U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2010, 06:28 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,139,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I had a sign posted on the front of my Business
in SanBernardino,Ca.

NO ENGLISH..........

NO REPAIR............
That should be the practice of all businesses! Especially drivers licenses, health care, welfare, employment, etc....

Way to go mkfarnam!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 08:48 AM

32,823 posts, read 30,083,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Im supposed to speak for customers complaining to store owners where BP hang out...How would I know their concerns.

I just read from the story that customers didnt like BP hanging around.
Why not? You seem quite handy at speaking for other pro-illegal and pro-criminal posters..

Old 02-13-2010, 08:50 AM

32,823 posts, read 30,083,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I agree to a point. ICE and Border patrol can be in more places than they are right now. Its no secret what types of businesses hire illegals. They could get a 2 for if they focus on bad businesses. The illegals and the scum that hires them.
They can also stake out homedepot's follow the homeowner that hires them and bust both.
I know a BP agent that lives 50 miles from the border. He says people scurry all the time when he drives his car into the mall by his house in Escondido. He's never arrested anyone there but it's pretty obvious to him (he says) that there is no shortage of Illegal Aliens in that lot.

He's a Sup so he has to drive all over the County in his marked work car.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:03 AM

1,150 posts, read 991,756 times
<<Some business owners at a San Juan Capistrano shopping center say routine checks by the U.S. Border Patrol are scaring away customers and hurting their bottom lines.>>

That's like a store owner saying "Stop the police from coming here, they're hurting my business. This is where all the gang bangers buy their beer and cigarettes."

If someone has to depend on illegal aliens, or other criminal types, to make their business succeed, they don't deserve to be in business.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:10 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,215,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
<<Some business owners at a San Juan Capistrano shopping center say routine checks by the U.S. Border Patrol are scaring away customers and hurting their bottom lines.>>

That's like a store owner saying "Stop the police from coming here, they're hurting my business. This is where all the gang bangers buy their beer and cigarettes."

Quote:
If someone has to depend on illegal aliens, or other criminal types, to make their business succeed, they don't deserve to be in business
You got that exactly right!

Old 02-13-2010, 09:19 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,089,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post

If someone has to depend on illegal aliens, or other criminal types, to make their business succeed, they don't deserve to be in business.
Who makes the determination of what percentage of that business can be From Illegal Aliens? If a supermarket has Illegal Aliens shopping there, what percentage of their bussiness can be from aliens before they are deemed "Catering to Illegals"?

Old 02-13-2010, 10:42 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,895,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Who makes the determination of what percentage of that business can be From Illegal Aliens? If a supermarket has Illegal Aliens shopping there, what percentage of their bussiness can be from aliens before they are deemed "Catering to Illegals"?
Obviously the shop owner understands the percentage. It is the shop owners who are complaining about BP agents. If illegals are not a factor in the business then those who fear BP would not be annoyed or afraid of them and would continue to shop in that supermarket. The fact that he does not want BP agents near that supermarket is a clear indicator that they are costing him illegal alien dollars. The owner wants those dollars...
Clearly he is pandering to illegals.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Why not? You seem quite handy at speaking for other pro-illegal and pro-criminal posters..
Maybe you can clue me in to whom they are so I can ostarsize them...

Old 02-13-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Obviously the shop owner understands the percentage. It is the shop owners who are complaining about BP agents. If illegals are not a factor in the business then those who fear BP would not be annoyed or afraid of them and would continue to shop in that supermarket. The fact that he does not want BP agents near that supermarket is a clear indicator that they are costing him illegal alien dollars. The owner wants those dollars...
Clearly he is pandering to illegals.

Could you please explain how your post has any meaning to the two phrases below?

If you would like to answer the question, go ahead...How is a business owner able to determin which of his coustomers is Illegal?

Old 02-13-2010, 01:14 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,451,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
What is BP doing 100 miles away from the Border? Do they mean ICE?

Again, I just don't understand why it is so hard to hit the companies that hire illegals? Why go after the small fish patronizing a Hair Salon?
Most people share your concern. It would be very easy to deal with those who hire illegals. In Canada for many years they have a worker permit system. Each alien worker is issued a permit to work AT AN APPROVED JOB SITE. Anyone who hires an lien that does not have the permit is arrested.along with the worker who is deported right then.It works there and it can work here. Evidently our government does not want a system that will work. go figure
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or