U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 01:00 PM

1,150 posts, read 992,902 times

Advertisements

<<Only because of the high unemployment is it still unpopular to pass an amnesty bill. But when unemployment comes down, and it will, you will see that there is bilateral support in Congress, among business people, and with the educated oligarchy to legalize them.>>

Business people don't want amnesty for illegal aliens. That means they'll have to pay higher wages, give benefits, and follow workplace laws. If amnesty is given, business people will want more illegal aliens so they can continue their low wage, illegal employment practices. If they wanted legal workers, they'd hire them now, rather than take a chance on hiring illegal aliens, which could lead to fines, and santions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2010, 03:50 PM

6,572 posts, read 18,014,175 times
With all the talk of Leagalizing the Illegals for future Dem votes seems a little ludicrous at this point as they would all have to be Citizens to VOTE which would be a min of 5 yrs from now or longer. By then the GOP could be in office.

Old 02-21-2010, 03:53 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,142,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
With all the talk of Leagalizing the Illegals for future Dem votes seems a little ludicrous at this point as they would all have to be Citizens to VOTE which would be a min of 5 yrs from now or longer. By then the GOP could be in office.

Read this:

Illegals will soon vote in TN

Old 02-22-2010, 10:21 AM

6,572 posts, read 18,014,175 times
Done read the posts...still NO diference. People would have to qualify for a GREEN card and still wait for a approval and then 5 yrs or so down the road before applying for citizenship. I know...I've been there.

I am familiar with the Mexicans and their thinking having been living/married to a Mexican woman in Mexico City with class and knowing professionals who remain in Mexico and do not need or desire any time in the US.

The only ones crossing into the US are mainly the uneducated and only desire MONEY and the politics of the US are far from their minds. Once a Mexican they are Mexican for life.

Many are not familiar with their own political parties let alone study and learn about the US Constitution etc.

Sorry...thinking about something...reading a little of something is not the same as knowing about something in it's entirety.

Steve

Old 02-22-2010, 10:29 AM

[quote]
Quote:
The only ones crossing into the US are mainly the uneducated and only desire MONEY and the politics of the US are far from their minds. Once a Mexican they are Mexican for life.
I agree.

Quote:
Many are not familiar with their own political parties let alone study and learn about the US Constitution etc.

They have learned enough as to how to manipulate our system to their and no one else's advantage.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:18 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times
Quote:
Done read the posts...still NO diference. People would have to qualify for a GREEN card and still wait for a approval and then 5 yrs or so down the road before applying for citizenship. I know...I've been there.

I am familiar with the Mexicans and their thinking having been living/married to a Mexican woman in Mexico City with class and knowing professionals who remain in Mexico and do not need or desire any time in the US.

Sorry...thinking about something...reading a little of something is not the same as knowing about something in it's entirety.

Steve
As a resident of Maryland, I have witnessed (and reported) suspicious activity due to the issuance of driverís licenses to illegal aliens and the Motor Voter provision. Fortunately, MD has ended this practice, but it will not prevent illegals from voting. When I voted in the presidential election, I was prepared to show my license, but was told it wasnít necessary.

We cannot underestimate illegal aliens simply because they tend to be uneducated. They are being instructed by advocacy groups, family, and friends. If they know how to exploit all of our social services, they certainly know how to illegally vote; and they do.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:55 AM

32,941 posts, read 30,188,716 times
Quote:

Steve
Steve, I've always stated that. They want to be legalized, to only assimilate to the point that they are hands off. They don't want to have to learn English, say an oathe or anything that would modify the loyalty to the old country. That is why our social service system and the 14th need modified to end the abuse by people wanting to better themselves, at our expense. They mostly could care less about being American. What they are seeking is a way to prevent deportation.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Steve, I've always stated that. They want to be legalized, to only assimilate to the point that they are hands off. They don't want to have to learn English, say an oathe or anything that would modify the loyalty to the old country. That is why our social service system and the 14th need modified to end the abuse by people wanting to better themselves, at our expense. They mostly could care less about being American. What they are seeking is a way to prevent deportation.
And a continued free ride.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration