U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 03:50 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,092,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
It appears that some of the (smarter) DREAmies are finally getting the big picture after TOTUS' big let-down in the State of the Union - many have stated on the DREAM-on blog that they are packing their bags and going to live somewhere else because they don't want to wait here forever being nannies and gardeners all their lives. Finally, some of them are actually GETTING it.

great...now thats something I dont mind my tax money going towards: Helping them get the hell out!...Free bus tickets for everybody!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 03:53 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,081,741 times
I agree. 'Self deportation' is the way to go. Several times, I stopped myself from drunk driving (I didn't drink). Another time, I picked up an expensive item in a store, but put it back before I stole it....and once, I restrained myself from punching my boss in the nose.

It's not the same. Not to mention the effects of markets at work as well as various other variables. Classic Walmart patriot tactic, using common analogies that don't do a good job describing the situation.

Therefore I 'self-corrected'; I stopped several 'crimes in progress' by not committing them, and it didn't cost me a dime. No cost to the taxpayer, either...and I didn't even have to use force.

'Self-deportation' is vastly preferable to waiting around for the government to do it. And when you 'self deport', you avoid all that publicity.

Except it doesn't really happen. See if you have a supply of cheap labor and a demand for cheap labor, coupled with a supply of lower wage jobs with the demand for work at these jobs...you have a very lucrative market. Extreme restrictions force people go to unregulated jobs. Thus, self deportation doesn't occur, simply there is a shift in where employment is.

Old 02-05-2010, 04:08 PM

I find it really odd that nobody is taking the whole black market and other means of employment into consideration when making this self deport argument. Again it goes back to the whole emotionality of the debate from this extremist stance.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:12 PM

32,823 posts, read 30,091,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I agree. 'Self deportation' is the way to go. Several times, I stopped myself from drunk driving (I didn't drink). Another time, I picked up an expensive item in a store, but put it back before I stole it....and once, I restrained myself from punching my boss in the nose.

Therefore I 'self-corrected'; I stopped several 'crimes in progress' by not committing them, and it didn't cost me a dime. No cost to the taxpayer, either...and I didn't even have to use force.

'Self-deportation' is vastly preferable to waiting around for the government to do it. And when you 'self deport', you avoid all that publicity.
Our economy is doing everything to correct the situation that it can. I'm off to Walmart to wade through the Illegals for a few items.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:39 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,646,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
I find it really odd that nobody is taking the whole black market and other means of employment into consideration when making this self deport argument. Again it goes back to the whole emotionality of the debate from this extremist stance.
that1guy: about the only thing protecting known illegal aliens from physical assault (or worse) from highly disgruntled unemployed Americans are unemployment checks. If they were to be discontinued............

Old 02-05-2010, 09:36 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,694,322 times
Posts are much easier to read when people employ the "oh-so-handy" quote button.

Just sayin'.....

Old 02-05-2010, 10:22 PM

8,743 posts, read 10,007,688 times
Who cares if they paid taxes or anything.

They are here ILLEGALLY. It does NOT change that little fact.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Who cares if they paid taxes or anything.

They are here ILLEGALLY. It does NOT change that little fact.
I jay walked today. Very illegal thing to do in Orange. Yet, it wasn't worth the resources to prosecute me. In the end, it was better (cheaper and more beneficial to both parties) to accept it and move on...thus, why many streets in Orange have cross walks with traffic lights. My point is, that if you see that it's less beneficial for BOTH parties, it might be time to change the law.

The argument of "well, it's ILLEGAL" implies that laws are staid and can't change. It implies also moral authority of the law. We know these two presmises are false.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
that1guy: about the only thing protecting known illegal aliens from physical assault (or worse) from highly disgruntled unemployed Americans are unemployment checks. If they were to be discontinued............
Huh? They don't even comprimise the a significant population of workers. Again, this jingoist sentiment on this board prompted me to start this thread.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:21 AM

It's again painfully sad to see people are simply using tired lines that don't even hold true. It's really a shame to see people fall into this trap of the myth of America, vs. the reality. Look, don't get me wrong, I love this country. My grandfather's family was here since the 1600s. I just don't like how people distort reality and turn America into an exceptionalist nation.

Illegal immigrants are simply one of the many issues that Walmart Patriots tend to bluntly treat. It's really gross the amount of mis-information or even the lack of acknowledgement of information when presented by this group of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration