U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 10:21 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Words have meaning...thats why is wrote Near impossible. If you wish not to debate, simple don't answer back.
I asked in hypothetical form to bring an edge to those who consistently claim negatives of mass deportation. It was to be of your advantage. And have found due to circular thinking as well as continuous sidetrack distraction that you can't supply a viable answer. Regarding debate, I asked hypothetical not be the debate by steering off topic.

Straight forward, how will it affect negatively:

Businesses?
Housing?
Social Programs?
Community?

Again, Anyone?

Old 02-08-2010, 03:19 AM

257 posts, read 302,584 times
If all illegal aliens left today, California would be a ghost town.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:38 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
Quote:
Could you please show or cite one study on the hositals closed since 2000 because of cost burdens due to illegal alien treatment.

What it matters, is that the discussion is The impact of immigrants all leaving. To discuss that question in an inteligent manor, one must asses the cost vs. benifit of immigrants being here. The rest is self explanatory.

The theory of mass deportation is illogical and logistically near imposible.
Los Angeles Emergency Care Crisis Deepens - NYTimes.com

SNIP:
Quote:
LOS ANGELES, Aug. 20 - A crisis in Los Angeles County's emergency health care system became more acute this week with the announcement that the oldest hospital in the San Fernando Valley would close by Dec. 31, officials said here Friday.

News of the closing of the institution, the Northridge Hospital Medical Center campus in the Van Nuys section, which opened in 1929, follows by a week the closing of the emergency room at Elastar Community Hospital in the East Los Angeles neighborhood.

In the last two years, four other emergency rooms, most in low-income areas, have closed in the county, primarily because of the high cost of treating thousands of uninsured people, officials said.

"We're mandated to treat anyone who comes in through those doors, regardless of their ability to pay," Tracey Veal, a spokeswoman for the Northridge hospital, said.

Ms. Veal estimated that the hospital had spent $13 million on so-called charity care in the fiscal year that ended on June 30.
While the article doesn't come right out and say that the thousands of uninsured are illegal immigrants, if you know the areas of California at all, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out exactly which "uninsured" they're talking about.

BTW, mass deporation is unnecessary. Cut the heads off the hydra and the body will die. No more freebies and jobs, no more illegal aliens. Self deportation through attrition. It so easy, even a caveman could do it.

Last edited by Kele; 02-08-2010 at 06:37 AM.. Reason: Clarification

Old 02-08-2010, 08:14 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
"It so easy, even a caveman could do it."

Now that was funny, Kele. Thanks for the laugh and helping to keep it light but real.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Could you please show or cite one study on the hositals closed since 2000 because of cost burdens due to illegal alien treatment.

What does any of that really matter in the grand scheme of things anyway? We have immigration laws and they have no right to be here and should be deported.

What it matters, is that the discussion is The impact of immigrants all leaving. To discuss that question in an inteligent manor, one must asses the cost vs. benifit of immigrants being here. The rest is self explanatory.

The theory of mass deportation is illogical and logistically near imposible.
Many stats have already been provided in this forum that the costs far outweigh any so-called benefits. I don't think many of us are advocating mass deportations but self-deportations through e-verify and denying other tax payers benefits to those in our country illegally.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:38 AM

2,930 posts, read 6,027,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
So you're saying you have no proof of this hypotheical being any other than a positive? I've seen proof to prove it so. Maybe someone else can, anyone?
Funny how you don't need proof when the posts agree with your point of view. Do you really expect a dissertation on an impossible scenario?

C'mon this is the illegal immigration board where most of the stats are quoted from bogus chain emails and anti-immigration sites with an agenda. You guys don't seem to have any issues with those? Do you? All I see is Great Post, Awesome post... and those are the decent posts that don't talk about shooting people like animals on the border or making negative posts about hispanics in general regardless of their immigration status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
I agree about the positives of them leaving, yet want to hear the negatives of them leaving. Anyone? Now's the chance for many opposing mass deportation to tell us why? I have read that deportation would cost too much. Compare it to the savings from the drain of them being here. There are many out there on a calculative basis smarter than me so I'm sincerely looking for a valid answer.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:42 AM

Quote the PR:

"I never said they wouldn't be filled, but it would take time to fill them and to teach the skill, no matter how simple.'

