Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2010, 05:30 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,209 times

Advertisements

Mercedes Rodas
Jacquelyn Garcia
Otto Tambito
Maritza Hernandez

"Everybody's at home, and everybody's eating," said Jacquelyn Garcia, 39, who came to pick up food for her family of five."

"Maritza Hernandez, a 32-year-old mother who came to pick up food Friday, said her usual baby-sitting income dried up during the snow days, and her husband had no work either. The couple and their 5-year-old son survived all week on beans, tortillas and the occasional egg, she said."

Snow days deprive many kids of food - Weather- msnbc.com

So now we not only need to educate and feed while they're in school, but we're also expected to feed the whole criminal clan every time the weather is less than ideal! I wonder if she's paying any taxes on that baby sitting money? Anyone care to take that bet?

Old 02-13-2010, 06:35 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,834,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Mercedes Rodas
Jacquelyn Garcia
Otto Tambito
Maritza Hernandez

"Everybody's at home, and everybody's eating," said Jacquelyn Garcia, 39, who came to pick up food for her family of five."

"Maritza Hernandez, a 32-year-old mother who came to pick up food Friday, said her usual baby-sitting income dried up during the snow days, and her husband had no work either. The couple and their 5-year-old son survived all week on beans, tortillas and the occasional egg, she said."

Snow days deprive many kids of food - Weather- msnbc.com

So now we not only need to educate and feed while they're in school, but we're also expected to feed the whole criminal clan every time the weather is less than ideal! I wonder if she's paying any taxes on that baby sitting money? Anyone care to take that bet?
This is a very uplifting story, how communities come together to help one another in times of trouble. Great going...showing that true American sprit of giving. God bless all those American families in their time of need, God bless the USA.

Old 02-13-2010, 07:14 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Geez, during a normal school week these kids get three free meals a day and then get to take groceries home to their families also?

Old 02-13-2010, 08:35 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
This is a very uplifting story, how communities come together to help one another in times of trouble. Great going...showing that true American sprit of giving. God bless all those American families in their time of need, God bless the USA.
[underlines mine]

There are plenty of beans and tortillas SOB and no snow to inconvenience their education. Are you ready to take that bet as to whether ol' Maritza is paying taxes on what she earns here?

Old 02-13-2010, 10:47 PM

77 posts, read 102,592 times
Beautiful and uplifting story. Human kindness never ceases to amaze me.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:44 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,132 times
I see no mention of the status of these families in the article. With millions of Hispanic US citizens, I can't see how this is an illegal immigration issue.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration