U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 08:36 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,156,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
Really, so if you had an unmarried daughter, and she had a Mexican boyfriend, say, Jose Aguilar, you would have no problem?

We did one thing here, we showed that you are not a Westerner.

You may be truthful or not, but, you are an easterner.

Immigration issues are federal, local police have no jurisdiction.
As I said, I am not prejudiced against anyone legally in our country who puts this country first. I live in Calif. now but I was born in Michigan. I have lived in Calif. for decades now.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:39 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,080,559 times
With the deepening recession: more and more Americans (of any race/ethnicity) are looking at illegal aliens as the criminals as they are. And; quite frankly, said hostility is also being directed towards known Anchor Babies.

You shouldn't make death threats though. It's not okay to tell people to watch out for their lives. You shouldn't advocate violence against people. This is not in touch with reality.

About the only thing keeping people from rioting in the streets is the extension of unemployment benefits. Once those run out..............

No. You do know that temp work and part time work is up...a leading indicator on job growth (meaning that initially these jobs go up first then full time jobs). So again your claim isn't based on facts. Temp employment edges up - Handling Hard Times : The Orange County Register

I initially heard it on NPR, but a Google search found this.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:31 PM

2,014 posts, read 4,722,863 times
Quote:
As I said, I am not prejudiced against anyone legally in our country who puts this country first. I live in Calif. now but I was born in Michigan. I have lived in Calif. for decades now.
Californians have since shortly after the conquest considered the Mexicans a lessor race. The old joke is, how does a Mexican become Spanish, when your daughter begins dating him.

Even today, the great majority of Mexican Anglo alliances occur among the poor. The middle class in California still has a problem with their daughters dating people of Mexican descent. I am guessing, that unless you are one of those "liberals" (and you do not sound like a liberal) that in actuality you would indeed have a great problem.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:49 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,156,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
Californians have since shortly after the conquest considered the Mexicans a lessor race. The old joke is, how does a Mexican become Spanish, when your daughter begins dating him.

Even today, the great majority of Mexican Anglo alliances occur among the poor. The middle class in California still has a problem with their daughters dating people of Mexican descent. I am guessing, that unless you are one of those "liberals" (and you do not sound like a liberal) that in actuality you would indeed have a great problem.
One doesn't have to be a liberal to not hold prejudices.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:26 AM
Yac

5,875 posts, read 6,296,447 times
Judging by the amount of off topic bashing, this thread has lived long enough.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or