U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-16-2010, 07:53 PM
 
25 posts, read 26,440 times
Reputation: 15

Advertisements

J.D. Hayworth couldn't even keep his congressional seat. Sheriff Joe will be wearing pink tights in Leavenworth before long. Tom Tancredo can't win in Colorado anymore. Who are you pinning your anti-amnesty hopes on now? Nationally?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-16-2010, 08:03 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,690,703 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by specultr View Post
J.D. Hayworth couldn't even keep his congressional seat. Sheriff Joe will be wearing pink tights in Leavenworth before long. Tom Tancredo can't win in Colorado anymore. Who are you pinning your anti-amnesty hopes on now? Nationally?
Keep grasping at straws there: JD is mounting a serious challenge to RINO McCain, Arpaio is still sheriff of Maricopa County and with Ruben Navarette starting to turn against illegal immigration---------the tide is turning against illegal immigration.

Remember the Civil Rights Movement of two generations ago? Well; tolerance towards illegal immigration is akin to watching the above------------in reverse. Read that hostility is growing against illegal aliens and their friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2010, 08:12 PM
 
25 posts, read 26,440 times
Reputation: 15
Ruben Navarette is actually very conservative--not exactly influential either. JD lost his rebid for Congress. McCain is as vulnerable as he has ever been right now, but I don't think JD can pull it off. I hope he does though. We need another Joe Wilson type who will call the president a liar regarding immigration in front of the nation or another geriatric all-white male cast demeaning someone like Sotomayor. It only helps our side in the long run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2010, 08:19 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,176,297 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by specultr View Post
Ruben Navarette is actually very conservative--not exactly influential either. JD lost his rebid for Congress. McCain is as vulnerable as he has ever been right now, but I don't think JD can pull it off. I hope he does though. We need another Joe Wilson type who will call the president a liar regarding immigration in front of the nation or another geriatric all-white male cast demeaning someone like Sotomayor. It only helps our side in the long run.
Just what is your side? Your remark about "another geriatric all-white male cast" has a racist tinge to it. Sotomayer deserved the criticism she got. Her words cannot be denied.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2010, 08:26 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,176,297 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by specultr View Post
J.D. Hayworth couldn't even keep his congressional seat. Sheriff Joe will be wearing pink tights in Leavenworth before long. Tom Tancredo can't win in Colorado anymore. Who are you pinning your anti-amnesty hopes on now? Nationally?
Tancredo resigned from his House seat just in case you didn't know. We don't need anyone to speak for us anti-illegals our laws do that for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2010, 08:26 PM
 
25 posts, read 26,440 times
Reputation: 15
I live in Texas where, according to the poll posted on another thread, the majority want a pathway to citizenship or legal work status for illegal aliens. As far as my old white man remark in reference to Republican senators, you might not realize this but the Republican party has a race image problem. For some reason, people perceive Republicans as being racist, if not mentally unbalanced or severely under-educated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2010, 08:28 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,176,297 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by specultr View Post
Ronald Reagan was a commie Marxist for you teabaggers, as was William F Buckley Jr, the head of the conservative movement when I was in college. Now your leaders are Sarah Palin and Lou Dobbs (oops, not anymore) and Glenn Beck. Not exactly intellectuals. Hate will only get you so far. Welcome to the political wasteland. You deserve it!
Who is a tea bagger in here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2010, 08:29 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,690,703 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by specultr View Post
Ruben Navarette is actually very conservative--not exactly influential either. JD lost his rebid for Congress. McCain is as vulnerable as he has ever been right now, but I don't think JD can pull it off. I hope he does though. We need another Joe Wilson type who will call the president a liar regarding immigration in front of the nation or another geriatric all-white male cast demeaning someone like Sotomayor. It only helps our side in the long run.
'Your side' as in those illegal aliens demanding their nonexistant 'rights' back in May 2006? That, my friend, was a serious blunder and enraged many otherwise liberal/tolerant Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2010, 08:30 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,176,297 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by specultr View Post
I live in Texas where, according to the poll posted on another thread, the majority want a pathway to citizenship or legal work status for illegal aliens. As far as my old white man remark in reference to Republican senators, you might not realize this but the Republican party has a race image problem. For some reason, people perceive Republicans as being racist, if not mentally unbalanced or severely under-educated.
No, that is just far left wing liberal propaganda. There are racists in the Democrat party also. Neither party is a majority racist. As for uneducated people there are more of them in the Democrat party than the Republican party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2010, 08:33 PM
 
25 posts, read 26,440 times
Reputation: 15
If world history is a guide, you cannot stop the movement of people. Just ask the Navaho, Hopi and Dakota, if there are any left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top