U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,467,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
No doubt saving a few bucks? Sure, and even more when we do it ourselves.

Like I said, the imbalance is not good for this country, this is why we have laws against certain types of monopoly, it upsets fair marketing. I am not an economic buff in any sense but I do understand the only ones making money are those hiring illegal aliens, keeping wages down and not allowing a competitive market. This kills the economy.

It doesn't hurt that Newport Coast Bentley Owner that can save money to have his car fully detailed for $38. People ARE benefiting here there is just no figure to put on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 01:01 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Do you really think this would ever be reported on? By whom? But it is very easy to drive around and see who is doing the work.

Every time a Californian goes into a carwash they are more than likely paying for illegals, seems to me Californians enjoy a nice cheap carwash. This pattern can be repeated for: landscaping, produce, wine, roofing, restaurant food...it is the Californians that have benefited from these people, directly.
If the proof isn't available then you can't make the claim that they are a net benefit. So driving around seeing illegal aliens that have taken American jobs proves their benefit to this country? No, the benefit is to the employer who hired them for cheap, illegal profit for THEMSELVES.

I'd rather pay more for any of my services (not that it would happen anyway) then to see millions of my fellow Americans being put out of work for this so-called cheap labor. How is it a benefit to them to get so-called cheap services if they don't even have a job to pay for these services?

Old 02-09-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
It doesn't hurt that Newport Coast Bentley Owner that can save money to have his car fully detailed for $38. People ARE benefiting here there is just no figure to put on it.
So you're ok with Bently owners and corrupt business owners making a profit on the backs of unemployed Amercans? I find this attitude despicable!

Old 02-09-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
If the proof isn't available then you can't make the claim that they are a net benefit. So driving around seeing illegal aliens that have taken American jobs proves their benefit to this country? No, the benefit is to the employer who hired them for cheap, illegal profit for THEMSELVES.

I'd rather pay more for any of my services (not that it would happen anyway) then to see millions of my fellow Americans being put out of work for this so-called cheap labor. How is it a benefit to them to get so-called cheap services if they don't even have a job to pay for these services?
You are arguing that many people in California are NOT benefiting monetarily from illegal labor? Only owners of the companies?

Old 02-09-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
So you're ok with Bently owners and corrupt business owners making a profit on the backs of unemployed Amercans? I find this attitude despicable!
Where did I say that? Point me to this ridiculous accusation.. (you just have to make this personal don't you?)

Old 02-09-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
So if given the choice:

1) Carwash $8 run by illegals
2) Carwash $16 run by legals

Advertise it, which carwash would get the most business? (I am not asking which one you would go to, but which do you think would do better)

Those who go for #1 are benefiting aren't they, as well as the owners.
That car wash is probably costing Americans at least 20 bucks when you factor in the extra taxes we are paying for these illegal's social costs. Thanks, I'll take the 16 dollar car wash instead. I also have morals and scruples which appears the pro-illegal crowd is missing.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
That car wash is probably costing Americans at least 20 bucks when you factor in the extra taxes we are paying for these illegal's social costs. Thanks, I'll take the 16 dollar car wash instead. I also have morals and scruples which appears the pro-illegal crowd is missing.

I see a lot of rich Orange County Republicans (antis) using those carwashes...

I wash my own car.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:12 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,137,548 times
Quote:
Like I said, saving a few bucks of individuals with costing Americans billions. I don't see the comparison as favorable to the majority.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:25 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,085,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How on earth can any country allow itself to be so outrageously abused by illegal aliens? This is only one state. Imagine the collective costs associated with illegal aliens and their US-born offspring. If we don’t end the manipulation of the 14th Amendment, we are destined to fail as a nation. By conferring citizenship to the offspring of illegal aliens, we are rewarding them for violating our laws; and, they will continue to come, because the benefits far outweigh the risks.

The Signal - Santa Clarita Valley News - Antonovich: 2009 welfare costs for children of illegal aliens top $500 million
There is a mistake made by the reporter and not picked up by you. the 570 million in welfare benifits to "anchor babies" is to American citizens; so the 1 billion figure in services going to "illegal alliens" is incorect.

Also, there is not a division as to what services and costs were provided for the mothers and what services and costs were for the child, so lumping the two costs together and claiming the're are going to "illegal alliens" is also not correct.

Thats OK, I didnt catch it on the first reading ether.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Where did I say that? Point me to this ridiculous accusation.. (you just have to make this personal don't you?)
You appear to support illegal immigration for profits from your posts. Is this an inappropriate question then? Why did you even bring up the Bently owners being happy with a cheap carwash then? Who cares about them? I didn't accuse you of anything. My remark was a question followed by a question mark. Questions aren't accusations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or