U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 11:04 AM

34,990 posts, read 33,863,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How soon we forget. You used to post on this forum on a regular basis, so your stance is known. Or, have you had a change of heart?
Okay, I'll play: quote those posts, then, plus the statements in this current thread I already asked you to quote.

Quote:
I don’t need to quote you.
In other words, you cant quote me.
Quote:
This isn’t a one-way street. Assume much?
You seem to wish it were a one-way street; if you make accusations you need to be able to back them up. Not sure if that is news to you.

So.... waiting for you to bolster your credibility with... anything.

P.S. Sure you didnt used to post here under a different name? Your manner is just like someone's who eventually got kicked off even this hate-filled forum, who had your same M.O.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 11:29 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
You are correct Benicar,Illegal Alien apologists see Black Americans and all Americans as expendable,if Illegals are allowed to invade at the present rate it will not only be those at the lower rungs that will suffer it will be all of us.We will have to learn the invaders language and culture,what a joke.Proffesor Gates(remember Obama's beer summit) has an on going program on KCET/PBS that follows Americans ancestry and DNA,What really opened my eyes was how people came from all over the world and within 1 generation assimilated and learned the language(yes this included immigrants from Latin America) sent their children off to war to fight for this great country.
Now you have that press #2 for Spanish BS on answering sevices and Bi lingual forms,signs and all,what a waste of tax payer money.These Illegals and their supporters are getting special treatment at everyone else's expense,this is true discrimination,when you show favoritism to 1 group at the expense of all others you are discriminating against the rest.

I agree with you both, nothing like sideskirting the true issues. Tell it as it really is, some have a hard time with the Truth. Both of you are so right. Enough is so Enough already. And why the ---- should illegals get any special treatment at all, tell me!

Old 02-13-2010, 11:39 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Okay, I'll play: quote those posts, then, plus the statements in this current thread I already asked you to quote.

In other words, you cant quote me.

You seem to wish it were a one-way street; if you make accusations you need to be able to back them up. Not sure if that is news to you.

So.... waiting for you to bolster your credibility with... anything.

P.S. Sure you didnt used to post here under a different name? Your manner is just like someone's who eventually got kicked off even this hate-filled forum, who had your same M.O.
Clearly, you have no desire to discuss the topic of this thread. Have fun playing in the ignore sandbox.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Here's another thing Dr. Swain realizes and that many American are becomming aware of...

"The new white nationalists have jettisoned the tactics of those organizations and are smarter, more sophisticated, and more politically adroit. Their members are not blue-collar rednecks but are likely to be college-educated, financially secure, middle-class Americans. With slick, packaged politics, they have concealed the radicalism of their views and are gaining ground in mainstream America.

Hot-button issues including affirmative action, black-on-white crime and immigration policies are being exploited by the new white nationalists to woo mainstream whites into extremist movements. They exploit real racial and ethnic policy concerns which should be given a forum for intelligent discourse."
Yes, I wholeheartedly agree. This is also true of ethnocentric Hispanics and many pro-illegals, whose defense of illegal immigration relies on the demonization of their opposition.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:53 AM

34,990 posts, read 33,863,084 times
Quote:
Clearly, you have no desire to discuss the topic of this thread. Have fun playing in the ignore sandbox.
It would be more honest to just admit that you cant back up your accusations.

Old 02-13-2010, 12:27 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Quote:
Yes, I wholeheartedly agree. This is also true of ethnocentric Hispanics and many pro-illegals, whose defense of illegal immigration relies on the demonization of their opposition.
If ethnocentric Hispanics and pro-illegals are excerzising their Constitutional rights and are doing battles in the Courts as is their right, why would they concern themselves with White Nationalist opposition?

If the WNO cant bring or argue a cogent point, I dont think the EH and PI are going to be all that worried.

Old 02-13-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
If ethnocentric Hispanics and pro-illegals are excerzising their Constitutional rights and are doing battles in the Courts as is their right, why would they concern themselves with White Nationalist opposition?

If the WNO cant bring or argue a cogent point, I dont think the EH and PI are going to be all that worried.
They arenít demonizing white supremacists; they are demonizing opponents of illegal immigration. According to them, one cannot oppose illegal immigration without being anti-Mexican, anti-Hispanic, haters, bigots, xenophobes, nativists, etc.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:54 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,077,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
It would be more honest to just admit that you cant back up your accusations.
She doesn't work like that...Side note, Benicar is actually the name high blood pressure medication. Kind of puts things in perspective.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:06 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,077,957 times
Quote:
They arenít demonizing white supremacists; they are demonizing opponents of illegal immigration. According to them, one cannot oppose illegal immigration without being anti-Mexican, anti-Hispanic, haters, bigots, xenophobes, nativists, etc.
It's possible, but not truly seen on this board. What's funny is that it's truly Mexicans, but rather the idea of poor 3rd worlders. It's kind of ironic that a proff would not understand the larger implications of trying to segment the lowest two social groups in the United States. The two groups that need to be more aligned. To be perfectly honest, the poor of the nation need to be allied and not divided at this crucial juncture in American history. Simply playing the anti-illegal game (and thus, playing into race baiting politics) is exactly what leads to policies that harm the poor. By uniting and creating a cohesive front to gain better representation you do a SERVICE for all people...regardless of race, creed, etc.

We've seen this with Blacks becoming free and trying to get labor union jobs (poor Whites were told that they were solely entitled for such jobs...this weakened morale and unions across the nation). We've seen this with pretty much every group in the nation (gays, Asians, Hispanics, illegals, women) where two minority (in terms of power, not in terms population necessarily...as in the case of women) come into conflict, thus dividing the groups and causing them to not unite and fight together. Sometimes those in power gain.

I just don't think that this a good idea.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:37 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
It's possible, but not truly seen on this board. What's funny is that it's truly Mexicans, but rather the idea of poor 3rd worlders. It's kind of ironic that a proff would not understand the larger implications of trying to segment the lowest two social groups in the United States. The two groups that need to be more aligned.
Quote:
To be perfectly honest, the poor of the nation need to be allied and not divided at this crucial juncture in American history
. Simply playing the anti-illegal game (and thus, playing into race baiting politics) is exactly what leads to policies that harm the poor. By uniting and creating a cohesive front to gain better representation you do a SERVICE for all people...regardless of race, creed, etc.

We've seen this with Blacks becoming free and trying to get labor union jobs (poor Whites were told that they were solely entitled for such jobs...this weakened morale and unions across the nation). We've seen this with pretty much every group in the nation (gays, Asians, Hispanics, illegals, women) where two minority (in terms of power, not in terms population necessarily...as in the case of women) come into conflict, thus dividing the groups and causing them to not unite and fight together. Sometimes those in power gain.

I just don't think that this a good idea.
Do the Laws of this Country mean anything to you? Or do you consider Illegals Immigrants (of your persuation) an "exception to the rule"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or