Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 11:38 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If you do not have a license, the police are not suppose to let you get back behind the wheel, no matter who you are.

If you are behind the wheel, it is the law that you have your license to drive with you, not just a number you have memorized.

They take your car here, unless there is another licensed driver to drive it.
At one time there was an advertisment(60's 70's or/and 80's) on tv that said " never drive without your licinse" or something to that affect.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:22 AM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
At one time there was an advertisment(60's 70's or/and 80's) on tv that said " never drive without your licinse" or something to that affect.
Wasn't that American Express? "Never leave home without it."

Old 02-18-2010, 08:19 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
wasn't that american express? "never leave home without it.":d
:d

Old 02-18-2010, 11:42 AM

5,408 posts, read 12,663,530 times
if SG were a sanctuary city the SGPD would NOT be impounding cars. they would look the other way.

oh and most of the cars are lost. a cop friend of mine told me that he often advises people to put the title of a car under a licensed drivers name. why? because that way that person can be summoned to the check point and drive it away. or if the car is impounded to get it back from the impound lot the registered owner has to retrieve it [with proof of a valid license]. the driver wont be able to get it back (yes they register cars in their names). most likely the car stays in the lot for a long time until the driver/owner can pull it. but by then the charges become too much and thus a financial burden to get it back.

on a side note;
as a public transport commuter in LA i have wondered why the bus system isnt as crowded as it was in the 80's and 90's. i do see more and more men riding bikes to and fro. but it always struck me as odd that the buses were easier to board and never as full as before.

(i must add the disclaimer that not all PT users are of dubious citizenship. in LA its mostly working class and lower economic level folks on the bus. but it goes without saying that it was the preferred mode of transport for those "without papers".)

so did people legalize status? started working closer to home? move up socioeconomically? did people get so so comfortable with these lax policies that they figured it was safe to drive unlicensed?

hmmmm

in the end, if you drive without a valid license you know the consequences. just like if you drive impaired.
tough t!tty...

oh and another cop friend i recently asked told me that a licensed driver will get a pass if they know their number, but forgot their actual license at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Here's an article about DUI checkpoints and the Illegal Aliens who are caught driving through them DUI traps snag more cars than drunks, investigation finds - OC Watchdog : The Orange County Register the article states immigrants but it's easy to see that a good portion of them are Illegal aliens especially in Sanctuary Cities like South Gate.These people think their special and don't have to follow the laws,they should step this up and impound their vehicles and auction them off to help pay for some of the State's expenses in dealing with them.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:31 PM

183 posts, read 242,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The law applies to anyone driving without a license in CA, not just illegal aliens. It’s interesting that this bill is exclusively for illegals. I guess only legal residents should have their vehicles impounded.

Latin American Herald Tribune - Californian Demands Halt to Seizure of Undocumented Workers’ Vehicles
We have reached the days where being a legal American citizen means nothing anymore. If it means anything its that were scum to everyone that isnt and have no right to be in our own country. Hence others posting their own flags everywhere and demanding things from us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Yet when we scream even a sense of at the least equality, we're biased and racist....unbelievable. They need to keep talking so I know who not to vote for and advise others of the same. Thanks Benicar.
I am not racist BUT I have to say this because its been bothering me. If you are a caucasian american citizen... you have no rights. other nationalities may be prejudice, racist, discriminitive towards you all they want and you cant do anything bout it because if you pull the same crap they do you get charged with it and not them. Every month is black history month I have yet to see a white history month. If I remember correctly until now every one of our presidents was white so why do we only get presidents day to celebrate them? As I said I am not being racist I fully beleive in everything Martin Luther King Jr. said however I think there are too many out there that abuse it and misunderstand. We are supposed to be an equal nation. if you are an american citizen no matter your color you are equal. You should not be treated any differently because of color. However we are still paying for the things that were done in our ancestors time.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:20 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
The law applies to anyone driving without a license in CA, not just illegal aliens. It’s interesting that this bill is exclusively for illegals. I guess only legal residents should have their vehicles impounded.

Latin American Herald Tribune - Californian Demands Halt to Seizure of Undocumented Workers’ Vehicles
of course, it's "One Bill Gil"!! The only legislation that this clown ever writes is for the benefit of illegal aliens.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:29 AM

5 posts, read 10,250 times
This past Thursday rush hour traveling to my sister's house in Downtown Long Beach which is heavily Hispanic, I was almost hit 3 time by Hispanic drivers in beat up vehicles changing lanes right in front of me as if I wasn't even there so that they could get into my lane. I couldn't believe that I was almost hit 3 times. I took a look at the drivers each time since I was so shocked. I don't know if these are illegal drivers but from the looks of their beat up vans and trucks that they are. I don't know if this is an illegal alien issue or just a dangerous area issue. I think if they are breaking the law then by all means take the cars away. Especially in hit and run cases which are growing by the day.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:47 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,287,388 times
Quote:

This senator is too stupid to be allowed to continue in his office, as he clearly has lost his mind.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:49 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,287,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylee963 View Post
We have reached the days where being a legal American citizen means nothing anymore. If it means anything its that were scum to everyone that isnt and have no right to be in our own country. Hence others posting their own flags everywhere and demanding things from us.

I am not racist BUT I have to say this because its been bothering me. If you are a caucasian american citizen... you have no rights. other nationalities may be prejudice, racist, discriminitive towards you all they want and you cant do anything bout it because if you pull the same crap they do you get charged with it and not them. Every month is black history month I have yet to see a white history month. If I remember correctly until now every one of our presidents was white so why do we only get presidents day to celebrate them? As I said I am not being racist I fully beleive in everything Martin Luther King Jr. said however I think there are too many out there that abuse it and misunderstand. We are supposed to be an equal nation. if you are an american citizen no matter your color you are equal. You should not be treated any differently because of color. However we are still paying for the things that were done in our ancestors time.

Absolutely but sadly correct post.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:28 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylee963 View Post

We don't need a White history month b/c every day IS White history. Black History is only celebrated in February. I don't know what ppl say to you on a daily basis, but I think that white ppl have it Extremely Good in this country. Nobody ever prejudges them, questions how they became successful, criticizes their race if they fail, etc. As for only one Presidents' Day, you can think the Congress and I suspect "Big Business". I remember as a kid that we celebrated Washington's Birthday in January and Lincoln's in February. When MLK Day came along in 1986, it was "too many" holidays on the Calendar. We can't have THAT in the USA. So, Washington's Birthday was eliminated and Lincoln's Birthday became the all-inclusive Presidents' Day that we celebrate today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration