U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 04:41 PM

2,014 posts, read 4,727,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Besides: Mexico stole its land from Spain (1821) and do not overlook what the (White) Hispanics did to the Aztecs, etc. earlier.
Reading my post where I mentioned both of those is helpful

Quote:
Frankly: the USA did screw up in not taking all of what was Mexico in 1848.
As the Confederates wished, they figured they could inslave all them Mexicans, good thinking there pardner.

Quote:
As for Mexico taking over the USA: try again--------------they odds are many times greater that the northern states of Mx will devolve to US control instead-----------at those Mexicans' request since Mexico City is evidently unable to rein in the drug cartels. Google Juarez and blue helmets. The writing is on the wall

I think ya'll been belly aching on this forum right here about them Messicans taking over, looks like you done be contradicting yourself.

History will play out, you might like the end result, you might not like it, but I don't see you and ya'll doing a darn thing about it except belly aching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2010, 05:00 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,669,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
And you left off my comment about Guatemala telling Mexico to bug off.

Quote:
As the Confederates wished, they figured they could inslave all them Mexicans, good thinking there pardner.
Actually; it was the racism against Indians and Mestizos by many White Americans that saved Mexico from total subjugation. Had most Mexicans been White----------Mx would have ceased to exist after 1848 IMHO.

Quote:
I think ya'll been belly aching on this forum right here about them Messicans taking over, looks like you done be contradicting yourself.

History will play out, you might like the end result, you might not like it, but I don't see you and ya'll doing a darn thing about it except belly aching.
Mexico and Mexicans are not going to be taking over: the harsh reality is that the USA has nine times the economic power of Mexico. Do the math.

Too; prejudice is growing against self described Hispanics due to illegal aliens----------to the point that probably within 20 years, quite a few of the American ones will pass themselves off as the race/ethnicity (Black, White, Indian, etc.) that each individual most closely resembles.

Old 02-20-2010, 05:03 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,165,382 times
Quote:

How do you know what those of us who are anti-illegal immigration are doing to fight this invasion outside of this forum? We do a lot more than belly-aching and that is why the pro-illegals are getting so desperate of late. They know their goose is cooked and that they are going to lose this battle.

Old 02-20-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
How do you know what those of us who are anti-illegal immigration are doing to fight this invasion outside of this forum? We do a lot more than belly-aching and that is why the pro-illegals are getting so desperate of late. They know their goose is cooked and that they are going to lose this battle.
Judging by just here in the Phx area: the illegal aliens have lost the war and it is just a matter of mopping up scattered resistance. I can safely say that about 20-40% of all housing units in predominantly Hispanic illegal alien enclaves are now vacant----------which jibes with various reports that our illegal population is down ca. 30% since 2007.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:37 PM

17,497 posts, read 10,153,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
I never have watched that TV show, but does it have anchor babys characters?

What is the Anchor baby law? never heard of it...
The 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution reads in part:
"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and the State wherein they reside."
Babies born to illegal alien mothers within U.S. borders are called anchor babies because under the 1965 immigration Act, they act as an anchor that pulls the illegal alien mother and eventually a host of other relatives into permanent U.S. residency. (Jackpot babies is another term)

This was actually a law for the freed slaves to protect there civil liberties.

We must all read the Constitution and The Bill of Rights........this is the reason our government is doing all these changes, because, most Americans don't know there rights or the things that must be changed.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:46 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,092,848 times
[quote=mommylee963;12957096]Exactly the longer they stay the more they will drain us. Jobs are getting harder and harder to find places are starting to lay off. The new walmart out here by us got new owners. Its a couple that just got their citizenship here. They are already cutting peoples jobs and are now making it so people have to work Christmas. They also fired and laid a bunch of people off and hired a bunch of low-wage workers for the night stock.

We cant afford to keep them here they are a drain on our economy. money is being spent on them that should be used on helping our homeless families and American children that dont have parents or are living in broken and abusive homes. Instead of helping out our own country the congress is more interested in helping out other countries and that put the American citizens in a rut. We have a government that doesnt care about its own people. It would be nice if we came first maybe then things would actually get done FOR us.

[quote]

...so people have to work Christmas.
If you dont want to work Xmas, thats OK, Im sure plenty of people would.

...and hired a bunch of low-wage workers
They can hire anyone they like at any legal rate, you dont want to work at that rate, start your own company.

...congress is more interested in helping out other countries
...government that doesnt care about its own people
...we came first
Sounds like your looking for your hand out...If I dont want to pay for foreign countries or foreigners, why would I want to pay for Freeloaders?

Old 02-21-2010, 05:10 PM

12,940 posts, read 18,499,416 times
Default Why do illegal aliens feel they have a ‘right’ to be here?

I think there is something in the air here. Maybe it comes from hydrothermal vents in Yellowstone or maybe it's a byproduct of intense cellular phone coverage? Maybe microwaved burrito radiation?...

...but whoever lives in the USA, even for a short time will almost naturally come to feel entitled to something or other.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I think there is something in the air here. Maybe it comes from hydrothermal vents in Yellowstone or maybe it's a byproduct of intense cellular phone coverage? Maybe microwaved burrito radiation?...

...but whoever lives in the USA, even for a short time will almost naturally come to feel entitled to something or other.
The only thing illegal aliens are entitled to is three hots and a cot prior to their deportation complete with a 10 year ban on reentry to the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or