U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2010, 03:56 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZKay1 View Post
If all illegal aliens left today, California would be a ghost town.

No it would not, we still have a hefty population. It woudl just be better.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:00 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
We would be better off in the long run and that is what I have often stated. There would be no disaster to our economy since millions of Americans are unemployed right now and would take those jobs that the illegals vacate. They in turn would be paying all kinds of taxes into our system and buying homes. We cannot continue on this road of uncontrolled population growth due to illegal immigration and I have a problem with amnesting 4 times the number we did in 1986 when we were promised that was the last one. We don't even know how many of these "immigrants" are actually needed here and I think it unfair to those waiting to do it the right way to remain here. It will just encourage a future bigger problem down the road. We just have to say that enough is enough right now and get back to being a nation of laws and demanding that our immigration laws be respected. Short term losses (if any) will turn into long term gains.

I agree with you in every way, hey extremely good post, good statements to. But what you say is true.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:45 PM

4,028 posts, read 6,223,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
No it would not, we still have a hefty population. It woudl just be better.
Hate speech, everyone! Let's give this guy a round of applause for not hiding his bias or hate!

Old 02-09-2010, 04:52 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Hate speech, everyone! Let's give this guy a round of applause for not hiding his bias or hate!
Uh, he said we would be a lot better state without illegal aliens. How is that hate and/or bias?

Old 02-09-2010, 04:53 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
So; being against the presence of illegal aliens AKA criminals is 'hate speech'?

Old 02-09-2010, 05:04 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
I'm curious as to how his country would be afftected if all illegal aliens were to leave at the same time. Using dollars and sense (cents), can someone please give me examples? I seriously would like to know the answer if all were to up and leave at the same time. This is a serious question and knowing so many in here as detail oriented and very up on economics and politics (I am not), I will respect theories as well as proof. Just please be as honest as you can be without a lot of politcal rhetoric or history lessons. I just really want to know.

Thanks.
Whatever the total costs, the billions we are paying for illegal aliens could certainly be used for our veterans, seniors, homeless, healthcare, etc. They are an unnecessary burden. I would throw a huge party to celebrate their absence.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:05 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
It wouldn't matter if the mortgage was completely paid off or not. All the people living in those homes would be gone so all those homes would go into foreclosure. It'd probably put the banks back into bankruptcy mode because they'd suddenly have tons more defaulted loans. Plus in alot of areas you'd suddenly have a huge oversupply of houses and nobody to live in them. House prices would inevitably plummet much further than they already have.

Perhaps, but I can guarantee you there wouldn't be enough citizens to fill up the housing left by 12-18 million people. There would be a massive surplus no matter which way you look at it.

yeah, but they are and it is money the city/county needs to provide services to residents.

Maybe eventually but that would take a long time to make up...and would it be enough to make up 12-18 million people's spending? Doubtful.

Every time an illegal immigrant receives a paycheck from their company they get deducted for federal taxes, state and local taxes if they apply and social security and medicare. It makes no difference that they don't file a tax return. This amounts to be a massive sum of money when multiplied by however many millions of illegal immigrants that are working under false identities.
Laughable.

You don't think that illegal aliens have figured out that all they have to do is claim a large number of deductions to avoid income tax withholding? Only those who have stolen someone else's identity qualify to have income taxes withheld anyway. That takes a Social Security number....remember?

The housing excuse is a joke. With a nationwide unemployment rate of 10% plus, American citizens are being foreclosed on every day in this country thanks to corporate greediness and our government's sorry excuse for a bailout. You think that their losses are less devastating to the economy than the loss of a slew of rental clown houses and a handful of mortgages that any illegal immigrants have managed to acquire?

You're one sick puppy Slig.

Illegal aliens take far more out of the pocket of the American taxpayer than they contribute to this thriving economy you've imagined their illegal presence has created.

Anyway, it isn't as if they're all going to be raptured tomorrow. They'll trickle out of this country just the same way they've trickled in.

Deportation through atttrition...it's a wonderful thing.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:06 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
So this is because....why? Overcrowded status? Many pro-illegal aliens claim there is no such thing. Others scream poor treatment. She complained because her work visa expired, she did not leave and can only get under the table jobs and had to move, she'd have insurance on her car and would not have to keep hiding it and would have a drivers license (she told me she got her drivers license on the street and learned to drive by just doing it) PLUS she gets free health care, free education and SOCIAL SERVICE supplements as I helped carry her 42" screen TV to her car before I knew she was illegal. Now that's

Had she gone back to where she came from, she would be living with the two daughters she abandoned in Mexico, legally.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:14 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
there is no stats or math in this.
are we to simply beliive this without reliable sources?

just sounds like another half baked chain letter.

garbage post/"stats".
Chuckle, I guess it equals with all other suggested scenarios?

Old 02-09-2010, 06:36 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,070,242 times
the head slap was partly for your assumption that a landlord would get hundreds of dollars per illegal alien. in situations where multiple people live in home they do so to lessen the burden. so if an apt rents for 800 and there are 10 people crammed in there (as you guys believe) each one pays 80 bucks.

that aside. i think its funny how you think a land lord should suffer because the gov'ts inaction at the border. landlords rent to people. they are not the border patrol. and if they supplement their income with rental properties then that is their choice. unless its a managment company most people renting out those homes are not living opulent lifestyles. its ridiculous to rationalize the effects a mass exodus of illegals will have on landlords by saying, well maybe they need to "scale down thier own inflated lifestyle."

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
So this is because....why? Overcrowded status? Many pro-illegal aliens claim there is no such thing. Others scream poor treatment. She complained because her work visa expired, she did not leave and can only get under the table jobs and had to move, she'd have insurance on her car and would not have to keep hiding it and would have a drivers license (she told me she got her drivers license on the street and learned to drive by just doing it) PLUS she gets free health care, free education and SOCIAL SERVICE supplements as I helped carry her 42" screen TV to her car before I knew she was illegal. Now that's

Had she gone back to where she came from, she would be living with the two daughters she abandoned in Mexico, legally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or