U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 08:30 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Then the (illegal alien) mother needs to be deported; she is a criminal. Needless to say: she will probably take her Anchor Baby with her.
That is what usually happens...But that wasn't the topic of this Thread. The topic for discussion was, as the OP contended, That $570 million dollars in welfare went to "Illegal Immigrants". As we see, the benifits went to American Citizens. So the initial premiss was incorect.

Deportation of women with with children that are American citizens was not the topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 08:56 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,285,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
You just made me laugh out loud. Please....it's obvious. I used the carwash scenario because those illegals are obvious and right out in the open. When you see just 1 person "proxying" English to the rest of the workers in Spanish...more than likely the "proxy" is legal and the rest are not.

Not true of all the fancy car washes in O.C. CALIF. My husband has clients that own a couple car washes in O.C. CA he is a white owner, he only hires legal workers. White, black, Mexican, they have got to be born in the Country, or he don't want any part of them. Also, he does not only have mexicans working for him, but blacks, whites, and Mexicans. But all born in this Country. I do my own car, better then any one can wash my car. I also detail cars on the side, and do pretty good, you would be surprise the people who want their car detail, and take time on the car rather then go to a car wash. I also with my family rebuild older mustangs, like the Mach 1 and we restore them, we are doing a yellow and black mach 1 right now, it is a 1970. It is sweet.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:11 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
That is what usually happens...But that wasn't the topic of this Thread. The topic for discussion was, as the OP contended, That $570 million dollars in welfare went to "Illegal Immigrants". As we see, the benifits went to American Citizens. So the initial premiss was incorect.

Deportation of women with with children that are American citizens was not the topic.
And to solve the problem; boot the illegal alien parents out of the USA so my post was clearly on topic.

Old 02-11-2010, 04:32 PM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Quote:

Actually, the title of the thread indicates that the subject is about the costs for children of illegals - and that is what is being discussed. No one is discussing whether or not the children are illegal; it's about their parents getting welfare money.

I hate to split hairs like this but that's the case here.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:17 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
And you are dening the these children are american citrizens. and as citizens they are the recipients of the welfare.

Until you accept that these kids are legal citizens...no mater how they got here... you will never understand that they are intitiled to the same rights as you are...them the facts.

570 miliion walfare benifits is to Legal American Cititzens...
Quote:
As of Today, Children born on US soil are citizens; until a Constitutional amendment is ratified persuent to the Constitution, Their citizenship is protected by the 14th ammendment.

Im glad we agree...That the $570 million in welfare benifits went to citizens and not to "Illegal Immigarnts", as the OP contended.

Welfare is a separate issue not the topic of this thread.
Quote:

The topic of the thread was easily understood by most Ė ď2009 Welfare Costs for Children of Illegal Aliens Top $500 Million.Ē Iím not sure why you are twisting my words, or why you have changed the title to, $570 million dollars in welfare went to "Illegal Immigrants". I guess itís easier to deflect than to debate the topic of the thread, which as DontH8Me accurately stated, is NOT the status of these children; rather, their costs to the taxpayers of this country.

The fact that these children were born on U.S. soil does not alter the status of their parents, nor is it a mitigating factor. Whether they are U.S. or foreign-born, we are still paying billions annually for the offspring of people who have no right to be here. They are, and shall remain, the children of illegal aliens. Itís just that simple.

Perhaps these funds could have been spent on the children of U.S. citizens, had our borders been secured and our laws enforced. How anyone can endorse such abuse is beyond my realm of comprehension.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:25 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,137,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The topic of the thread was easily understood by most Ė ď2009 Welfare Costs for Children of Illegal Aliens Top $500 Million.Ē Iím not sure why you are twisting my words, or why you have changed the title to, $570 million dollars in welfare went to "Illegal Immigrants". I guess itís easier to deflect than to debate the topic of the thread, which as DontH8Me accurately stated, is NOT the status of these children; rather, their costs to the taxpayers of this country.

The fact that these children were born on U.S. soil does not alter the status of their parents, nor is it a mitigating factor. Whether they are U.S. or foreign-born, we are still paying billions annually for the offspring of people who have no right to be here. They are, and shall remain, the children of illegal aliens. Itís just that simple.

Perhaps these funds could have been spent on the children of U.S. citizens, had our borders been secured and our laws enforced. How anyone can endorse such abuse is beyond my realm of comprehension.
Beyond your and millions of Americans as well. It started with officials, whether business or politicians (both) started cheap labor and now because it has become an infestation and a major problem in this country, they've been caught. America is tired of having our majority of money drained and given to undeserving criminals so as to line a few greedy pockets.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:03 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times
Ilegal aliens are not supposed to be here...

Children born to Illegal aliens are US citizens...

Children born to Illegal aliens are US citizens...and recieve social sevices...

Billions going to US Citzen children of Illegal Aliens...

This is all that maters...if you dont like the rest, change the laws.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:25 PM

3,730 posts, read 5,089,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Maybe California will need to be kicked in its (financial) balls to wake up. Needless to say: I am mystified as to why it has not turned on its massive numbers of illegal aliens.
The answer is really quite simple Bear, the majority of the citizens have, but the political power has not. California is a very liberal state dominated by far left Democrats. Latino/Hispanic voters vote Democratic, and almost all of them are pro illegal. The politicos know that if they take a strong anti illegal stance they will lose Latino votes.They also know that if given amnesty the new voters will vote Democratic, thus prolonging the incumbents time in office and increasing their power and influence. In the meantime, we citizens sit and fume in helpless frustration as we watch our state being destroyed socially, culturally, and financially by the the invaders. However, given Californias massive fiscal problems, there have been many spending cuts and social services programs cut back or eliminated. Even spendthrift California is waking up to reality and tightening spending belts. With the cuts and the bad economy, there is some evidence of illegals self deporting, but not in very large numbers, most of them are trying to hang on until things get better.

Old 02-15-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
The answer is really quite simple Bear, the majority of the citizens have, but the political power has not. California is a very liberal state dominated by far left Democrats. Latino/Hispanic voters vote Democratic, and almost all of them are pro illegal. The politicos know that if they take a strong anti illegal stance they will lose Latino votes.They also know that if given amnesty the new voters will vote Democratic, thus prolonging the incumbents time in office and increasing their power and influence. In the meantime, we citizens sit and fume in helpless frustration as we watch our state being destroyed socially, culturally, and financially by the the invaders. However, given Californias massive fiscal problems, there have been many spending cuts and social services programs cut back or eliminated. Even spendthrift California is waking up to reality and tightening spending belts. With the cuts and the bad economy, there is some evidence of illegals self deporting, but not in very large numbers, most of them are trying to hang on until things get better.
As I have opined on in the past: when California finally turns against its cancer AKA illegal aliens----------it will be sudden and savage.

Old 02-15-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:

Children born to Illegal aliens are US citizens...

Billions going to US Citzen children of Illegal Aliens...

This is all that maters...if you dont like the rest, change the laws.
And their illegal alien parents can still be deported----------which would remove most of the Anchors by default
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or