U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 11:03 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
None of what you said is a bad thing.. What is a bad thing is when people try to justify why a criminal any criminal breaks the law.
How many murder trials have the defence attorneys either attacked the victim or try to mitigate the crime by trying to make the criminal look like a victim ? Joe White molested those boys, but its not his fault. As a youth Joe suffered at the hands of his priest and then again by his step father blah blah. Isn't this what many pro-illegals seek to do? They try to mitigate the crimes illegals commit. Its really the USA's fault because our VISA process is unfair. Its really the USA's fault because the USA doesn't do enough about the poverty in Mexico. There are valid points to this. When we support a very corrupt gov and in turn said gov makes life difficult for its citizens we allow ourselves to become at the very least silent partners. However that does not excuse the crimes and or mistakes of the illegals. It does explain some of the motivation and the entitlment mentality...

Especially when it is the innocent tax paying Citizen that is really getting screwed in the long run by the hand shake of illegal business and our govt that does nothing to secure our borders.We aren't hiring them nor do we want them here. I can't think of one person that wouldn't be ok paying less tax? That's what would happen if "POOF" all illegals disappeared.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:24 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,136,339 times
I think we could do a public option for health reform that the taxpayers would not go bankrupt providing.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:32 AM

5,891 posts, read 12,252,279 times
As a negative effect, the housing crisis would suddenly become 10 times worse. You'd have millions of suddenly vacant homes and it'd cause alot of neighborhoods to be basically abandoned and alot of decay and alot of increased crime would result, not to mention billions in lost property taxes, sales taxes, unclaimed income taxes, social security, medicare, etc.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:14 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
As a negative effect, the housing crisis would suddenly become 10 times worse. You'd have millions of suddenly vacant homes and it'd cause alot of neighborhoods to be basically abandoned and alot of decay and alot of increased crime would result, not to mention billions in lost property taxes, sales taxes, unclaimed income taxes, social security, medicare, etc.
Somehow I doubt that.

Illegal aliens by law shouldn't be purchasing homes in this country. Now we all know it happens, but the figures have shown that they generally don't stick around long enough to pay off the mortgages.

If neighborhoods are abandoned, perhaps they will revert to those citizens who called them home BEFORE the influx of illegals. I think we'd see a marked DECREASE in crime rates.

As for rest of it...property taxes, (can't legally own a home? shouldn't be paying property taxes anyway) sales taxes, (big whup...can be made up by the private sector once jobs like construction become available to American citizens again) unclaimed income taxes, (illegal aliens don't file income tax returns) Social Security (off of stolen I.D.s?) and medicare (bye-bye anchor babies, hello surplus) I'm sure it will all work out for the betterment of America's citizens, legal immigrants, and green card holders.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:42 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Oh well.

As I have stated in the past: if the USA needs illegal aliens to survive---------we deserve to die as a nation siince we are clearly that inept (sarcasm).

Old 02-09-2010, 10:56 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times
Quote:
So you've just described what illegal alien invasion has already contributed to...

I'm willing to try it without their help.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Illegal aliens by law shouldn't be purchasing homes in this country. Now we all know it happens, but the figures have shown that they generally don't stick around long enough to pay off the mortgages.
It wouldn't matter if the mortgage was completely paid off or not. All the people living in those homes would be gone so all those homes would go into foreclosure. It'd probably put the banks back into bankruptcy mode because they'd suddenly have tons more defaulted loans. Plus in alot of areas you'd suddenly have a huge oversupply of houses and nobody to live in them. House prices would inevitably plummet much further than they already have.

Quote:
If neighborhoods are abandoned, perhaps they will revert to those citizens who called them home BEFORE the influx of illegals. I think we'd see a marked DECREASE in crime rates.
Perhaps, but I can guarantee you there wouldn't be enough citizens to fill up the housing left by 12-18 million people. There would be a massive surplus no matter which way you look at it.

Quote:
As for rest of it...property taxes, (can't legally own a home? shouldn't be paying property taxes anyway)
yeah, but they are and it is money the city/county needs to provide services to residents.

Quote:
sales taxes, (big whup...can be made up by the private sector once jobs like construction become available to American citizens again)
Maybe eventually but that would take a long time to make up...and would it be enough to make up 12-18 million people's spending? Doubtful.

Quote:
unclaimed income taxes, (illegal aliens don't file income tax returns)
Social Security (off of stolen I.D.s?) and medicare (bye-bye anchor babies, hello surplus) I'm sure it will all work out for the betterment of America's citizens, legal immigrants, and green card holders.
Every time an illegal immigrant receives a paycheck from their company they get deducted for federal taxes, state and local taxes if they apply and social security and medicare. It makes no difference that they don't file a tax return. This amounts to be a massive sum of money when multiplied by however many millions of illegal immigrants that are working under false identities.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:51 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times
Quote:
It wouldn't matter if the mortgage was completely paid off or not. All the people living in those homes would be gone so all those homes would go into foreclosure. It'd probably put the banks back into bankruptcy mode because they'd suddenly have tons more defaulted loans. Plus in alot of areas you'd suddenly have a huge oversupply of houses and nobody to live in them. House prices would inevitably plummet much further than they already have.
Or.....that greedy landlord who is charging hordes of illegals living under one roof will have to accept a legal one family rent, you know, to slow down the greed. I am sure many would love to rent a house versus apartment. You really think landlords are renting with options to buy to illegals? I doubt it so it would again be a possibility for an American to do so.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:01 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,070,242 times
agreed.

i think people think it would be a smooth transition. it wouldnt.

south central has a lot of suspected illegals. as do many low economic areas of los angeles. who is really going to fill that void? yuppies and hipsters can only handle an area like east LA for so long. they then move to the next gentrifiable area.

a mass exodus would greatly hurt many neglected communitites and further deplete the resources in lower economic areas. (lets not forget that sales tax in LA/CA is pretty much 10 percent). it would blight the community. whole sections of LA would look like Detroit. it would take a long time to recover.

i live in an "economically depressed area" i carve my slice of heaven here. to see a bunch of hard working people leave, thats ludicrous.

someone earlier said that there would be less gangs. not here. we still got plenty of gangs. gangs that have been part of the community for generations and generations.

if you want the thugs and rapists and murderers [who HAPPEN to be illegal] to leave. im with that. a mass exodus of all illegals. that would further devestate my community.

not with it.

there are better options than a mass exodus.

Quote:

Perhaps, but I can guarantee you there wouldn't be enough citizens to fill up the housing left by 12-18 million people. There would be a massive surplus no matter which way you look at it.

yeah, but they are and it is money the city/county needs to provide services to residents.

Maybe eventually but that would take a long time to make up...and would it be enough to make up 12-18 million people's spending? Doubtful.

Every time an illegal immigrant receives a paycheck from their company they get deducted for federal taxes, state and local taxes if they apply and social security and medicare. It makes no difference that they don't file a tax return. This amounts to be a massive sum of money when multiplied by however many millions of illegal immigrants that are working under false identities.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Or.....that greedy landlord who is charging hordes of illegals living under one roof will have to accept a legal one family rent, you know, to slow down the greed. I am sure many would love to rent a house versus apartment. You really think landlords are renting with options to buy to illegals? I doubt it so it would again be a possibility for an American to do so.
On a case by case basis yeah, but when this suddenly happens in 4-5 million homes the macro effect would be catastrophic. Anyone with any kind of knowledge in economics would realize this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or