Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 06:52 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,670 times

Advertisements

Well, my hobby pays I and others well then. I also believe that there is no job an American won't do but can't live off of the cheap labor pay bigger companies want to pay, that's why they love illegal aliens. They've gotten used to having the extra pocket cash and now they have to learn to live without it. Period. THAT'S a solution. End the greed, pay well and scale down, just like I did.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:58 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
While we are at it: knowingly hiring illegal aliens is a crime-----------and, said employers need to sit in jail.

You clearly do not believe in the Rule of Law. I do----------and, will do my part in nailing criminals-----------of which virtually all illegal aliens are.
Back off. You clearly have little knowledge of the situation. You even advocated rebellions if need be. Rule of law? Because in America you allowed to go and hunt down people? When people come back with facts that disprove your baseless ethnocentric rants your only retort is to claim to be more patriotic or that they will "rue the day". You have nothing. You don't show any evidence. All you have is an opinion. That's it. Nothing to base it on. You don't even know the variables and complexities of the state you write so much about.

Don't lecture or even proclaim to be above the law, when you have this odd fetish about exacting revenge on illegal immigrants for situations that are mostly perceived.

Last edited by that1guy; 02-25-2010 at 07:07 PM..

Old 02-25-2010, 07:01 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,520,371 times
Quote:
Your arguments are moot in light of so many Americans out of work and willing to accept so-called 'stoop work'------------just that farmers need to pay legal wages.
Growers don't pay the field workers. The contractors that do, abide by all laws in force, including minimum wage, right down to insuring wash stands, clean porta potti's with no tears in the screens, workman's comp, income tax with holding, SS withholding, to think that a $40billion dollar industry just in the state of California is some sort of criminal operation is not good thinking.

Quote:
Well, my hobby pays I and others well then. I also believe that there is no job an American won't do but can't live off of the cheap labor pay bigger companies want to pay, that's why they love illegal aliens. They've gotten used to having the extra pocket cash and now they have to learn to live without it. Period. THAT'S a solution. End the greed, pay well and scale down, just like I did.
Since you refused to state your crop, it is impossible to verify your claim that your hobby pays, some crops gross a thousand an acre, some gross 10,000 an acre some net, that is net, 25,000 an acre.
Some crops only make money because the feds support the crop.

Your statement about cheap labor and loving illegal workers does not indicate knowledge of AG or the Market, or economics.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:07 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,767,854 times
The market for illegal drugs would be greatly reduced.

The supply of illegal drugs would be reduced, as would the number of 'drug lords'.

Most of the thousands of criminal gangs in LA would disappear.

Drunk driving would be greatly reduced.

Our roads would be less crowded, and much less dangerous.

Rich people would have less household help...but would get over the 'loss' real quick.

Identity theft would plummet.

Our national parks would cease to be degraded by drug-growing operations.

The emergency rooms along the border, which have closed, could reopen.

Hospitals could charge less, since paying patients wouldn't be underwriting illegals' treatment, anymore.

California would become solvent, again.

The vast amounts of money sent back home to families of illegals would stay in OUR economy.

Americans could go back to doing "The Jobs Americans Will Not Do"

Our native-born underclass could get menial jobs, again...at living wages.

The wage structure for most Americans would rise to the level it was at, when the illegal influx began (adjusted for inflation).

The Midwest would go back to being Midwestern. The Crime problem that has suddenly appeared in tiny Midwestern towns would evaporate.

No illegals would be robbing/molesting/raping/murdering Americans, anymore.

California would instantly cease to be near the bottom in IQ.

It would be safe for Old Stock Americans to send their children to public schools in California...

Little things like that...

Old 02-25-2010, 07:23 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,286,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
The market for illegal drugs would be greatly reduced.

The supply of illegal drugs would be reduced (until someone else picked it up), as would the number of 'drug lords'.

Most of the thousands of criminal gangs in LA would disappear.

Drunk driving would be greatly reduced.

Our roads would be less crowded (by a few thousand), and much less dangerous.

Rich people would have less household help...but would get over the 'loss' real quick.

Identity theft would plummet.

Our national parks would cease to be degraded by drug-growing operations.

The emergency rooms along the border, which have closed, could (probably wouldn't) reopen.

Hospitals could (definitely wouldn't) charge less, since paying patients wouldn't be underwriting illegals' treatment, anymore.

California would (could, but still would have many problems) become solvent, again.

The vast amounts of money sent back home to families of illegals would stay in OUR economy.

Americans could go back to doing "The Jobs Americans Will Not Do"

Our native-born underclass could get menial jobs, again...at living wages. (eh, probably not)

The wage structure for most Americans would rise to the level it was at, when the illegal influx began (adjusted for inflation) (probably not as high).

The Midwest would go back to being Midwestern. The Crime problem that has suddenly appeared in tiny Midwestern towns would evaporate. (not)

No illegals would be robbing/molesting/raping/murdering Americans, anymore. (true, but they don't do it as much as you'd think)

California would instantly cease to be near the bottom in IQ.
(what the h**l?)

It would be safe for Old Stock Americans to send their children to public schools in California... (if it wasn't before, it's not the illegals)

Little things like that...
Bold = wrong

Red = partially wrong

Illegal immigrants usually don't commit crimes like robberies, drunk driving, etc. because of fear of being caught.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:32 PM

The illegals I know of, are hardworking church going people who work 6 days a week, 6 AM to 4PM in miserable conditions of heat or cold or fog or rain.

Quote:
It would be safe for Old Stock Americans to send their children to public schools in California.
I have three kids, all attended public school in CA, amazingly, they have no gun shot wounds no knife wounds. I pity the middle school kids in Littleton CO shot at by that illegal (well, wasn't he? NO? me bad)

Old Stock Americans is an old euphemism for "real Americans", white, northern European, leaving out the frogs or the squareheads. Use of that statement is telling as to the true opinions of the the person using it.

I have a great book, a history of our local area, it was written years ago by a now passed on woman. Throughout her book she compared the lifestyles and cleanliness of the "Colonial American Stock" to the "lessor" races, those she typified as dirty, smelly, unclean, the Japanese, the Chinese, the Portuguese, the Italians.

Interesting that terms that should have disappeared years ago are still held onto by some as are old prejudices, they just switch ethnic groups.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:46 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,314,848 times
Amazing that the pro-illegals spread that propaganda that many if not most Americans are opposed to illegal immigration and amnesty because of racism. Well, I guess since there is no argument against the rule of law you have to get creative, don't you?

Old 02-25-2010, 07:50 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Amazing that the pro-illegals spread that propaganda that many if not most Americans are opposed to illegal immigration and amnesty because of racism. Well, I guess since there is no argument against the rule of law you have to get creative, don't you?
What are you talking about? What is with the odd, yet still characterisitc, comments that pertain to nothing posting?

Old 02-25-2010, 07:55 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,314,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Clarks, my above remarks were in reply to your remarks below. I just forgot to quote you in mine.

"Interesting that terms that should have disappeared years ago are still held onto by some as are old prejudices, they just switch ethnic groups."

Old 02-25-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Got a daughter? Got no problem if she marries a Mexican?

Just curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration