U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 07:59 PM

25 posts, read 26,514 times

Advertisements

The president can't even get a government agency head or an appointed judge through the Senate much less major legislation. Do you know what it takes to get an amendment to the Constitution? I hope a Republican makes a lot of noise for it, frankly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 08:04 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,286,032 times
I was with several orginizations and Committees in SanBernardino,Ca. One was called "Beyond Borders" another was a Recall Committee and they all had to do with the Baca's.
Joe Baca wanted to remove the Central Park in down town SB and put in ConDo's specificly for Illegals only!
We stopped him.
But that was just 1 issue we had to fight Baca for. We finally made him loose his PAC and even some of his own people turned on him.

346 posts, read 618,492 times
The article states that the Constitution itself will not be amended, but the Immigration and Nationality Act, which itself interprets the 14th Amendment. So basically The Constitution itself will not be amended, nor do I think it ever will be.

21,148 posts, read 36,761,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by specultr View Post
The president can't even get a government agency head or an appointed judge through the Senate much less major legislation. Do you know what it takes to get an amendment to the Constitution? I hope a Republican makes a lot of noise for it, frankly.
Stranger things have happened i.e Obama winning the White House.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:07 PM

I doubt if such a bill would get out of committee. I hope you guys go for it though. It would cause a huge backlash.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:32 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,761,526 times
Quote:
I doubt if such a bill would get out of committee. I hope you guys go for it though. It would cause a huge backlash.
Backlash from whom? I can safely say that most Americans; Black or Anglo White would be in favor of terminating Anchor Baby status. As for Latinos; I am not that concerned, they are too few in numbers to do anything--------especially factoring in relatively few of them are US citizens. Besides; many an American 'Hispanic' is against birthright as well.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Backlash from whom? I can safely say that most Americans; Black or Anglo White would be in favor of terminating Anchor Baby status. As for Latinos; I am not that concerned, they are too few in numbers to do anything--------especially factoring in relatively few of them are US citizens. Besides; many an American 'Hispanic' is against birthright as well.

Then there shouldn't be a delay in getting it done. Good luck with that. Are you trying to convince me or yourself?

Old 02-16-2010, 08:39 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,213,380 times
Quote:
You are conflating. Keep believing that you can amend the constitution to deny citizenship to US born citizens based on race or legal status of parents. You are seriously deluded if you believe this.
Amendments have been changed before and they will again. The 14th doesn't even need changing it is already worded the way it was intended. All it needs is re-interpreting it the correct way. Children are not being denied citizenship because of race. What are you talking about?

Old 02-16-2010, 08:42 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,213,380 times
Quote:
Backlash from whom? Illegal aliens and their ethnocentric aiders and abettors? Oh, I am so scared.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:47 PM

Another virtual victory? I'll check the constitution and the INA in the morning. You guys make it seem so certain. I can get back to my books now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration