Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 09:19 AM

130 posts, read 265,307 times

Advertisements

We have so many illegal Mexicans working in the state of florida and its keeping Floridians from finding work! I have seen illegal immigrants working in all kinds of different industries. People think Mexicans are only stealing farming jobs, but thats just ignorant to think.

Illegal Mexicans are now working in restaurants, hotels, bars, new home construction, hanging drywall, landscaping, as well as the farming jobs. We could fix the economy in the state of Florida by simply removing all of the illegal immigrants and replacing them with workers from Florida!

Why is it so bad to demand anyone that comes to this nation do it the right way? My brother-in-law is from Germany and is trying to become a citizen. He has been going through the process for about 4 years and yes its cumbersome but at least he is doing it the right way! I have no sympathy for people who cross the southern boarder illegally.

Former Mexican President Fox told the Mexican media in 2002 that America stole Texas, Arizona, California, Utah, Nevada, New Mexico and they want it back! He went on to state that Mexico could never defeat the United States in a military fight but they could defeat the USA in a silent invasion. He supported illegal Mexicans sneaking into the USA and having children(which makes the new children AMerican citizens) and in about 20 years they could take back the land that America stole. Guess what? He was right. Their are towns in south Texas, south Arizona, and south New Mexico that fly the Mexican flag at the city office buildings and the towns speak 100% spanish. America is slowly being taken away and yet the liberal Americans don't see a problem with it!

Old 02-12-2010, 11:57 AM

284 posts, read 985,379 times
Bottom line is that they know the value of a dollar , where your average person will punch out a 5pm they'll punch out a 9pm . Being that i work in the construction field and the only thing i had a problem with was understanding them , they take pride in their work and work hard day in and day out . I would worry more about the python invasion than the immigrants

Old 02-12-2010, 12:06 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,570,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt757100 View Post
We could fix the economy in the state of Florida by simply removing all of the illegal immigrants and replacing them with workers from Florida!
Another simplistic theory on how to fix an ailing economy in Florida, NY or anywhere else - let's scapegaot someone...ah... there go some hard-working Mexicans. Let's blame them for the mess we're in and not the greedy investors, owners, flippers, brokers, bankers, developers who got not just Florida but the whole country in a gigantic mess.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:12 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,244,680 times
Yeah, But those pythons wont have you working for 1/2 of what you should be. Believe me, the view's a whole lot different from down here.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
Yeah, But those pythons wont have you working for 1/2 of what you should be. Believe me, the view's a whole lot different from down here.
I believe you and i'm familiar with the immigrants all too well on your average job site of 100 workers 75 of those are immigrants , it's something i take with a grain of salt . As a foreman there aren't many immigrants that can do my job (most don't speak english , have a SS card , have a drivers license

Old 02-12-2010, 12:37 PM

1,468 posts, read 4,748,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt757100 View Post
We have so many illegal Mexicans working in the state of florida and its keeping Floridians from finding work! I have seen illegal immigrants working in all kinds of different industries. People think Mexicans are only stealing farming jobs, but thats just ignorant to think.

Illegal Mexicans are now working in restaurants, hotels, bars, new home construction, hanging drywall, landscaping, as well as the farming jobs. We could fix the economy in the state of Florida by simply removing all of the illegal immigrants and replacing them with workers from Florida!

Why is it so bad to demand anyone that comes to this nation do it the right way? My brother-in-law is from Germany and is trying to become a citizen. He has been going through the process for about 4 years and yes its cumbersome but at least he is doing it the right way! I have no sympathy for people who cross the southern boarder illegally.

