U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-09-2010, 07:17 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,823,428 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
what about illegals already vetted, but on visa overstays?

so we dont really know how his mother got into the country and what her life was like in MX tapachula. ive seen it happen. these little country folk come here only to see their kids corrupted.

this has more to do with gangs and the neighborhood and economics than with immigration.

dont get me worng, im glad this trash is caught and facing consequences, but i dont want to simplify this issue of gangs. this guy is who he is because he was in a gang. not because his mother was an illegal.
Why should we care how or why she is here? The fact is she is here illegally. If they don’t want their kids to be “corrupted” by the bad Americans, perhaps they should remain in Mexico. . . . where there is NO corruption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-09-2010, 07:20 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,157,849 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by open arm View Post
Most of us came from immigrants to begn with. The true Americans are the Native Americans. Imagine what it was like for them . So why do we have the right to so quickly judge those that flee a country so that they can feed their familes. Not all illlegals come here to do illegal things. It is just tooo bad that our papers don't focuson the good rather than single out this one family. Abit more empathy for mankind would go a lot further than considering a fello human being an illegal alien invader.
No, the native Americans were the first Americans but they migrated here just like those after them did. Yes, I can imagine what it was like for them and that is why we don't want history repeating itself by THIS invasion. They don't come here because they can't feed their families at home. They come here because they can have it better here but you can't do that without the permission of our government!

The first thing they do is an illegal act and that is coming in defiance of our immigration laws. Sure some may only be guilty of that but then many commit I.D. fraud and even more serious crimes. We cannot afford any more empathy if it means taking in the whole world's poor. We already have generous immigration policies. Should we commit national suicide all in the name of empathy? How about Mexico having some empathy for their own citizens? Just because someone is human doesn't mean he has the right to take up residence anywhere he wants to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2010, 07:25 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,895,723 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No, the native Americans were the first Americans but they migrated here just like those after them did. Yes, I can imagine what it was like for them and that is why we don't want history repeating itself by THIS invasion. They don't come here because they can't feed their families at home. They come here because they can have it better here but you can't do that without the permission of our government!

The first thing they do is an illegal act and that is coming in defiance of our immigration laws. Sure some may only be guilty of that but then many commit I.D. fraud and even more serious crimes. We cannot afford any more empathy if it means taking in the whole world's poor. We already have generous immigration policies. Should we commit national suicide all in the name of empathy? How about Mexico having some empathy for their own citizens? Just because someone is human doesn't mean he has the right to take up residence anywhere he wants to.
can't argue with a single word posted..Well said
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2010, 07:26 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,077,271 times
Reputation: 2244
the claim is that forcing people through the legal changes will ensure we get the cream of the crop. thats not always the case. overstayers can be corrupt and illegals can be the most [otherwise] law abiding.

further, the level of violence in mexico now is unprecendented.
it has traditionally been that gangs and the likes were US exports to MX and ElSAL. gangs in latin america are a more recent phenomena.

the cartels, they are also a more recent phenomena (im talking 20 years).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Why should we care how or why she is here? The fact is she is here illegally. If they don’t want their kids to be “corrupted” by the bad Americans, perhaps they should remain in Mexico. . . . where there is NO corruption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2010, 07:30 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,895,723 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
the claim is that forcing people through the legal changes will ensure we get the cream of the crop. thats not always the case. overstayers can be corrupt and illegals can be the most [otherwise] law abiding.

further, the level of violence in mexico now is unprecendented.
it has traditionally been that gangs and the likes were US exports to MX and ElSAL. gangs in latin america are a more recent phenomena.

the cartels, they are also a more recent phenomena (im talking 20 years).
Case in point the many Russian legals who also happen to be members of the brutal Russian Mafia. Albanian Mafia, East germans who are former members of the STASI. Their are some really bad east europeans who succeeded in entering legally.
For those who don't know The STASI was more ruthless more brutal than the KGB ever dreamed of being.
edit. Wish leather were here for this discussion. he forgot more than most of us combined will ever know about the secret police of the east Europeans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2010, 07:33 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,823,428 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
the claim is that forcing people through the legal changes will ensure we get the cream of the crop. thats not always the case. overstayers can be corrupt and illegals can be the most [otherwise] law abiding.

further, the level of violence in mexico now is unprecendented.
it has traditionally been that gangs and the likes were US exports to MX and ElSAL. gangs in latin america are a more recent phenomena.

the cartels, they are also a more recent phenomena (im talking 20 years).
I doubt we are getting the cream of the crop from visa overstays. Had they a modicum of honesty and integrity they would not violate our laws. Most had no intentions of ever returning home. They are the same as any other illegal alien. The only difference is their mode of entry.

If I steal your money from your bedroom, does it really matter whether you invited me into your house, or I broke the lock on your door?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2010, 07:35 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,895,723 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I doubt we are getting the cream of the crop from visa overstays. Had they a modicum of honesty and integrity they would not violate our laws. Most had no intentions of ever returning home. They are the same as any other illegal alien. The only difference is their mode of entry.

If I steal your money from your bedroom, does it really matter whether you invited me into your house, or I broke the lock on your door?
Perfect analogy.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2010, 07:35 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,077,271 times
Reputation: 2244
just wait and see. a lot of indians and southeast asians are overstaying. they arent the "typical" illegal since most of them came to study. they are pretty upstanding individuals. they just began to like the taste of a US lifestyle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I doubt we are getting the cream of the crop from visa overstays. Had they a modicum of honesty and integrity they would not violate our laws. Most had no intentions of ever returning home. They are the same as any other illegal alien. The only difference is their mode of entry.

If I steal your money from your bedroom, does it really matter whether you invited me into your house, or I broke the lock on your door?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2010, 07:46 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,823,428 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
just wait and see. a lot of indians and southeast asians are overstaying. they arent the "typical" illegal since most of them came to study. they are pretty upstanding individuals. they just began to like the taste of a US lifestyle.
Wait and see what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2010, 07:57 PM
 
472 posts, read 628,121 times
Reputation: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
just wait and see. a lot of indians and southeast asians are overstaying. they arent the "typical" illegal since most of them came to study. they are pretty upstanding individuals. they just began to like the taste of a US lifestyle.
They may not be the "typical" illegal, but they are just as ILLEGAL as any undocumented border crosser, and should be deported immediately upon discovery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top