U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 05:00 PM

6,571 posts, read 17,953,604 times

Advertisements

A mexican driving without a drivers license in the US. What for?. They do not have one in Mexico so why bother to have one in the US.

When living in Mexico City was riding with a friend when we were pulled over for carrying a motorcycle in the back of a PU truck. My friend did not have a drivers license ( I never questioned his having one). Anyway... the friend talked with the cop for a while and came back to me and requested a few pesos to give the cop and we were on our way. That was the norm from what I was told at that time.

This is the mentallity of the Mexicans from Mexico and the majority think that way...why bother.

Go to a driving school in Mexico...you got to be kidding me...they barely exist.

No flaming here...just a personal experience that may be standard in many places.

Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2010, 02:38 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
A mexican driving without a drivers license in the US. What for?. They do not have one in Mexico so why bother to have one in the US.

When living in Mexico City was riding with a friend when we were pulled over for carrying a motorcycle in the back of a PU truck. My friend did not have a drivers license ( I never questioned his having one). Anyway... the friend talked with the cop for a while and came back to me and requested a few pesos to give the cop and we were on our way. That was the norm from what I was told at that time.

This is the mentallity of the Mexicans from Mexico and the majority think that way...why bother.

Go to a driving school in Mexico...you got to be kidding me...they barely exist.

No flaming here...just a personal experience that may be standard in many places.

Steve
And yet another example of refusal to assimilate to American law. Criminal thinking, first they sneak in and then disregard all other laws. No surprise.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:37 PM

4,033 posts, read 8,249,926 times
What really pisses me off about this situation is that, had he been American, he would have gone to jail after the first offense. No wonder he kept breaking the law; he was allowed to. Amazing how when it is a "poor Mexican," even one who has already broken the law by entering this country illegally, nothing is done. He's killed someone and he probably won't do one day of jail time.

Old 02-15-2010, 05:45 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
What really pisses me off about this situation is that, had he been American, he would have gone to jail after the first offense. No wonder he kept breaking the law; he was allowed to. Amazing how when it is a "poor Mexican," even one who has already broken the law by entering this country illegally, nothing is done. He's killed someone and he probably won't do one day of jail time.
But but The USA has lots of drunk drivers too. Nobody wants them deported. Isn't that the standard excuse the pro-illegals use?
Or how about. Yeah but most illegals are not criminals.

Old 02-15-2010, 05:59 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,658,723 times
An illegal immigrant who drove away after hitting a toddler in a Salem parking lot has been sentenced to one year and five months in prison.
Juan Lopez-Perez pleaded guilty Thursday morning to failing to perform the duties of a driver in a crash.
Defense attorney Steven Walls said his client left the scene Nov. 24 because a crowd was gathering, he feared for his safety and he was in the country illegally.
Before his conviction, the district attorney’s office said Lopez-Perez told witnesses he knew he’d struck and killed a child and that he tried to hide his truck and attempted to leave when police found him on Maple Avenue in Salem.
Neither drugs nor alcohol contributed to the collision that killed his neighbor - 2-year-old Erika Rubi Meza.
Walls said the 31-year-old Lopez-Perez has been married for 16 years, has three children and no prior criminal record.

Illegal immigrant driver in hit-and-run that killed toddler gets 17-month prison term | KATU.com - Breaking News, Sports, Traffic and Weather - Portland, Oregon | Local & Regional

Old 02-15-2010, 06:09 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
An illegal immigrant who drove away after hitting a toddler in a Salem parking lot has been sentenced to one year and five months in prison.
Juan Lopez-Perez pleaded guilty Thursday morning to failing to perform the duties of a driver in a crash.
Defense attorney Steven Walls said his client left the scene Nov. 24 because a crowd was gathering, he feared for his safety and he was in the country illegally.
Before his conviction, the district attorney’s office said Lopez-Perez told witnesses he knew he’d struck and killed a child and that he tried to hide his truck and attempted to leave when police found him on Maple Avenue in Salem.
Neither drugs nor alcohol contributed to the collision that killed his neighbor - 2-year-old Erika Rubi Meza.
Walls said the 31-year-old Lopez-Perez has been married for 16 years, has three children and no prior criminal record.

Illegal immigrant driver in hit-and-run that killed toddler gets 17-month prison term | KATU.com - Breaking News, Sports, Traffic and Weather - Portland, Oregon | Local & Regional
What a nice guy. He is obviously an example of one of the many Honest, Hard working Illegals that infest this country.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:21 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,658,723 times
Inmates donate funds for girl's gravestone

Erika Rubi Meza's gravesite at Lee Mission Cemetery has been marked with flowers since she was killed in November.

But thanks to a donation from inmates at Oregon State Penitentiary, the plot soon will be marked with a proper gravestone.

Erika, 2, was killed when she was hit by a truck Nov. 24 in the parking lot of the Stoneridge Apartments on Sunnyview Road NE, just yards from the apartment where she lived.

The mother of the girl, Martha Meza, said she lost her job after her daughter's death and couldn't work.

Inmates donate funds for girl's gravestone | statesmanjournal.com | Statesman Journal

Old 02-16-2010, 12:33 PM

13,050 posts, read 21,163,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Personally, I want him doing time and a hell of a lot of it.
Deport him and he'll be back in a week.
As far as the other driver goes, he may have been high, but it is obvious from the article that the fact that he was turning into the hamburger place did not cause the accident. Driving hell bent for leather in a 40 mph zone caused the accident.
Not only that, the other driver is dead - not sure who wants to prosecute a corpse.

I personally wish the loser gets to rot in prison and never sees the light of day again.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:46 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Not only that, the other driver is dead - not sure who wants to prosecute a corpse.

I personally wish the loser gets to rot in prison and never sees the light of day again.
He treated that child like road kill. It’s unconscionable that they are giving him such a light sentence. However, I have a feeling some of the prisoners may exact a harsher sentence.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:49 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
He treated that child like road kill. It’s unconscionable that they are giving him such a light sentence. However, I have a feeling some of the prisoners may exact a harsher sentence.
They will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or