Former Mexican President Fox told the Mexican media in 2002 that America stole Texas, Arizona, California, Utah, Nevada, New Mexico and they want it back! He went on to state that Mexico could never defeat the United States in a military fight but they could defeat the USA in a silent invasion. He supported illegal Mexicans sneaking into the USA and having children(which makes the new children AMerican citizens) and in about 20 years they could take back the land that America stole. Guess what? He was right. Their are towns in south Texas, south Arizona, and south New Mexico that fly the Mexican flag at the city office buildings and the towns speak 100% spanish. America is slowly being taken away and yet the liberal Americans don't see a problem with it!
I can't begrudge Illegal immigrants for coming here and working. Why not if they can so easily get away with it. There is the problem, go after the employer, they are the only ones we actually have some recourse against. Remember when a parking ticket was $2.00? No one cared they just got them and paid, it was worth it to have a place to park. They stopped when then went to like $25.00 and $35.00 a ticket. I don't know anyone who just parks all day now without adding money.

Same with this thing. Start fining employers $10,000 per illegal employ they catch and see how fast it stops. You can get them on tax laws, not paying benefits, taxes, unemployment, SS. They would be risking losing their business just for some cheap labor. It would stop over night. It is a self correcting problem if you go after the right people.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:49 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANIC View Post
I believe you and i'm familiar with the immigrants all too well on your average job site of 100 workers 75 of those are immigrants , it's something i take with a grain of salt . As a foreman there aren't many immigrants that can do my job (most don't speak english , have a SS card , have a drivers license
If you plan on working down here your in for a rude awakening. Good Luck

Old 02-12-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
If you plan on working down here your in for a rude awakening. Good Luck
I was praying i would hit lotto but if not i guess i have to work , i wouldn't hire anyone that who isn't a US citizen and i plan on being self employed .

Old 02-12-2010, 01:22 PM

130 posts, read 265,307 times
Default yes illegal Mexicans are stealing jobs!!!!!!!! Wake up!

The problem I have with all of your responses is the fact that not one of you mentioned what the Mexican President Vicente Fox stated about the silent invasion or how about the fact that immigrants from just about every other country are coming here the right way! My brother-in-law should just let his visa expire and just stay here! He is married to a U.S. citizen and is still very cumbersome to gain citizenship, but hey we have illegal mexicans skipping the whole process! Why does the rest of the world have to follow the rules and laws and the Mexicans can do whatever they want????? The silent invasion is a scary thing too!

The illegal immigrants might work long hours, but they do poor work and are not very bright. You have to stay right on top of them otherwise they end up screwing something up! Their work is horrendous!

We have closer to 30 million undocumented Mexicans in this nation and if even half of them are working that would mean 15 more million Americans could go back to work! No, I'm not blaming the Mexicans for the state of our economy however, they are stealing American jobs! Yes, I have seen them in a variety of different industries and not just farming! You better wake up! As I said, I was in south Texas last year and the city buildings in a small town just west of McAllen Texas fly the Mexican flag at the cities court house (on top of the American Flag)! Why does my brother-in-law have to to go through all of these hurdles to become an American citizen and he is even married to an American yet Mexicans just stroll across the boarder and demand the same rights as AMericans.

In South Florida the illegal Mexicans organized protest to complain of how poorly they are being treated! WHAT!!!!!!! The Border Patrol should have picked them all up and deported them! These people are here illegally which means they are committing a crime and have the nerve to protest because they are not being treated fairly!

Once again Mexican work is very cheap and I would not buy a house built by these people!

Old 02-12-2010, 01:36 PM

44 posts, read 121,608 times
Ok. I live in Washington where there is a large Hispanic community. I have to say that you can't put them all into one category! They aren't ALL "cheap labor" but they aren't ALL "hard workers" eithor. You can't stereotype them! Get your heads out of exit hole.
I too believe everyone should come over here legally (and abide by our laws/rules...meaning don't get a work visa then over stay your welcome) now that our economy is "in danger" as some say. I also do believe our constitution was written in English, I'd like it to be our national language.
Again, you can't blame them for wanting a better way of life.
Get the Employers. they have been known to SOMETIMES pay them worst, SOMETIMES have them work worst hours because they can MANIPULATE them and MISSTREAT them. Not saying ALL Employers who employ illegal immigrants do this but it has been known to happen. It's like all our big companies going over to India and China... only it's happening here in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration