U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-09-2010, 04:52 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
There is a mistake made by the reporter and not picked up by you. the 570 million in welfare benifits to "anchor babies" is to American citizens; so the 1 billion figure in services going to "illegal alliens" is incorect.

Also, there is not a division as to what services and costs were provided for the mothers and what services and costs were for the child, so lumping the two costs together and claiming the're are going to "illegal alliens" is also not correct.

Thats OK, I didnt catch it on the first reading ether.
Nope, there is no mistake. Anchor babies, as well as their foreign-born siblings, are all the children of illegal aliens. Thus, the astronomical costs are a direct result of illegal immigration, and an unnecessary burden to the taxpayers of this country. You act as though these children sprouted from plants.

If illegal aliens choose to procreate like rabbits, they should be forced to pay. Iím glad to see that at least some states are refusing to offer tax-funded prenatal care.
Hopefully, they will soon prohibit ALL benefits to illegal alien parents. If they canít afford to support their children they should abstain, practice alternative sexual methods, or use an effective contraceptive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-09-2010, 04:56 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
You just made me laugh out loud. Please....it's obvious. I used the carwash scenario because those illegals are obvious and right out in the open. When you see just 1 person "proxying" English to the rest of the workers in Spanish...more than likely the "proxy" is legal and the rest are not.
So, can we assume simply because they speak Spanish they are illegal aliens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2010, 03:06 AM
Yac
 
5,874 posts, read 6,290,826 times
I'd like to ask everyone to stop nitpicking and actually try to discuss the topic. Sometimes I feel like there are only politicians posting here ....
Yac.
__________________
Forum Rules
City-Data.com homepage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2010, 08:57 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,085,289 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Nope, there is no mistake. Anchor babies, as well as their foreign-born siblings, are all the children of illegal aliens. Thus, the astronomical costs are a direct result of illegal immigration, and an unnecessary burden to the taxpayers of this country. You act as though these children sprouted from plants.

If illegal aliens choose to procreate like rabbits, they should be forced to pay. I’m glad to see that at least some states are refusing to offer tax-funded prenatal care.
Hopefully, they will soon prohibit ALL benefits to illegal alien parents. If they can’t afford to support their children they should abstain, practice alternative sexual methods, or use an effective contraceptive.

And you are dening the these children are american citrizens. and as citizens they are the recipients of the welfare.

Until you accept that these kids are legal citizens...no mater how they got here... you will never understand that they are intitiled to the same rights as you are...them the facts.

570 miliion walfare benifits is to Legal American Cititzens...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2010, 09:18 AM
 
156 posts, read 111,818 times
Reputation: 128
We know full well that the U.S. born children of illegals are U.S. citizens. We also know that the 14th amendment is being abused to all heck and back. It was never intended for this purpose. We also know that this is all unsustainable. Our government is broke. We are borrowing money from China to keep paying out these benefits. Hopefully, China won't call in their debts or we are all finished and the "benefits" ar gone. G O N E - GONE. For everyone.

Welfare benefits is temporary assistance for citizens who fall on hard times till they get on their feet. It shouldn't be a way of life for those who make a lifestyle choice. Choosing to have a large family is a lifestyle choice, just as having a smaller one is. The taxpayers in this nation which is already broke shouldn't continue to be forced to pay for the lifestyle choice of others to keep having children they are incapable of supporting, especially when these are foreign nationals in the country illegally. Soon the bottom is going to fall out for all of us and this will stop one way or the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2010, 01:31 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,085,289 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticat View Post
We know full well that the U.S. born children of illegals are U.S. citizens. We also know that the 14th amendment is being abused to all heck and back. It was never intended for this purpose. We also know that this is all unsustainable. Our government is broke. We are borrowing money from China to keep paying out these benefits. Hopefully, China won't call in their debts or we are all finished and the "benefits" ar gone. G O N E - GONE. For everyone.

Welfare benefits is temporary assistance for citizens who fall on hard times till they get on their feet. It shouldn't be a way of life for those who make a lifestyle choice. Choosing to have a large family is a lifestyle choice, just as having a smaller one is. The taxpayers in this nation which is already broke shouldn't continue to be forced to pay for the lifestyle choice of others to keep having children they are incapable of supporting, especially when these are foreign nationals in the country illegally. Soon the bottom is going to fall out for all of us and this will stop one way or the other.
As of Today, Children born on US soil are citizens; until a Constitutional amendment is ratified persuent to the Constitution, Their citizenship is protected by the 14th ammendment.

Im glad we agree...That the $570 million in welfare benifits went to citizens and not to "Illegal Immigarnts", as the OP contended.

Welfare is a separate issue not the topic of this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2010, 04:39 PM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,137,548 times
Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
As of Today, Children born on US soil are citizens; until a Constitutional amendment is ratified persuent to the Constitution, Their citizenship is protected by the 14th ammendment.

Im glad we agree...That the $570 million in welfare benifits went to citizens and not to "Illegal Immigarnts", as the OP contended.

Welfare is a separate issue not the topic of this thread.
Antonovich: 2009 Welfare Costs for Children of Illegal Aliens Top $500 Million

Fact is, the parents who are here illegally are getting the money and one has to ask why? Because they have an achor baby? Seems very wrong to me and we all ALSO know the 14'th loophole was written for Black Americans long ago and yes, it needs to be amended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2010, 05:26 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,085,289 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Antonovich: 2009 Welfare Costs for Children of Illegal Aliens Top $500 Million

Fact is, the parents who are here illegally are getting the money and one has to ask why? Because they have an achor baby? Seems very wrong to me and we all ALSO know the 14'th loophole was written for Black Americans long ago and yes, it needs to be amended.
yes thats right, the baby is a US citizen, and the State provides it's citizens with welfare. Since the baby doesnt have a bank account, the State trusts the mother with the money. So the mother goes to Walmart and buys the lil American some diapers, formula, and a tweety bird bottle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2010, 05:44 PM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,137,548 times
Reputation: 453
That's why the this needs to be amended. It's abused by criminally minded illegal aliens. Felons finding a loophole to abuse for their own gain which costs Americans billions. Taxpayers need to think about where and why their money is being recklessly spent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2010, 05:49 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
yes thats right, the baby is a US citizen, and the State provides it's citizens with welfare. Since the baby doesnt have a bank account, the State trusts the mother with the money. So the mother goes to Walmart and buys the lil American some diapers, formula, and a tweety bird bottle.
Then the (illegal alien) mother needs to be deported; she is a criminal. Needless to say: she will probably take her Anchor Baby with her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top