Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 06:14 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times

Advertisements

The law applies to anyone driving without a license in CA, not just illegal aliens. It’s interesting that this bill is exclusively for illegals. I guess only legal residents should have their vehicles impounded.

Quote:
LOS ANGELES – A California state senator says that the seizure of vehicles from undocumented workers without driver’s licenses is an inhumane measure because of the high costs it imposes on families with scanty resources.

“It’s inhumane for the police to take the cars from the workers because they don’t have a license and they leave all the things they carry inside the vehicles thrown onto the sidewalk,” Democrat Gil Cedillo told Efe.

The policy “is cruel and humiliating for a community of immigrants of 2.5 million who still don’t have documents in California,” the senator said.
Latin American Herald Tribune - Californian Demands Halt to Seizure of Undocumented Workers’ Vehicles

Old 02-09-2010, 06:18 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,422 times
Yet when we scream even a sense of at the least equality, we're biased and racist....unbelievable. They need to keep talking so I know who not to vote for and advise others of the same. Thanks Benicar.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:32 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Hispanic senator....go figure!

Old 02-09-2010, 06:42 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
what an ignorant comment. maybe thats how his constituents feel. he could very well be representing their views.

not all hispanics think alike!!!

as for the law. well is this for those who dont have a valid license or those who are driving without a license?
ive often left the house without my wallet. would i get my car impounded or be given a court date to show proof of a license? it seems extreme. luckily i have my license number memorized, but most people dont.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Hispanic senator....go figure!

Old 02-09-2010, 06:43 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Is it cruel when an unlicensed, uninsured illegal hits another car occupied by legal citizens? Is it cruel when there is no insurance and the illegal simply walks away from it? Is it cruel when said unlicensed uninsured illegal runs over a child and flees the scene?
When will these politicians put the rights of legal americans first. When will they put their own people first?

Old 02-09-2010, 06:45 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
And Latinos as a group wonder why prejudice is growing against them. Thanks for nothing: you illegal alien apologists AKA traitors. Your actions of demanding special rights for (mostly Hispanic) illegal aliens have besmirched the good name of true blue Americans of Mexican, etc. lineage.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:50 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Is it cruel when an unlicensed, uninsured illegal hits another car occupied by legal citizens? Is it cruel when there is no insurance and the illegal simply walks away from it? Is it cruel when said unlicensed uninsured illegal runs over a child and flees the scene?
When will these politicians put the rights of legal americans first. When will they put their own people first?

I feel exactly the way you do tinman01. Your so right, when will these politicinas put the needs of legal Americans first. And it is cruel when an uninsured illegal gets in an accident and flees the scene, no this is not right. Good post.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:57 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,874 times
Well, it might just be easier to give them CA, AZ, NM and TX back. There is a lot of gray area, and somebody in Washington MUST be making money off of them, or this would have never been allowed to continue. Interesting.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:59 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
what an ignorant comment. maybe thats how his constituents feel. he could very well be representing their views.

not all hispanics think alike!!!

as for the law. well is this for those who dont have a valid license or those who are driving without a license?ive often left the house without my wallet. would i get my car impounded or be given a court date to show proof of a license? it seems extreme. luckily i have my license number memorized, but most people dont.
If the driver does not have a license on his/her person, they are given an opportunity to produce one. They can even call and have someone bring it to them. In any case, why should a bill be exclusively for the benefit of illegal aliens, given that they have no right to even be here?

Old 02-09-2010, 06:59 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Well, it might just be easier to give them CA, AZ, NM and TX back. There is a lot of gray area, and somebody in Washington MUST be making money off of them, or this would have never been allowed to continue. Interesting.
Its called pandering to a growing voter group. The lust of power is what motivates these elected reps. Fortunately there are some reps who stand by their word.
Chris Carney comes to mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration