U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-12-2010, 01:56 PM
 
3,225 posts, read 7,491,996 times
Reputation: 868

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMB1990 View Post
Ok. Get your heads out of exit hole.
Putting one's head in the above-referenced position is akin to the undocumented workers bringing the US economy to its knees - a tremendous feat to be accomplished in either case!

 
Old 02-12-2010, 02:17 PM
 
130 posts, read 228,680 times
Reputation: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMB1990 View Post
Ok. I live in Washington where there is a large Hispanic community. I have to say that you can't put them all into one category! They aren't ALL "cheap labor" but they aren't ALL "hard workers" eithor. You can't stereotype them! Get your heads out of exit hole.
I too believe everyone should come over here legally (and abide by our laws/rules...meaning don't get a work visa then over stay your welcome) now that our economy is "in danger" as some say. I also do believe our constitution was written in English, I'd like it to be our national language.
Again, you can't blame them for wanting a better way of life.
Get the Employers. they have been known to SOMETIMES pay them worst, SOMETIMES have them work worst hours because they can MANIPULATE them and MISSTREAT them. Not saying ALL Employers who employ illegal immigrants do this but it has been known to happen. It's like all our big companies going over to India and China... only it's happening here in the US.
Once again, yes we can put them all into one category! I'm not talking about the U.S. citizens that happen to be Mexican, I'm talking about the illegal Mexicans! I'm sick and tired of hearing the argument that all they want is a better life so its understandable where they are coming from! Thats bull!

I know people in Asia that would love to have a better life, but they choose to try to come to America the right way and not break the laws in doing so! Another fact, the money that the illegal Mexicans make is sent back to Mexico! Try going to a western union on a payday Friday and its full of Mexicans sending money back to Mexico! I know this problem is not as bad up north yet, but its going that way!

Illegal Mexicans should all be sent back! And every single American should be worried about the Mexican government sanctioned silent invasion! These Mexicans don't want a better life in America, they want to turn America into Mexico and you better learn that!
 
Old 02-12-2010, 02:20 PM
 
130 posts, read 228,680 times
Reputation: 85
I had live in California about two years ago and I had to switch school districts 4 times within 2 months because the public school system that my kids were going to only spoke spanish. I was told that my kids would have to learn spanish or risk failing every single class. And I dare anyone tell me this is how an American citizen should be treated! Four public school systems in the Fresno area before I finally found a district that spoke English. One of the Schools flew the Mexican flag without the American Flag.

You better wake up America, the silent invasion is real!
 
Old 02-12-2010, 02:38 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
Reputation: 2983
Somebody ought to open a SUBFORUM about this problem !! "Illegal immigration", you say? HMMMMmmmmm..
 
Old 02-12-2010, 02:52 PM
 
29,805 posts, read 15,203,274 times
Reputation: 15583
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt757100 View Post
Illegal Mexicans are now working in restaurants, hotels, bars, new home construction, hanging drywall, landscaping, as well as the farming jobs.
Quote:
My brother-in-law is from Germany and is trying to become a citizen. He has been going through the process for about 4 years and yes its cumbersome but at least he is doing it the right way! I have no sympathy for people who cross the southern boarder illegally.
If your brother-in-law wasn't marrying a US citizen but simply intended intended immigrate and do any of the jobs you listed, he wouldn't have gotten an interview. Practically speaking, there's no legal way for a Mexican farmhand, or an Australian bartender, or a German landscaper to get a US work permit without marrying a resident or winning the Green Card lottery - the latter not being an option id you're from Mexico.

I'm not trying to defend illegal immigration, but the entire "why don't they just do it the right way?" line of questioning is moot. There is no legal way.
 
Old 02-12-2010, 03:00 PM
 
130 posts, read 228,680 times
Reputation: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
If your brother-in-law wasn't marrying a US citizen but simply intended intended immigrate and do any of the jobs you listed, he wouldn't have gotten an interview. Practically speaking, there's no legal way for a Mexican farmhand, or an Australian bartender, or a German landscaper to get a US work permit without marrying a resident or winning the Green Card lottery - the latter not being an option id you're from Mexico.

I'm not trying to defend illegal immigration, but the entire "why don't they just do it the right way?" line of questioning is moot. There is no legal way.
Well then they need to try and change the laws and not continue to break them. These illegals don't want to assimilate to the American culture, just like Mexican President Fox stated the Mexican people will one day own the land that was stolen by the AMerican government.

All of the money the illegal Mexican make here, they just send it back to Mexico. If they really wanted a better life then they would learn to speak English and try to learn the American culture as my brother-in-law has done! My brother-in-law was in this country legally before he met my sister, so I don't want to hear the excuses. He was not a citizen, but he was here legally and he filled out the paperwork and followed the process. It took him about 2 years before he could even come here but he waited and now he is waiting to one day get his citizenship.

Mexican fly the mexican flag and hate america!
 
Old 02-12-2010, 03:44 PM
 
4,241 posts, read 5,747,056 times
Reputation: 9885
Puleeeeze... if you're qualified, you'll find employment. Stop blaming minorities or the alignment of the stars for your predicament.
 
Old 02-12-2010, 03:55 PM
 
130 posts, read 228,680 times
Reputation: 85
Default wake up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post
Puleeeeze... if you're qualified, you'll find employment. Stop blaming minorities or the alignment of the stars for your predicament.
I have a great job! However, if we have 15 million illegal Mexicans working in America and 10% of our population is unemployed I beg to differ with you! You are missing the whole point! The illegal Mexicans are committing a crime being here and should be sent back and now what is so hard to understand about that?

I have no problems with Mexicans that come here legally and adapt to our culture, but what I do have a problem with is the fact that these illegal Mexicans send all of their money back to Mexico (try going to a Western Union on payday Friday and you will see what I mean) and refuse to learn English!

I have seen towns in South Texas that are slowly turning into Mexico..... I have seen a town that flies the Mexican flag on top of its cities court house. I have had kids in california schools that I had to pull out because the public schools were all spanish speaking and I was told to teach my kids spanish or risk having them fail. you really need to wake up! unless you dont care that the AMerican culture is fading away and becoming a Mexican culture! Seriously try going to South Texas and its just like Mexico. Read my post about President Fox from Mexico and the silent invasion. Scary stuff!
 
Old 02-12-2010, 04:13 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,285,252 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt757100 View Post
I have a great job! However, if we have 15 million illegal Mexicans working in America and 10% of our population is unemployed I beg to differ with you! You are missing the whole point! The illegal Mexicans are committing a crime being here and should be sent back and now what is so hard to understand about that?

I have no problems with Mexicans that come here legally and adapt to our culture, but what I do have a problem with is the fact that these illegal Mexicans send all of their money back to Mexico (try going to a Western Union on payday Friday and you will see what I mean) and refuse to learn English!

I have seen towns in South Texas that are slowly turning into Mexico..... I have seen a town that flies the Mexican flag on top of its cities court house. I have had kids in california schools that I had to pull out because the public schools were all spanish speaking and I was told to teach my kids spanish or risk having them fail. you really need to wake up! unless you dont care that the AMerican culture is fading away and becoming a Mexican culture! Seriously try going to South Texas and its just like Mexico. Read my post about President Fox from Mexico and the silent invasion. Scary stuff!

And i have no problem with you stating nothing but true facts, some don't like it oh well. I also have no probelm with those that one a better life, to do it the right way, become a U.S. CITIZEN, since you wanted so badly that new life, WELL LEARN ENGLISH, which is still our language. We should not have to learn another language, to accomodate those that come into this Country illegally, and those that are here legal, you should still learn English. Some do, and i know so many that do not, and don't intend on learning English, they actually look at you, like your crazy, if you don't speak Spanish. I have no problem with them speaking Spanish, but hey, you live here in the U.S. think you could learn some English. The public schools, should be saying, you don't learn the English language, then find another School.
 
Old 02-12-2010, 04:21 PM
 
44 posts, read 98,108 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt757100 View Post
I know people in Asia that would love to have a better life, but they choose to try to come to America the right way and not break the laws in doing so!
LOLOL Sorry but there are MANY nationalities that come here illegally. I highly doubt the Mexicans/Hispanics are the only ones doing it.
Have you been to Seattle? There was a thing on the news a few years ago about some ASIANS found dead in one of those container thingys aboard a ship(sailing from some Asian country to the US via Seattle port)... what do you think they were doing? DUH! Trying to come over ILLEGALLY. I feel sorry that they had to die in doing so.
I'm not saying illegal immigration is right, but you're putting all the blame on Mexicans. Open your eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top