U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 07:00 PM

716 posts, read 970,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
what an ignorant comment. maybe thats how his constituents feel. he could very well be representing their views.

not all hispanics think alike!!!

as for the law. well is this for those who dont have a valid license or those who are driving without a license?
ive often left the house without my wallet. would i get my car impounded or be given a court date to show proof of a license? it seems extreme. luckily i have my license number memorized, but most people dont.

Based on the article, it applies to people who don't have a license at all. If you got pulled over without your wallet, they could run your name and find out you have a license. The guy in the article didn't have one.

This seems like common sense to me. Anyone can get arrested for driving with a suspended or no license, immigrant or citizen.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:00 PM

4,572 posts, read 3,830,907 times
Stories like this make me feel that perhaps all is not lost in this battle.

Advice to the illegals: Don't play the game if you can't afford to lose!

Old 02-09-2010, 07:13 PM

2,539 posts, read 3,273,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Its called pandering to a growing voter group. The lust of power is what motivates these elected reps. Fortunately there are some reps who stand by their word.
Chris Carney comes to mind.
Nah, I think there's more to it then that. Someone is making big money, but who? That's what I don't know.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:16 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Nah, I think there's more to it then that. Someone is making big money, but who? That's what I don't know.
The big money you speak of is in the form of campaign contributions.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:30 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,070,242 times
phew!

i know folks who have been caught without a license (forgotten it, lost it, etc) and have thus been given a court date to show proof. i thought impounding the car might be the next step?!

its good to know.

that being the case no problem.

if you are going to drive you better have a license. if you dont, then make sure your car is spotless and you follow the rules of the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatwoods View Post
Based on the article, it applies to people who don't have a license at all. If you got pulled over without your wallet, they could run your name and find out you have a license. The guy in the article didn't have one.

This seems like common sense to me. Anyone can get arrested for driving with a suspended or no license, immigrant or citizen.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:32 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
what an ignorant comment. maybe thats how his constituents feel. he could very well be representing their views.

not all hispanics think alike!!!

as for the law. well is this for those who dont have a valid license or those who are driving without a license?
ive often left the house without my wallet. would i get my car impounded or be given a court date to show proof of a license? it seems extreme. luckily i have my license number memorized, but most people dont.
I never said that all "regular" Hispanics think alike but you show me one Hispanic politician who doesn't advocate for illegal aliens and I will then eat my so-called "ignorant" comment.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:42 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,070,242 times
no, show me proof that they ALL do! you are the one making such a silly connection. i call it suspect.
therefore you
A) show proof, or
B) say "yes 'the one', you are correct, it is silly and ignorant to think that all hispanic politicians think alike and advocate for illegals. that would be as silly as thinking that all black politicians think alike and support affirmative action".

that simple. and im sure there is this guy in florida that would disagree with sedated cedillo. (by the way im no fan of cedillo.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I never said that all "regular" Hispanics think alike but you show me one Hispanic politician who doesn't advocate for illegal aliens and I will then eat my so-called "ignorant" comment.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:01 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
no, show me proof that they ALL do! you are the one making such a silly connection. i call it suspect.
therefore you
A) show proof, or
B) say "yes 'the one', you are correct, it is silly and ignorant to think that all hispanic politicians think alike and advocate for illegals. that would be as silly as thinking that all black politicians think alike and support affirmative action".

that simple. and im sure there is this guy in florida that would disagree with sedated cedillo. (by the way im no fan of cedillo.)
Try the "immigration report card" put out by Numbers, USA. I posted the link in here before. Click on any Hispanic surname in congress and you will get your answer. If you don't want to believe that website then go to each Hispanic congressman's individual websites and find out how they view illegal immigration and their solutions to it.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:45 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,444,911 times
I can understand a person being here illegal. But I can not understand why once they are here they think they have a right to do anything a person here who is citizen has a right to do......They dont have a right to do anything here.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:58 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,162,024 times
This is nothing new.There are also a few cities in S. California that seize vehicles from anyone(citizens and non-citizens) for soliciting prostitutes.Try explainig this to the wife/girlfriend.It's been upheld in the State courts.Simple concept follow the las and you have nothing to worry about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or