U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 08:35 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,138,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
We don't need a White history month b/c every day IS White history. Black History is only celebrated in February. I don't know what ppl say to you on a daily basis, but I think that white ppl have it Extremely Good in this country. Nobody ever prejudges them, questions how they became successful, criticizes their race if they fail, etc. As for only one Presidents' Day, you can think the Congress and I suspect "Big Business". I remember as a kid that we celebrated Washington's Birthday in January and Lincoln's in February. When MLK Day came along in 1986, it was "too many" holidays on the Calendar. We can't have THAT in the USA. So, Washington's Birthday was eliminated and Lincoln's Birthday became the all-inclusive Presidents' Day that we celebrate today.
I'm not following you. This thread is about Seizure of ILLEGAL ALIENS' vehicles, not about race. Maybe you posted this in the wrong place accidental?

Old 02-22-2010, 09:30 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylee963 View Post
We have reached the days where being a legal American citizen means nothing anymore. If it means anything its that were scum to everyone that isnt and have no right to be in our own country. Hence others posting their own flags everywhere and demanding things from us.

I am not racist BUT I have to say this because its been bothering me. If you are a caucasian american citizen... you have no rights. other nationalities may be prejudice, racist, discriminitive towards you all they want and you cant do anything bout it because if you pull the same crap they do you get charged with it and not them. Every month is black history month I have yet to see a white history month. If I remember correctly until now every one of our presidents was white so why do we only get presidents day to celebrate them? As I said I am not being racist I fully beleive in everything Martin Luther King Jr. said however I think there are too many out there that abuse it and misunderstand. We are supposed to be an equal nation. if you are an american citizen no matter your color you are equal. You should not be treated any differently because of color. However we are still paying for the things that were done in our ancestors time.
I can certainly agree with the bolded sentence in your first paragraph. However, when presented as White vs. Black, or any other “citizen” groups, you lose credibility, because it has no relevance in this particular debate. The issue of illegal immigration is one of legality, national security, and sovereignty; not the race, ethnicity, or “nationality” of citizens of this country.

I can appreciate your frustration. I too, feel frustrated by illegal immigration, and the failure of our government to enforce our laws. However, if we begin to lose sight of the “real” issue, and allow disparate annoyances, real or perceived, to enter the fray, we not only lend credence to pro-illegal “racial” allegations, but also create division within the anti-illegal movement. We (anti-illegal Americans) are in this battle together. Let’s not make this a divisive issue of race. Otherwise, we lose, and illegal aliens and their supporters win by default.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I can certainly agree with the bolded sentence in your first paragraph. However, when presented as White vs. Black, or any other “citizen” groups, you lose credibility, because it has no relevance in this particular debate. The issue of illegal immigration is one of legality, national security, and sovereignty; not the race, ethnicity, or “nationality” of citizens of this country.

I can appreciate your frustration. I too, feel frustrated by illegal immigration, and the failure of our government to enforce our laws. However, if we begin to lose sight of the “real” issue, and allow disparate annoyances, real or perceived, to enter the fray, we not only lend credence to pro-illegal “racial” allegations, but also create division within the anti-illegal movement. We (anti-illegal Americans) are in this battle together. Let’s not make this a divisive issue of race. Otherwise, we lose, and illegal aliens and their supporters win by default.
Bravo....

Old 02-22-2010, 09:36 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote:
We don't need a White history month b/c every day IS White history. Black History is only celebrated in February. I don't know what ppl say to you on a daily basis, but I think that white ppl have it Extremely Good in this country. Nobody ever prejudges them, questions how they became successful, criticizes their race if they fail, etc. As for only one Presidents' Day, you can think the Congress and I suspect "Big Business". I remember as a kid that we celebrated Washington's Birthday in January and Lincoln's in February. When MLK Day came along in 1986, it was "too many" holidays on the Calendar. We can't have THAT in the USA. So, Washington's Birthday was eliminated and Lincoln's Birthday became the all-inclusive Presidents' Day that we celebrate today.
What do you mean every day is "white history"? Just because our society is based on white European culture it does not equate to a celebration of white history. More and more our basic culture is being diluted anyway.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:51 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Quote:
We don't need a White history month b/c
Quote:
every day IS White history.
Black History is only celebrated in February. I don't know what ppl say to you on a daily basis, but I think that white ppl have it Extremely Good in this country. Nobody ever prejudges them, questions how they became successful, criticizes their race if they fail, etc. As for only one Presidents' Day, you can think the Congress and I suspect "Big Business". I remember as a kid that we celebrated Washington's Birthday in January and Lincoln's in February. When MLK Day came along in 1986, it was "too many" holidays on the Calendar. We can't have THAT in the USA. So, Washington's Birthday was eliminated and Lincoln's Birthday became the all-inclusive Presidents' Day that we celebrate today.

Show me an event, a celebration or any day of any week in any year that is dedicated to "Whites" and only Whites, or any special event with the title name begining with "White...................day", or for that matter with the name "White" in it......

Old 02-22-2010, 09:56 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What do you mean every day is "white history"? Just because our society is based on white European culture it does not equate to a celebration of white history. More and more our basic culture is being diluted anyway.
And the irony is that Hispanic culture is just as 'White based' as Anglo Saxon--------but, many Latinos will try to deny that.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Seems to me the poster did what set to accomplish, taking the focus off of Illegal Immigration and shining a light on proposed racism, clearly the views of said above.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:16 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Quote:
Take it to the hate all whites forum.
This topic is about Seizure of Illegal alien vehicles.
They get caught driving without a license, in most cases no insurance, bought and paid for with money earned illegally. In other words no work VISA, SSN or simply by using ID fraud. In short nothing about the car was done legally. It is a fair consequence for their actions.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:23 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Seems to me the poster did what set to accomplish, taking the focus off of Illegal Immigration and shining a light on proposed racism, clearly the views of said above.
Divide and conquer.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:22 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,949,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post

Show me an event, a celebration or any day of any week in any year that is dedicated to "Whites" and only Whites, or any special event with the title name begining with "White...................day", or for that matter with the name "White" in it......
St Patrick's Day (irish)

Columbus Day (italian)

I don't know of any days that start with "black" or "mexican" or "asian" in them, so why should we expect that one with "white" in it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or