U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 06:38 PM

77 posts, read 88,190 times

Advertisements

They accuse Pelosi of treason. I accuse them of slandering. Comprehensive Immmigration reform is NOT amnesty.

Pelosi please keep up the good work, God and all of our American brothers are watching your good deeds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 07:06 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L&P90210 View Post
They accuse Pelosi of treason. I accuse them of slandering. Comprehensive Immmigration reform is NOT amnesty.

Pelosi please keep up the good work, God and all of our American brothers are watching your good deeds.
Ok, I'll play the "word" game with you. Do you or do you not want illegal aliens to be able to remain in our country under some sort of legal status? Labels and words don't really matter.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:56 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
no you make it clear in all of your statements. I only know of the CIR in Congress, and to my best reading ability, has no provision for Amnesty.

If you know where that provisions is in the porposed bill, cite it...I would admit Im wrong...
shall not be subject to civil and criminal liability under section 274A of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1324a) for employing such unauthorized aliens.

That right there is an amnesty. Employers of illegals SHALL NOT be subject to civil and criminal liability for employing them? That's an amnesty if I ever saw one.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
no you make it clear in all of your statements. I only know of the CIR in Congress, and to my best reading ability, has no provision for Amnesty.

If you know where that provisions is in the porposed bill, cite it...I would admit Im wrong...
And you really believe the proponents of "immigration reform" really mean for those here illegally to return home and start over doing things the right way?

They mean for them to stay and be placed on the quick path to citizenship and rewarded for breaking the laws of this country.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:46 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Please point out where in the proposed bill forgives those who have committed the crime of crossing the border.

It might be that you use

Immigrant
Alien
Illegal

interchangable...The congress has to make and revise laws dealing with Visas and Green Card holder as well as illegal immigrants, they are all covered by Immigration law, so if you try to ban all Comprehensive Immagration Reform because you believe its Amnesty, thats not correct.

Read the bill, it pertains to all facets of immigration, not just Illegals here.

The same subject discussed here, aliens property ownership, business rules, limitations on visas, ect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L&P90210 View Post

Foreigners who enter our country illegally, or overstay visas, are in violation of our immigration laws. The punishment is deportation. If the CIR ASAP bill passes, deportations will be halted immediately, other than for convicted criminals. Is that not amnesty? Aren’t they being “pardoned” for violating our laws? Furthermore, the unscrupulous employers of illegals will not be punished for employing illegal aliens. They aren’t even required to pay a fine.

Illegal aliens working in this country are guilty of either fraud (fake ID), theft (stolen ID), or tax evasion (working under the table). All will be forgiven. They will not be required to return to their countries of origin. They will not be required to forfeit assets illegally obtained. If they “affirm” they have no tax liability, they will not be required to pay back taxes. They won't even be required to be gainfully employed; which, by the way, IS a requirement for most legal immigrants. Some are even fighting for them to receive credit for social security taxes withheld while they were illegally employed.

Tell me, how is it NOT amnesty when there is NO punishment? And, a measly $500 “fine” is hardly punishment. In any case, few will EVER pay one dime. They will all claim “hardship” status.

Old 02-14-2010, 09:13 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,087,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
shall not be subject to civil and criminal liability under section 274A of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1324a) for employing such unauthorized aliens.

That right there is an amnesty. Employers of illegals SHALL NOT be subject to civil and criminal liability for employing them? That's an amnesty if I ever saw one.
Where does this quote come from? it doesnt have a section number...please cite the entire section at least?

Is this from the CIR ASAP 2009?

Old 02-14-2010, 09:29 AM

48,519 posts, read 81,048,183 times
If they try to put in on the floor for a vote;I'll be waiting. No amnesty for illegal actins by empoyer or te illegal alien.

Old 02-14-2010, 09:38 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,087,243 times

Title IV of the CIR ASAP 2009

TITLE IV – EARNED LEGALIZATION PROGRAM FOR THE UNDOCUMENTED

Visa Program for Qualified Undocumented Workers: Creates a program providing
conditional nonimmigrant status for undocumented immigrants (and their spouses and children)
in the U.S., which is valid for six years.
Features of the Conditional Nonimmigrant Program:
�� Provides conditional nonimmigrant visa applicants with work and travel authorization and protection from removal
�� Bars related to undocumented status will be waived (security and criminal bars cannot be waived)
�� Contains provisions for administrative and judicial review of denied applications
edited.

I stand Corected, as this bill is in committee, This is the provision that most are talking about...A Visa program that allows nonimmigrats to stay in the US per the six years of the life of the Visa.

Im not going to Justify this provision, I am not for Amnesty, and think this Provison will be deleted before it ever gets to the committee of both Houses.

Old 02-14-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Where does this quote come from? it doesnt have a section number...please cite the entire section at least?

Is this from the CIR ASAP 2009?

I cut and pasted that DIRECTLY out of your post -- it's in that cut and paste thing you did yourself. I just cut and pasted less of your cut and paste.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:32 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Title IV of the CIR ASAP 2009

TITLE IV – EARNED LEGALIZATION PROGRAM FOR THE UNDOCUMENTED

Visa Program for Qualified Undocumented Workers: Creates a program providing
conditional nonimmigrant status for undocumented immigrants (and their spouses and children)
in the U.S., which is valid for six years.
Features of the Conditional Nonimmigrant Program:
�� Provides conditional nonimmigrant visa applicants with work and travel authorization and protection from removal
�� Bars related to undocumented status will be waived (security and criminal bars cannot be waived)
�� Contains provisions for administrative and judicial review of denied applications
edited.

I stand Corected, as this bill is in committee, This is the provision that most are talking about...A Visa program that allows nonimmigrats to stay in the US per the six years of the life of the Visa.
Im not going to Justify this provision, I am not for Amnesty, and think this Provison will be deleted before it ever gets to the committee of both Houses.
Why do you think it will be deleted? After all, this is precisely what illegal alien advocates are DEMANDING, and it’s a pivotal component of so-called immigration reform. They don’t want illegals to be held accountable for ANY of their criminal behavior, with the possible exception of violent crimes. They believe their crimes are justified, and that our laws “should” be ignored. According to them, illegals are “forced” to commit crimes to seek a better life due to our “unfair” immigration laws. Thus, they want unconditional legalization for illegal aliens.

If the provision is deleted, it will essentially eliminate their “path to citizenship.” It will remain in the bill, and the bill will be defeated, again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration