U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-09-2010, 01:09 PM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,137,548 times
Reputation: 453

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
On a case by case basis yeah, but when this suddenly happens in 4-5 million homes the macro effect would be catastrophic. Anyone with any kind of knowledge in economics would realize this.
I really don't have much knowledge regarding economics, first to admit, hence the reason this thread was started, really. My questions are genuine. My point is, it is already catastrophic due to their "help" so let's just get all the mess done with and start fresh forcing everyone to do it legally as was intended before all this nonsense. By self-deportation or forced which in my view will not be all immediately, we should be able to turn this economy around by having more funds available that illegals are not taking to help those who is greatly affected.

I won't deny there would be a temporary dislocation but also believe it would be better in the long run.

Last edited by getout; 02-09-2010 at 01:39 PM..

 
Old 02-09-2010, 01:26 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
On a case by case basis yeah, but when this suddenly happens in 4-5 million homes the macro effect would be catastrophic. Anyone with any kind of knowledge in economics would realize this.
I find it very hard to believe that 12 million illegal aliens have/had a ca. 35% home ownership rate-------maybe 5-10% at the most.
 
Old 02-09-2010, 01:35 PM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
5,891 posts, read 12,249,807 times
Reputation: 2520
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I find it very hard to believe that 12 million illegal aliens have/had a ca. 35% home ownership rate-------maybe 5-10% at the most.
You may be right on that. But you have to realize that the other 90-95% are then renting, so you'd suddenly have 600,000-1,000,000 or so foreclosures and 10.4-11 million less renters. How many of those renters wouldn't be able to find other renters since there would be a massive surplus of rentals? Tons of those homes would likely also go into foreclosure and the rental market would be a disaster for many years.
 
Old 02-09-2010, 01:40 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
getout,

Amazing that so many Americans keep justifying and excusing the presence of illegal aliens here and the corruptness that goes with it for profits, isn't it? What happened to respect for the rule of law and for one's fellow Americans and our country? In the long run we woud be far better off without these hordes of illegals and our self-respect would be back as a nation of laws.
 
Old 02-09-2010, 01:43 PM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,137,548 times
Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
You may be right on that. But you have to realize that the other 90-95% are then renting, so you'd suddenly have 600,000-1,000,000 or so foreclosures and 10.4-11 million less renters. How many of those renters wouldn't be able to find other renters since there would be a massive surplus of rentals? Tons of those homes would likely also go into foreclosure and the rental market would be a disaster for many years.
This is the point I am trying to make. If said "owner" of this home is getting hundreds of dollars per illegal alien in an overcrowded house, (which seems to be the typical scenario according to Mina, the illegal alien I spoke with, that she was complaining about) they are making thier mortgages and then some, maybe even have paid off thier mortgage. So they will have to stop gaining an obscene amount on a rented house by accepting a reasonable amount from a one family unit, and scale down thier own inflated lifestyle.
 
Old 02-09-2010, 01:44 PM
 
Location: Maryland
2,653 posts, read 4,099,237 times
Reputation: 2320
You guys would stop driving by 7-11 picking them up to help with your home improvement projects. And, paying them whatever is in your pocket. You would need to pay Americans those crazy minimum wages. Go Figure!
 
Old 02-09-2010, 01:48 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
You guys would stop driving by 7-11 picking them up to help with your home improvement projects. And, paying them whatever is in your pocket. You would need to pay Americans those crazy minimum wages. Go Figure!
Most Americans do not do that. Let's not stereotype law abiding Americas in with the greedy, immoral ones.
 
Old 02-09-2010, 01:50 PM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,137,548 times
Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
You guys would stop driving by 7-11 picking them up to help with your home improvement projects. And, paying them whatever is in your pocket. You would need to pay Americans those crazy minimum wages. Go Figure!
For those people and businesses who've depended upon illegal labor, yes, they would be in a quandry, which would be well deserved.

Last edited by getout; 02-09-2010 at 01:59 PM..
 
Old 02-09-2010, 01:56 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,085,289 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Los Angeles Emergency Care Crisis Deepens - NYTimes.com

SNIP:

While the article doesn't come right out and say that the thousands of uninsured are illegal immigrants, if you know the areas of California at all, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out exactly which "uninsured" they're talking about.

BTW, mass deporation is unnecessary. Cut the heads off the hydra and the body will die. No more freebies and jobs, no more illegal aliens. Self deportation through attrition. It so easy, even a caveman could do it.
Just on more thing...The Emergency room shut down, not the entire hospital.

This is a list as of 2008 of Hospitals with level I and level II Trama Centers...

California Hospital Medical Center

Cedars-Sinai Medical Center

Children's Hospital of Los Angeles

Harbor UCLA Medical Center

Henry Mayo Newhall

Memorial Hospital

Huntington Memorial Hospital

LAC/USC Medical Center

Long Beach Memorial/Miller Children's Center

Northridge Hospital Medical Center

Providence Holy Cross Medical Center

St Francis Medical Center

Last edited by 1751texan; 02-09-2010 at 02:05 PM..
 
Old 02-09-2010, 01:57 PM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
5,891 posts, read 12,249,807 times
Reputation: 2520
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
getout,

Amazing that so many Americans keep justifying and excusing the presence of illegal aliens here and the corruptness that goes with it for profits, isn't it? What happened to respect for the rule of law and for one's fellow Americans and our country? In the long run we woud be far better off without these hordes of illegals and our self-respect would be back as a nation of laws.
I'm not at all suggesting that illegal immigrants are good and should stay here but I think it's amazing that people think we can just make them all suddenly leave and expect the country to be better off. The consequences on our already soft economy would be disastrous and any sensible economist would agree with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top