U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 12:11 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
<<Exactly! She and the rest of the far left wingnuts have made it pretty clear what they mean by CIR and that is amnesty/legalization and or citizenship for illegal aliens.>>

Absolutely. They've proven it time and again. When they say reform, they mean amnesty, although they may call it a 'fast track to citizenship.' It's still amnesty, forgiving those who have crossed the border illegally. Nothing less will satisfy them.
Have they no shame!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Exactly! She and the rest of the far left wingnuts have made it pretty clear what they mean by CIR and that is amnesty/legalization and or citizenship for illegal aliens.

You know the whole damn administration and illegals, should all leave about the same time!

Old 02-13-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Itís no natural to her, itís like breathing. She probably isnít even cognizant.

Can she please go already, i have had enough of her, broken promises, excuses, tall tales, i can't even look at her. She needs to go now!

Old 02-13-2010, 12:18 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
This is proof that CIR does not equate Amnesty...

2006: Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006 (S. 2611)
Passed with NO provision for Amnesty.

2007: Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007(S.1348)
Did not pass. no provision for amnesty.

2008: No CIR Proposed.

2009: No CIR proposed.

There was a Stand Alone Amnesty Legislation porposed and defeated, but it was not linked to or a rider to any CIR Legislation since 2004.

So where is the Proof that CIR means amnesty?
A tree is known by its fruit. Read the CIR ASAP bill. Where is the punishment for violating our laws? Illegals and their employers are absolved of all crimes. If that isnít amnesty, I donít know what is.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:47 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
CIR ASAP ACT 2009

`SEC. 274A. EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION.
`(a) Making Employment of Unauthorized Aliens Unlawful-
`(1) IN GENERAL- It is unlawful for an employer--
`(A) to hire, recruit, or refer for a fee an alien for employment in the United States knowing or with reckless disregard that the alien is an unauthorized alien with respect to such employment; or
`(B) to hire in the United States an individual unless such employer meets the requirements of subsections (b) and (c).
`(2) CONTINUING EMPLOYMENT- It is unlawful for an employer, after lawfully hiring an alien for employment, to continue to employ the alien in the United States knowing that the alien is (or has become) an unauthorized alien with respect to such employment.

SEC. 407. EMPLOYER PROTECTIONS.
(a) Immigration Status of Alien- Employers of aliens applying for conditional nonimmigrant or conditional nonimmigrant dependent classification or adjustment of status under section 401 or 402 shall not be subject to civil and criminal tax liability relating directly to the employment of such alien before receiving employment authorization under this subtitle.
(b) Provision of Employment Records- Employers that provide unauthorized aliens with copies of employment records or other evidence of employment pursuant to an application for conditional nonimmigrant or conditional nonimmigrant dependent classification or adjustment of status under section 401 or 402 or any other application or petition pursuant to any other immigration law, shall not be subject to civil and criminal liability under section 274A of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1324a) for employing such unauthorized aliens.
(c) Applicability of Other Law- Nothing in this section may be used to shield an employer from liability under section 274B of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1324b) or any other labor or employment law.

SEC. 411. RESTORATION OF STATE OPTION TO DETERMINE RESIDENCY FOR PURPOSES OF HIGHER EDUCATION BENEFITS.
(a) In General- Section 505 of the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 (8 U.S.C. 1623) is repealed.
(b) Effective Date- The repeal under subsection (a) shall take effect as if included in the enactment of the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 (division C of Public Law 104-208; 110 Stat. 3009-546).

I havent read the entire bill, but I dont see any Amnesty granted...I see reverse of the Federal State tutition requirements leaving it to the States to set their own Tuition for non-immimagrant students.

Old 02-13-2010, 02:02 PM

1,150 posts, read 991,058 times
<<So where is the Proof that CIR means amnesty?>>

Oxford American Dictionary:
Amnesty=A general pardon, especially for offenses against a country

A pardon, in the legal sense, is to forgive a crime. CIR is forgiving those who've committed the crime of crossing the border illegally, and excusing them from prosecution for committing said crime.

Old 02-13-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
<<So where is the Proof that CIR means amnesty?>>

Oxford American Dictionary:
Amnesty=A general pardon, especially for offenses against a country

A pardon, in the legal sense, is to forgive a crime. CIR is forgiving those who've committed the crime of crossing the border illegally, and excusing them from prosecution for committing said crime.
Please point out where in the proposed bill forgives those who have committed the crime of crossing the border.

It might be that you use

Immigrant
Alien
Illegal

interchangable...The congress has to make and revise laws dealing with Visas and Green Card holder as well as illegal immigrants, they are all covered by Immigration law, so if you try to ban all Comprehensive Immagration Reform because you believe its Amnesty, thats not correct.

Read the bill, it pertains to all facets of immigration, not just Illegals here.

The same subject discussed here, aliens property ownership, business rules, limitations on visas, ect.

Old 02-13-2010, 05:36 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
This is proof that CIR does not equate Amnesty...

2006: Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006 (S. 2611)
Passed with NO provision for Amnesty.

2007: Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007(S.1348)
Did not pass. no provision for amnesty.

2008: No CIR Proposed.

2009: No CIR proposed.

There was a Stand Alone Amnesty Legislation porposed and defeated, but it was not linked to or a rider to any CIR Legislation since 2004.

So where is the Proof that CIR means amnesty?
Amnesty/legalization/path to citizenship is what all pro-illegals want. They have made that clear in all of their statements.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Amnesty/legalization/path to citizenship is what all pro-illegals want. They have made that clear in all of their statements.
no you make it clear in all of your statements. I only know of the CIR in Congress, and to my best reading ability, has no provision for Amnesty.

If you know where that provisions is in the porposed bill, cite it...I would admit Im wrong...

Old 02-13-2010, 06:22 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
no you make it clear in all of your statements. I only know of the CIR in Congress, and to my best reading ability, has no provision for Amnesty.

If you know where that provisions is in the porposed bill, cite it...I would admit Im wrong...
Re-read what I said. I said that all pro-illegals have stated that they WANT amnesty aka allowing illegal aliens to be able to stay in our country. I said nothing about any proposed bills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration