U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-13-2010, 11:40 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,076,921 times
Reputation: 822

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Do the Laws of this Country mean anything to you? Or do you consider Illegals Immigrants (of your persuation) an "exception to the rule"?
I feel that the laws need reform in order to better our nation. The laws are not immutable and unchangeable.

FYI, my family has been here A LOT longer than your family has. We can go all the way back to the Mass. Bay Colony and of the founding the Quakers in Penn. You are way off base. See, I prefer not being a bigot...unlike some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-13-2010, 11:55 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
I feel that the laws need reform in order to better our nation. The laws are not immutable and unchangeable.

FYI, my family has been here A LOT longer than your family has. We can go all the way back to the Mass. Bay Colony and the founding the Quakers in Penn.
The length of time either of us have been here has nothing to do with the Laws that are in effect today. And whether or not The Laws could use some adjustment, that doesn't give you, me or anyone the right to ignore them or use them as an excuse.
It seems that all you do is find some reason to skirt around the Laws.

"IGNORANCE OF THE LAW IS NO EXCUSE"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2010, 12:05 AM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,076,921 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
The length of time either of us have been here has nothing to do with the Laws that are in effect today. And whether or not The Laws could use some adjustment, that doesn't give you, me or anyone the right to ignore them or use them as an excuse.
It seems that all you do is find some reason to skirt around the Laws.

"IGNORANCE OF THE LAW IS NO EXCUSE"
What? You implied I was an illegal immigrant. That's why I commented on the length of time. I didn't say to ignore them, in this particular case. Some laws, however, have needed to be ignored. Some laws violate humane principles. I feel that these laws need to be changed immediately.

I will say that complete enforcement is out of the picture at this juncture, however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2010, 12:10 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
What? You implied I was an illegal immigrant. That's why I commented on the length of time. I didn't say to ignore them, in this particular case. Some laws, however, have needed to be ignored. Some laws violate humane principles. I feel that these laws need to be changed immediately.

I will say that complete enforcement is out of the picture at this juncture, however.
NO, I'm not implying that at all. But you support Illegal Immigration and you try and justify every law they violate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2010, 12:17 AM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,076,921 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
NO, I'm not implying that at all. But you support Illegal Immigration and you try and justify every law they violate.
You stated "Or do you consider Illegals Immigrants (of your persuation) an "exception to the rule"?" The implication being either I'm Hispanic (which I'm Half White and Half Black), or an illegal immigrant (I was born a citizen abroad).

I don't support illegal immigration, nor do I justify "every" law they violate. I support reform and common sense (if an illegal immigrant family crosses the border it's better in the long run to educate them and try to get them more into the mainstream). With better laws in place, there would be less illegal immigration. I've made this position quite clear, but of course, it's easier to simply believe what you want (which leads to misinformation...as we see on this board ALL the time...such as much of the OP).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2010, 06:52 AM
Yac
 
5,874 posts, read 6,290,826 times
I can see everyone is quite comfortable with using an important issue as a platform to launch personal attacks. Great, this forum never disappoints ..
Back on topic people, please.
Yac.
__________________
Forum Rules
City-Data.com homepage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top