U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 08:50 PM

3,845 posts, read 3,160,344 times

Advertisements

Shop owners: Border Patrol spooking customers | border, patrol, mayor - News - The Orange County Register If businesses cater to the law abiding they have nothing to worry about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 09:04 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Very true.
You ever notice thieves worry about getting ripped off more than anyone else?
Liars think that everyone else are liars too.
So goes the mentality of those who do less than honest deeds. They worry about law enforcement more than honest folks. I am happy to see them squirm.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:09 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Shop owners: Border Patrol spooking customers | border, patrol, mayor - News - The Orange County Register If businesses cater to the law abiding they have nothing to worry about.
So a business owner has to install E-verify for their customers? How is a business owner to know who is legal and not?

Even the BP cant tell, thats why they just hang around. If they could tell by sight, then there wouldnt be any illegals here...

Old 02-12-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Very true.
You ever notice thieves worry about getting ripped off more than anyone else?
Liars think that everyone else are liars too.
So goes the mentality of those who do less than honest deeds. They worry about law enforcement more than honest folks. I am happy to see them squirm.
Whos squirming...Just the American Business owner, not the one hirirng illegals, the one trying to earn a living...

Old 02-12-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Whos squirming...Just the American Business owner, not the one hirirng illegals, the one trying to earn a living...
If they cater to illegals they are part of the problem. I am happy to see them squirm.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:18 PM

3,845 posts, read 3,160,344 times
Quote:
So a business owner has to install E-verify for their customers? How is a business owner to know who is legal and not?

Even the BP cant tell, thats why they just hang around. If they could tell by sight, then there wouldnt be any illegals here...
No not at all.Cash only sales that the business owner doesn't have to pay taxes on,tons of phone cards sold for calls back to the home country and yes many of us CAN tell by sight,language,mannerisms and dress the probability of someone that recently came here and the probability that they are illegal,but then again if everything is legit they have nothing to worry about.These business owners know who their clientle is that's why their worried and thats why BP is there.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
No not at all.Cash only sales that the business owner doesn't have to pay taxes on,tons of phone cards sold for calls back to the home country and yes many of us CAN tell by sight,language,mannerisms and dress the probability of someone that recently came here and the probability that they are illegal,but then again if everything is legit they have nothing to worry about.These business owners know who their clientle is that's why their worried and thats why BP is there.
Exactly right.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
If they cater to illegals they are part of the problem. I am happy to see them squirm.

Mexican nationals come tro our Malls and do some shopping, the retail shops even cater to them because the spend so much money...I dont see the Border Patrol hanging around thoses businesses.

Its not the job of the business owner to exclude patrons...check I.D.s, ask for birth certificates.

I wonder how much you would squirm if everytime you made a purchase, or bought a sevice you were required to show your licence.

Put gas in your car in the morning and a cup of coffee, show your licence,
stop off at the post office to buy a stamp, show your licence,
off to breakfat at Dennys, show your lincence to get a seat.
the cleaners
the shoe repair
hair cuts
walmart
the grocery store
ect

Old 02-12-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Mexican nationals come tro our Malls and do some shopping, the retail shops even cater to them because the spend so much money...I dont see the Border Patrol hanging around thoses businesses.

Its not the job of the business owner to exclude patrons...check I.D.s, ask for birth certificates.

I wonder how much you would squirm if everytime you made a purchase, or bought a sevice you were required to show your licence.

stop off at the postr office to buy a stap, show your licence,
the cleaners
the shoe repair
hair cuts
walmart
the grocery store
ect
Yawn. No problem with it at all. Years in the military this was my life.
Buy food in the base exchange out of uniform? Better have your Military ID.
If the business knows that they are selling to illegals, they are part of the problem. Lets not be naive. They know that many of their patrons are illegals.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:49 PM

3,674 posts, read 5,850,725 times
Quote:

stop off at the post office to buy a stamp, show your licence,
the cleaners
the shoe repair
hair cuts
walmart
the grocery store
ect
I wouldn't have a problem with it, but I don't hold most business owners responsible UNLESS they know/cater to customers/employees who are illegal. I think e-verify should be used by all employers.

Last edited by NYChistorygal; 02-12-2010 at 09:50 PM.. Reason: forgot a word!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or