U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 07:53 PM

25 posts, read 20,516 times

Advertisements

America has been absorbing third world countries as you put it for centuries, before america took over the west it was a bunch of cowboys and indians running around with a loin cloth and no technology and then we civlized them and look how great it is today.

If I am not mistaken, america captured mexico city back in the day and it caused them to hand over a few states. It may be the agreement you are talking about it may not be, but I think it is as it was a deal where we let mexico have the rest of the land they have today after we captured their capital. Thats why they signed the agreement.

It will be fun when we take over mexico, whatever happened to the manifest destiny, you guys are not being fun. As long as mexico is our neighbour they are a threat to national security because we don't have control of what is going on down there. We need to take them over and civilize them like we did to the rest of the wild wild west. And Canada, they have no control of their big borders, we need to take them over to ensure a buffer from our enemies like russia

Old 02-06-2010, 08:47 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Most of Mexico looks just like the US. The problem lies in the huge imbalance of wealth and it's poverty tends to congregate in certain areas. The Mexican Govt would love nothing more than to get every one of it's poor across the border to send money back and get them off it's social services.

The last thing the US needs is to voluntarily absorb that poverty.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:17 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,397,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtar View Post
America has been absorbing third world countries as you put it for centuries, before america took over the west it was a bunch of cowboys and indians running around with a loin cloth and no technology and then we civlized them and look how great it is today.

If I am not mistaken, america captured mexico city back in the day and it caused them to hand over a few states. It may be the agreement you are talking about it may not be, but I think it is as it was a deal where we let mexico have the rest of the land they have today after we captured their capital. Thats why they signed the agreement.

It will be fun when we take over mexico, whatever happened to the manifest destiny, you guys are not being fun. As long as mexico is our neighbour they are a threat to national security because we don't have control of what is going on down there. We need to take them over and civilize them like we did to the rest of the wild wild west. And Canada, they have no control of their big borders, we need to take them over to ensure a buffer from our enemies like russia
America needs to get it's act together and take care of America first before America could take over anything else, especially a corrupt 3rd world country like Mexico. America is bankrupt and refuses to even acknowledge the fact. A $45,000 debt for every man, woman and child in the country? Of course the bottom 50% pays almost NO income tax so thats $90,000 for every man, woman, and child in the top 50% and zero for the people in the bottom 50%. But the bottom 50% does get to vote on tax increases for the top 50%.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:57 AM

25 posts, read 20,516 times
See I think you guys are looking at this the wrong way, if the founding fathers had been like you america would only have 13 states.

What do you think the economy of america was like when the nation was founded? 1/4 settlers starved or froze to death, but that did not stop america from expanding. In fact the only reason why america is so rich is because it kept expanding throughout the 1800s despite having numerous wars and trade embargos placed on it by england.

By the way mexico has a lower amount of debt as % of gdp, so your taxes will go down when we take over mexico. Heck you could move to mexico if you wanted and pay less tax.

What do you think all the states where before america took them over, no different than modern mexico, just a bunch of lawless people running around in loin clothes.

When we take over canada and mexico we can sell their oil to the world and it will help get us out of bankruptcy.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:12 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Most of Mexico looks just like the US. The problem lies in the huge imbalance of wealth and it's poverty tends to congregate in certain areas. The Mexican Govt would love nothing more than to get every one of it's poor across the border to send money back and get them off it's social services.

The last thing the US needs is to voluntarily absorb that poverty.

Thank you, and you make sense. You know that mexico would love getting most of the poor, across the border, and yes to send money back , and get the poor off of their back.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:32 AM

711 posts, read 1,281,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtar View Post
If I am not mistaken america did have bombs back in the 1800s. In fact if I am not mistake pirates in the 14-1600s had bombs aka canons. I never said anything about airplanes and bombs. Bombs do not necessarily have to come from airplanes. My understanding of a bomb is any device which uses some kind of checmical reaction to rapidly expand and release energy with the intent to cause damage.

When they use to use canons to shoot bombs to blow up boats and cities, yeah, I would say that counts as a bomb, but I am no bomb expert.

Actually the first airdropped bomb was used in austria in 1849.

Actually quebec wanted canada to be like america where all the states could make their own laws, but canada is a federalist system and most laws are made by the feds their not prov. legislature historically anyways.

Looking back on history, I don't remember america really caring what others thought of us taking more land. Too bad for mexico or canada, what is the world going to do if we invade them, nothing!

A cannon ball does not form a chemical reaction and they do not explode. You watch way to many movies.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:43 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Why would the US even remotely entertain the idea of "absorbing" the 3rd world country of Mexico?
Mexico might look more and more attractive with all those sweet crude oil reserves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration