement are investigating to uncover crimes that criminals do. I'm sorry you cannot decipher between the two and I guess that's why there is such controversy? People cannot see that what is illegal is wrong?

Old 02-07-2010, 02:14 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,410,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
There are plenty of community leaders that invest time in reaching and teaching those that have no legal status about the purpose of the Census. With their help, we hope we can send the message out that there will be no raids in repercussion for answering the 10 easy questions on the census.

We need to have an accurate figure of the needs in our community regardless of the legal status of the population.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
There are plenty of community leaders that invest time in reaching and teaching those that have no legal status about the purpose of the Census. With their help, we hope we can send the message out that there will be no raids in repercussion for answering the 10 easy questions on the census.

We need to have an accurate figure of the needs in our community regardless of the legal status of the population.
They are here illegally, they do not count. No more money for thier neghborhoods for them to keep lapping up. Also, community leaders will get the message no more money until they stop this abuse. I'm tired of paying for illegal freeloaders.

Here's just one example.

http://www.dss.cahwnet.gov/fraud/PG270.htm

Old 02-07-2010, 02:43 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,410,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
They are here illegally, they do not count. No more money for thier neghborhoods for them to keep lapping up. Also, community leaders will get the message no more money until they stop this abuse. I'm tired of paying for illegal freeloaders.

Here's just one example.

Welfare Fraud Stories
The law says they do count in a census. I dont understand why should community leaders say otherwise, if the law says the their legal status does not matter.

The list you provided on that link are of people who commit fraud on welfare. Very few illegal immigrants commit fraud on welfare. You should check your stats.

Old 02-07-2010, 06:19 AM

Quote:
The law says they do count in a census. I dont understand why should community leaders say otherwise, if the law says the their legal status does not matter.

The list you provided on that link are of people who commit fraud on welfare. Very few illegal immigrants commit fraud on welfare. You should check your stats.
Do you have proof to either of these statements?

My link shows just a glimmer of what these criminals do regarding sucking this country dry. The law says it does not matter? That counting illegal aliens is legal? Please show this to me. If it be true, it needs to change.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:03 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:

Illegal aliens having 'needs'? I think not. They need to be booted out of the USA, we owe them nothing else.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:17 AM

25,107 posts, read 34,371,245 times
Those here illegally should "get" NO BENEFITS whatsoever.

NONE.

No housing

No Health care

No Food

No Education.

NOTHING
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration