U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 23 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,467,286 times

Advertisements

It's unfortunate, but to think that Californians don't/didn't benefit from these people is absurd. The entire service, manufacturing and agriculture core in CA are made up mainly of illegals.

Blaming them for all of CA faults is ridiculous, people were loving life with the illegals here doing all the work when the economy was good. Now it is bad...and it is time to blame those folks.

Is it right for these expenditures? No. Were there warnings of this? Yes.

(Yup just looked, people are still getting their cars washed by illegals here in CA - hope you enjoy that $8 Full service wash)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 12:07 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
It's unfortunate, but to think that Californians don't benefit from these people is absurd. The entire service, manufacturing and agriculture core in CA are made up of illegals.

Blaming them for all of CA faults is ridiculous, people were loving life with the illegals here doing all the work when the economy was good. Now it is bad...and it is time to blame those folks.

Is it right? No. Were there warnings of this, yes.
The stats have already been provided in here as to what illegal aliens are costing Calif. in the way of social and other costs to our state. You then provide the dollar amount of net benefit for comparison. No one is blaming the illegals for all of Calif.'s woes but they are definately a contributing factor.

Bottom line is irregardless of costs vs benefits, they are here in violation of our immigration laws and that is unacceptable. If there truly is a need for immigrant labor in this state or any others then they must come legally, no exceptions.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The stats have already been provided in here as to what illegal aliens are costing Calif. in the way of social and other costs to our state. You then provide the dollar amount of net benefit for comparison. No one is blaming the illegals for all of Calif.'s woes but they are definately a contributing factor.

Bottom line is irregardless of costs vs benefits, they are here in violation of our immigration laws and that is unacceptable. If there truly is a need for immigrant labor in this state or any others then they must come legally, no exceptions.
Do you really think this would ever be reported on? By whom? But it is very easy to drive around and see who is doing the work.

Every time a Californian goes into a carwash they are more than likely paying for illegals, seems to me Californians enjoy a nice cheap carwash. This pattern can be repeated for: landscaping, produce, wine, roofing, restaurant food...it is the Californians that have benefited from these people, directly.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:18 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,137,548 times
Here's just one place that uses compiling data to put into black and white what it costs Americans nationally. Why can't others see this? Even Californias Governor is concerned:

Immigration Counters.com - Live Counters, News, Resources, Facts

Old 02-09-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Here's just one place that uses compiling data to put into black and white what it costs Americans nationally. Why can't others see this? Even Californias Governor is concerned:

Immigration Counters.com - Live Counters, News, Resources, Facts
But is there any data showing the net benefit of having illegals?

Let's take a car wash, if you had to pay 3 teenagers 8.00/hr plus tip how much would that car wash go up from using illegals?
How much of that savings is benefited by each person getting a carwash compared to the individual payout of tax monies to illegals.

Whats the ratio?

Old 02-09-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Do you really think this would ever be reported on? By whom? But it is very easy to drive around and see who is doing the work.

Every time a Californian goes into a carwash they are more than likely paying for illegals, seems to me Californians enjoy a nice cheap carwash. This pattern can be repeated for: landscaping, produce, wine, roofing, restaurant food...it is the Californians that have benefited from these people, directly.
It's more like if they want a carwash, etc., they have to use one run by illegals because it is so rampant in your state.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
It's more like if they want a carwash, etc., they have to use one run by illegals because it is so rampant in your state.
So if given the choice:

1) Carwash $8 run by illegals
2) Carwash $16 run by legals

Advertise it, which carwash would get the most business? (I am not asking which one you would go to, but which do you think would do better)

Those who go for #1 are benefiting aren't they, as well as the owners.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
So if given the choice:

1) Carwash $8 run by illegals
2) Carwash $16 run by legals

Advertise it, which carwash would get the most business? (I am not asking which one you would go to, but which do you think would do better)

Those who go for #1 are benefiting aren't they, as well as the owners.
I think it a ridiculous comparison as I have only paid a few dollars for automated or made donations to hand wash organizations or wash my own. If illegal aliens were not here to compromise the balance, people will get used to paying prices if they afford it or change it. The pro-illegals use this point but fail to recognize the detriment of unfair marketing strategies on our economy.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
I think it a ridiculous comparison as I have only paid a few dollars for automated or made donations to hand wash organizations or wash my own. If illegal aliens were not here to compromise the balance, people will get used to paying prices if they afford it or change it. The pro-illegals use this point but fail to recognize the detriment of unfair marketing strategies on our economy.
And some fail to recognize the demand for it. Regardless, the people who use such services are IN FACT benefiting from it right now, yet we never see the $ amount of that benefit do we?

Old 02-09-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
And some fail to recognize the demand for it. Regardless, the people who use such services are IN FACT benefiting from it right now, yet we never see the $ amount of that benefit do we?
No doubt saving a few bucks? Sure, and even more when we do it ourselves.

Like I said, the imbalance is not good for this country, this is why we have laws against certain types of monopoly, it upsets fair marketing. I am not an economic buff in any sense but I do understand the only ones making money are those hiring illegal aliens, keeping wages down and not allowing a competitive market. This kills the economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or