Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 10:46 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
I wouldn't have a problem with it, but I don't hold most business owners responsible UNLESS they know/cater to customers/employees who are illegal. I think e-verify should be used by all employers.
\

Now your mixing apples and oranges...E-Verify is for employers hiring employees.

E[verify is not for business owners to checck out customers.

I dont mind showing my identification for a job, but not to eat at dennys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 10:52 PM

258 posts, read 448,089 times
Personally, I feel more comfortable in the presence of those who are here trying to make a decent life for their families, than being in the company of those who spread fear and discord.

Put me next to an "illegal" anyday of the week as opposed to the likes of Timothy McVeigh and Rush Limbaugh.

Old 02-13-2010, 07:03 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlover View Post
Personally, I feel more comfortable in the presence of those who are here trying to make a decent life for their families, than being in the company of those who spread fear and discord.

Put me next to an "illegal" anyday of the week as opposed to the likes of Timothy McVeigh and Rush Limbaugh.
Then you should feel comfortable among Americans trying to make a decent life for THEIR families and contempt for those illegals who are keeping them from being able to do that because they are stealing jobs and taxes from those Americans.

So opposing illegal immigration and wanting our laws enforced is spreading fear and discord? Are we also spreading fear and discord to be opposed to any other law breakers?

I think we all oppose terrorists like McVeigh but what has that to do with illegal aliens in our country? You are comparing apples to oranges here. Too bad you don't like Limbaugh's politics but then there are others whose politics I don't like either from the other side who are anti-American traitors.

Old 02-13-2010, 07:37 AM

50,232 posts, read 46,991,184 times
Quote:

Put me next to an "illegal" anyday of the week as opposed to the likes of Timothy McVeigh and Rush .
I read about robbers and thieves every day trying to make a better life for their familes. It's the crime section.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I read about robbers and thieves every day trying to make a better life for their familes. It's the crime section.
What does that have to do with businesses being targeted because some people feel those businesses cater to All customers and should check to see if a coustomer is in this country legally?

Old 02-13-2010, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
What does that have to do with businesses being targeted because some people feel those businesses cater to All customers and should check to see if a coustomer is in this country legally?
I don't remember responding to you, did I? Or are you speaking for every pro-criminal or pro-illegal now? If a business can't survive without Illegal Alien business it deserves to fail.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
If they cater to illegals they are part of the problem. I am happy to see them squirm.
It's rediculous isn't it. What's next, a Cop can't park in a mall lot while they go eat lunch because some law breakers might get "uncomfortable"?

What an absurd concept. Please don't put up that security camera, some friends of taggers don't like it.

You made those prostitutes move officer. Can you please do paperwork on some other street.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:34 AM

Most people understand that a municipal LEO is there to assist in crime prevention and does not have as their mandated charter to act as a immigration official. If a crime is being commited they must act.

Most people understand that to be ajudicated as a Illigal alien is a Legal determination of a Immigration Court...Not a local LEO.

If a person is walking down the street, or having their Hair cut...there is no way for a LEO to determin the "legality" of a person, nor is it in his mandated duties.

Great latitude is given in these forums to call people "Illegals" but that term is a legal determination. That determination comes form a US Immigration court, not posters on a internet chat Forum.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:37 PM

77 posts, read 102,562 times
Quote:

. Great post. Repped

Businesses should not be verifying legal status. They have money to make, it's not their job to do immigration's. Immigration officers are getting paid with tax dollars. Business owners. are not.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:49 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,904,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Then you should feel comfortable among Americans trying to make a decent life for THEIR families and contempt for those illegals who are keeping them from being able to do that because they are stealing jobs and taxes from those Americans.

So opposing illegal immigration and wanting our laws enforced is spreading fear and discord? Are we also spreading fear and discord to be opposed to any other law breakers?

I think we all oppose terrorists like McVeigh but what has that to do with illegal aliens in our country? You are comparing apples to oranges here. Too bad you don't like Limbaugh's politics but then there are others whose politics I don't like either from the other side who are anti-American traitors.
I think the poster is okay with decent, hard working American families. I think the poster is okay with ANY decent, hard working family of any persuasion.

The issues on this board typically transcend legality into issues of cultural preference. Typically, misinformation is also given to people who eat up such information (you among that demographic) and this promotes the great paranoia and fear that solidifies the "anti-illegal" movement. It's much in the same line as the teabaggers. Yeah, it is the promotion of fear and discord.

So you like Limbaugh? He's an "interesting" person...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration