U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 02:01 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,952,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Im supposed to speak for customers complaining to store owners where BP hang out...How would I know their concerns.

I just read from the story that customers didnt like BP hanging around.
boo hoo, stiff cheddar, who the heck cares ?

I mean really ?

So now our LEO should stay away from places where criminals hang out? There is only one reason that the customers are wary of BP, gosh, wonder what that would be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 02:44 PM

6,571 posts, read 17,962,548 times
Makes NO difference if it were the BP...Police Officer...Deputy Sheriff being around me I would feel more comfortable.

What crime is going to be committed when they are visible?

Those who ar Honest and Law abiding have nothing to worry about.

Anytime a police vehicle is parked...traffic always slows down. Saw this happen in my residential neighborhood when a sheriff was courting a young woman and the car in her driveway sure slowed traffic on the street.

Maybe a little off here but if those people are afraid of any BP being around then they are probably ILLEGAL. As for the store owners...I have NO sympathy for them if they complain about any BP scaring away some (illegals) customers.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 25 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,475,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Makes NO difference if it were the BP...Police Officer...Deputy Sheriff being around me I would feel more comfortable.

Anytime a police vehicle is parked...traffic always slows down. Saw this happen in my residential neighborhood when a sheriff was courting a young woman and the car in her driveway sure slowed traffic on the street.

Maybe a little off here but if those people are afraid of any BP being around then they are probably ILLEGAL. As for the store owners...I have NO sympathy for them if they complain about any BP scaring away some (illegals) customers.
Steve you are right, my only beef with this is why do we keep attacking the illegals and not going for the businesses. This will just direct the flow to another business that doesn't have BP outside.

BP and ICE cannot be everywhere the illegals are....but they could be where the businesses that hire them are!

This to me is just a waste of money.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:58 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,890,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Steve you are right, my only beef with this is why do we keep attacking the illegals and not going for the businesses. This will just direct the flow to another business that doesn't have BP outside.

BP and ICE cannot be everywhere the illegals are....but they could be where the businesses that hire them are!

I agree to a point. ICE and Border patrol can be in more places than they are right now. Its no secret what types of businesses hire illegals. They could get a 2 for if they focus on bad businesses. The illegals and the scum that hires them.
They can also stake out homedepot's follow the homeowner that hires them and bust both.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:02 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,819,795 times
Quote:

I certainly agree that the businesses should be targeted. However, I see no harm in making illegals feel distressed enough to leave. They remain in this country because they are coddled and can work without feeling threatened. It’s time to derail the happy train.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:06 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,296,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post

You do pose some good valid points. I don't know if i should be more upset at those who are here illegally and working, or those shop owners, that willingly hire them.

Old 02-12-2010, 05:08 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,155,041 times
Quote:

This article was not about businesses hiring legals. It was about illegal alien customers. In that case it isn't the business owners who are guilty of anything. Businesses are not allowed to ask for I.D. from cash customers and they aren't breaking any laws by selliing goods to illegal aliens anyway because they have no way of knowing who is illegal and who isn't nor are they supposed to ask.

You are incorrect that ICE hasn't targeted both employers and employees in raids. In many cases employers have been fined and jailed for hiring illegals.

Old 02-12-2010, 05:29 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,088,107 times
"Last year I started hearing my customers say, 'Don't go to Alipaz Plaza, that's where (the Border Patrol agents) are hanging out,'" said Isabel Rizo Patron, owner of Isabel's Beauty Salon.

Rizo Patron said she has a diverse group of customers but that many of her clients are Hispanic and don't like to be in an area frequented by the Border Patrol.

I guess it a new tactic by ICE and The Border Patrol...Since Miss Patron isnt hiring Illegal Aliens, but might have some as customers, The PB will hang out and run them off, that way when Miss Patron's business fails and has to close, the illegals wont have a place to have their hair done.

Then on to the Nail Salon...

Old 02-12-2010, 05:58 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,209,773 times
Quote:
"As much as these businesses are saying that just the mere presence of the Border Patrol is hurting them, there are people on the other side of the fence who'd like to see more patrols," Desio said.
If they don't like it........

At least the Mayor isn't taken sides with LaRaza..

Old 02-12-2010, 06:23 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,209,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
My question is if these Hispanic shoppers are here in our country legally what have they to fear? Illegals should be afraid same as any other lawbreakers. Too bad that some businesses suffer because much of their cliental are illegal aliens. They don't deserve to stay in business then.
I had a sign posted on the front of my Business
in SanBernardino,Ca.

NO ENGLISH..........

NO REPAIR............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or