U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 11:21 AM

6,550 posts, read 12,640,357 times

Advertisements

The second it is determined that a person is here illegally thier only right is to be returned to thier country of origin as far as I'm concerned. They can assemble all they want in protest, but when the cop comes around and asks for thier I.D. or Green Card they better be able to produce it. It's sad really that an illegal alien feels empowered enough to publicly protest and basically stand up and say, "I'm here illegally!!!!" with no fear of being shipped back.... Really says something about our immigration enforcement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2007, 07:29 PM

1,663 posts, read 2,220,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
It seems like they have more rights then the Citizens of this country.
AND if Bush and his followers in the Senate have their way...they'll have even more rights. I really feel sorry for those who are waiting their turn in line to come to this Country the right way...LEGALLY...imagine how upset they must be!

Old 05-30-2007, 09:58 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 8,578,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaneyland View Post
They certainly have the right to return to their country of origin , unfortunately that will rarely happen . If one is here illegally, I fail to see how they can do anything legally while their mere presence is an illegal act. Sadly, an illegal is still protected by the Constitution even though their physical presence in the USA is an illegal act itself. Rather depressing, isn't it?
I could NOT have said it better myself!!! Kudos and a rep. point for you, sir

Old 05-30-2007, 10:04 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,248,480 times
they should have no rights, they dont belong here. They are still human beings and brothers in Christ and they should be treated like family until they cant, but they came here illegally, then we should not be concerned with "their rights"

Last edited by DocGSD; 05-30-2007 at 10:06 PM.. Reason: i want too

Old 05-30-2007, 10:07 PM

3,585 posts, read 9,033,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post
I don't think they have a legal right, but it comes down to practical application so they usually get away with it.

Since "looking Mexican" doesn't always equal "illegal immigrant", the local police don't really know (although they may suspect) who is an illegal at a rally (and there really isn't much legal weight to "participating in a protest chant"). The extra time needed to detain people, check documents, etc isn't feasible on such a large scale.

We are all used to protesters getting arrested en mass, but that is usually because the police say "disperse" and they don't (PS they also drop the charges the next day in virtually every case). "Ordered to disperse and didn't" is far easier to prove than immigration status.

I think the "throwing it in your face" aspect of rallies is what gets people the most upset, and undermines whatever sympathy had previously been built up.
I think I heard someone mention that a court ruling somewhere has ruled that it is illegal to perform id checks in these protest because it would require checking the documentation of citizens without reasonable cause. There can be no individual suspicion because of race or even because they are attending such a rally so unless you are able to ensure that every person in attendance is checked you are illegally singleing people out.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:22 PM

985 posts, read 2,509,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
I think I heard someone mention that a court ruling somewhere has ruled that it is illegal to perform id checks in these protest because it would require checking the documentation of citizens without reasonable cause. There can be no individual suspicion because of race or even because they are attending such a rally so unless you are able to ensure that every person in attendance is checked you are illegally singleing people out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post
when the cop comes around and asks for thier I.D. or Green Card they better be able to produce it. It's sad really that an illegal alien feels empowered enough to publicly protest and basically stand up and say, "I'm here illegally!!!!" with no fear of being shipped back.... Really says something about our immigration enforcement.
I don't know the exact procedure (I worked for city PD in California, not Border Patrol) but I do know that Border Patrol would "work" certain areas known to have lots of illegal immigrants (agriculture areas, etc) and can detain "suspected people" and force them to prove legal status. Same principle as that "Immigration Checkpoint" a lot of us have been through on I-5 north of San Diego.

They did these random detainments as far north as Stockton (about 40 miles south of Sacramento). The point I made in my 1st post was that while it is possible for 5 officers to detain 2 people (and keep that up all day long) when you have a rally of 5,000 it is a little difficult to do that with even 300 officers... even if a riot doesn't break out (and detaining people might do that and endanger bystanders).

Old 05-30-2007, 10:23 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 8,578,955 times
Angry It makes me and other people sick to watch what unfolds......