"Employers would pass along the loss to consumers."

"I said overall for all products overall (the change in cost) and the change in cost for a head of lettuce (because that is the example you chose)."

I had previously addressed these remarks so I don't understand your comeback here. Let me repeat again what I said.

Many of these American employees had already been trained on these jobs but lost them to an illegal alien so there wouldn't be much training involved. These are all blue collar jobs so just how much training would be involved anyway? Simple skills don't take long to learn. It's not like all employer's entire workforces are going to be wiped out. I don't see anything that would warrant some huge increase in costs to the consumer.

As for agricultural jobs a farmer can get legal immigrants to do them. That is another job that doesn't require a lot of skill. As I said, they only hired illegal aliens to gain more profits anyway and they pocketed the profits rather than passing the savings on to the consumer. No one is going to pay 5 bucks for a head of lettuce anyway and the farmers know that.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:42 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Funny how you don't need proof when the posts agree with your point of view. Do you really expect a dissertation on an impossible scenario?

C'mon this is the illegal immigration board where most of the stats are quoted from bogus chain emails and anti-immigration sites with an agenda. You guys don't seem to have any issues with those? Do you? All I see is Great Post, Awesome post... and those are the decent posts that don't talk about shooting people like animals on the border or making negative posts about hispanics in general regardless of their immigration status.
Again, no one can answer my question...keep trying!

Old 02-08-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post

It may be true that some of the stats provided are from anti-illegal immigration sites but I have seen numerous ones from government and other viables sources also. Couldn't the same be said for the pro-illegal sites cited in here defending illegal immigration?

If our military decided to go down to the border and say "stop or we'll shoot" I don't equate that to shooting people like animals. I hope it doesn't come to that but desperate situations call for desperate measures sometimes. After all there are drug cartels, criminals and possible terrorists entering also. Is shooting an intruder in your house to protect your family akin to shooting them like an animal? I don't think so. It is self-preservation.

As for the negative remarks about Hispanics in general in here I have said myself that I don't have a problem with the legal, loyal and law abiding ones. I of course oppose any that are here illegally and that would include their aiders, abettors and apologists. Is that a bad thing?

Old 02-08-2010, 09:41 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It may be true that some of the stats provided are from anti-illegal immigration sites but I have seen numerous ones from government and other viables sources also. Couldn't the same be said for the pro-illegal sites cited in here defending illegal immigration?

If our military decided to go down to the border and say "stop or we'll shoot" I don't equate that to shooting people like animals. I hope it doesn't come to that but desperate situations call for desperate measures sometimes. After all there are drug cartels, criminals and possible terrorists entering also. Is shooting an intruder in your house to protect your family akin to shooting them like an animal? I don't think so. It is self-preservation.

As for the negative remarks about Hispanics in general in here I have said myself that I don't have a problem with the legal, loyal and law abiding ones. I of course oppose any that are here illegally and that would include their aiders, abettors and apologists. Is that a bad thing?
None of what you said is a bad thing.. What is a bad thing is when people try to justify why a criminal any criminal breaks the law.
How many murder trials have the defence attorneys either attacked the victim or try to mitigate the crime by trying to make the criminal look like a victim ? Joe White molested those boys, but its not his fault. As a youth Joe suffered at the hands of his priest and then again by his step father blah blah. Isn't this what many pro-illegals seek to do? They try to mitigate the crimes illegals commit. Its really the USA's fault because our VISA process is unfair. Its really the USA's fault because the USA doesn't do enough about the poverty in Mexico. There are valid points to this. When we support a very corrupt gov and in turn said gov makes life difficult for its citizens we allow ourselves to become at the very least silent partners. However that does not excuse the crimes and or mistakes of the illegals. It does explain some of the motivation and the entitlment mentality...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or