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmac View Post
AND if Bush and his followers in the Senate have their way...they'll have even more rights. I really feel sorry for those who are waiting their turn in line to come to this Country the right way...LEGALLY...imagine how upset they must be!
Yes, I was one of them, and boy, am I pissed about this whole thing!!!
I think at times, I get more upset about it then some native, legal americans here.......lol.
I just get frustrated so much, about the fact that I never, ever got anything for nothing, nor did I ever expect anything. Why? Because I choose to come here,(legally) nobody made me.
I get upset, when I look around here and see the US government desert their own people (GI's, kids, seniors etc.), neglect to adress and solve own problems right here.
Keep on taking SS$, kid care $, and sad thing is, our soldiers can't even give you an answer, on WHY they are in Iraq, Afgahnistan, and fighting for.......WHAT????
Trust me, I have plenty of friends and family in the service, and yes, the "official" response from them is the same (keeping control, provide security to the Iraqi people...etc.) The own personal opinion, however, looks all to different!!!
This country is going to hell.....FAST, and people know it. Unless, the dumb a** polititions get off of their fat behinds, and stop this country getting bled dry by all the parasites....like illegal immigrants, for example.
We do NEED the resources for our OWN people here, right now, and not to cater to other people, nothing more then criminals in my eyes (violating 4 laws by just being here illegal...state, federal, immigration laws and now proposed city ordinances)
It just makes me sick, of what is going on right now here in this country.....
The legal people here, don't want it, and certainly don't deserve it.....
And, yes, I do see it as a form of invasion, no matter how people want to phrase it. (Look it up in the history books...they called it an invasion back then, so why would it be called different now???)

Old 05-31-2007, 02:52 PM

658 posts, read 2,190,797 times
no they shouldnt theres a reason why there called illegal until they take the test and get there certificate they should all be rounded up and brought back to where they came from

Old 06-01-2007, 01:07 AM

1,497 posts, read 4,383,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
I was just reviewing some of the recent events regarding the demonstrations, and rallies. Does the law provide people in this country illegaly with the right to demonstrate?

If not, should they not be arrested for gathering without the right?
The far left wing liberals will say illegals are under the jurisdiction of the UNited States, therefore have the "Equal Protection Under Law" clause of the 14th Ammendment.

That is basically a LOAD of crap.... every attorney going to law school knows that but they act like the illegals SHOULD have the right (somehow) and that is why no immigration law is ever enforced. It is a joke.

Actually, illegals have a "benefit" of free healthcare, free schools (under a then-liberal controlled US Supreme Court ruling), and free welfare, and etc. All programs subsedized by imbecils in Congress who fund the programs.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:17 AM

1,497 posts, read 4,383,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsd353 View Post
they should have no rights, they dont belong here. They are still human beings and brothers in Christ and they should be treated like family until they cant, but they came here illegally, then we should not be concerned with "their rights"
Yes, immigrants both legal and illegal should NOT be oppressed or denied justice.....That is a Biblical principle which started in Deutoreonomy.

BUT is it justice to protect the guilty of a crime (crossing an international boarder, forgery of US documents, ID theft, tax evasion, etc?? Isn't the law to be respected?

Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you.

Romans 13: 1-3.

So really, illegal aliens are NOT respecting the law, are not obeying the authorities.... they defy and do wrong and DEMAND amnesty. That is against The BIble! How is it just to legal aliens who waited for years to move to the US legally to have lawbreakers get in front of them??

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmac View Post
Bush is a traitor by supporting amnesty. I used to support Bush but I think he should be charged with failing to nefore the Consitutional mandate to protect the USA from invasion (and isn't 20 million people getting through a boarder ILLEGALLY invasion???):

US Consitution, Article IV, Section. 4.

"The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened), against domestic Violence."

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_firefly View Post
no they shouldnt theres a reason why there called illegal until they take the test and get there certificate they should all be rounded up and brought back to where they came from
I think the smartest way to get these people OUT of the USA is attrition... remove ALL government and public benefit JAIL employer who hire illegals, demand to see legal status before illegals can open companies.... seriously, the illegals will leave on their own and at their own expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or