U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-16-2010, 09:10 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,181 posts, read 9,452,443 times
Reputation: 2977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Arguing over semantics is fun. Sorry, "political figure". That better? FYI - Just because she isn't currently serving in office doesn't mean she suddenly loses her title as being a politician.
No argument, just stating a fact. In any case, she is entitled to her opinion, and I am entitled to disagree. Yes, and Joe Scarborough is also a “former” politician. So what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-16-2010, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 9,050,603 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
In an interview with Univision(spanish language TV), Mrs. Palin said she was not for immediate Amnesty, but favored...

To clarify, so you support a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants?
I do because I understand why people would want to be in America. To seek the safety and prosperity, the opportunities, the health that is here. It is so important that yes, people follow the rules so that people can be treated equally and fairly in this country.

As governor, how do you deal with them? Do you think they all should be deported?
There is no way that in the US we would roundup every illegal immigrant -there are about 12 million of the illegal immigrants- not only economically is that just an impossibility but that's not a humane way anyway to deal with the issue that we face with illegal immigration.

Sarah Palin Is Pro Amnesty For Illegal Aliens - Univision Interview : Diggers Realm

Republican vicepresidential candidate Sarah Palin interview on Univision - Sarah Palin - Página 2
Please....This is over 2 years old.It's History. and so is Palin.
As noted by others, I have no doubt Palin read this off a teleprompter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2010, 09:49 AM
 
Location: Lake Norman, North Carolina
1,213 posts, read 894,979 times
Reputation: 390
Well, Palin is supporting McShame in his reelection bid so she must agree with McShame's strategy that a politician must hispander to tribally ethnocentric Latinos to try to get even a small percentage of the Latino vote in order to get reelected. Since Palin is from Alaska where illegal immigration is almost nonexistant she still doesn't have a clue about illegal immigration. RINO McShame is stuck with his amnesty stance in trying to seek reelection in Arizona against anti amnesty Hayworth. I think RINO McShame goes down.

I believe Palin has a rude awakening and will be adjusting her position on illegal immigration soon. More to the point, how did his new amnesty stance work for Lou Dobbs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2010, 10:01 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 5,664,030 times
Reputation: 2115
Yep, we haven't seen or heard hide nor hair out of Dobbs since his big announcement to La Raza that he became "enlightened" on the illegal immigration issue and changed his views. Let's face it he is toast with everyone. MCain and Palin are toast also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2010, 11:24 AM
 
Location: Lake Norman, North Carolina
1,213 posts, read 894,979 times
Reputation: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yep, we haven't seen or heard hide nor hair out of Dobbs since his big announcement to La Raza that he became "enlightened" on the illegal immigration issue and changed his views. Let's face it he is toast with everyone. MCain and Palin are toast also.
Palin hasn't had too much to say about illegal immigration since Alaska has had very little illegal immigration. In a radio interview with Rick Humphries last December, Palin talks about illegal immigration. Check out the interview at the 11:00 point.

ustream.tv ...


So Palin says that 'they're called illegal aliens for a reason. If they're not going to follow the rules they should not be in our country. You close the borders. You get more aggressive about cracking down on the illegal aliens. We take it serious what our BP officers are trying to do'.

Palin is obviously against illegal immigration. What we do need clarification on is what would Palin do with the 20 million illegals already here. Amnesty them? Deport them? Force them into self deportation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2010, 11:37 AM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,207 posts, read 1,234,673 times
Reputation: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Palin hasn't had too much to say about illegal immigration since Alaska has had very little illegal immigration. In a radio interview with Rick Humphries last December, Palin talks about illegal immigration. Check out the interview at the 11:00 point.

ustream.tv ...


So Palin says that 'they're called illegal aliens for a reason. If they're not going to follow the rules they should not be in our country. You close the borders. You get more aggressive about cracking down on the illegal aliens. We take it serious what our BP officers are trying to do'.

Palin is obviously against illegal immigration. What we do need clarification on is what would Palin do with the 20 million illegals already here. Amnesty them? Deport them? Force them into self deportation?
That would certainly be unwise for her. She doesn't know which gravy train to hop on just yet. But it would certainly give Americans a better insight into her babbles if she just stopped talking in circles and made a real grown up decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2010, 11:45 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,181 posts, read 9,452,443 times
Reputation: 2977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Well, Palin is supporting McShame in his reelection bid so she must agree with McShame's strategy that a politician must hispander to tribally ethnocentric Latinos to try to get even a small percentage of the Latino vote in order to get reelected. Since Palin is from Alaska where illegal immigration is almost nonexistant she still doesn't have a clue about illegal immigration. RINO McShame is stuck with his amnesty stance in trying to seek reelection in Arizona against anti amnesty Hayworth. I think RINO McShame goes down.

I believe Palin has a rude awakening and will be adjusting her position on illegal immigration soon. More to the point, how did his new amnesty stance work for Lou Dobbs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yep, we haven't seen or heard hide nor hair out of Dobbs since his big announcement to La Raza that he became "enlightened" on the illegal immigration issue and changed his views. Let's face it he is toast with everyone. MCain and Palin are toast also.
Click the link.
U.S. Deports Lou Dobbs | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2010, 12:14 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 2,343,847 times
Reputation: 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yep, we haven't seen or heard hide nor hair out of Dobbs since his big announcement to La Raza that he became "enlightened" on the illegal immigration issue and changed his views. Let's face it he is toast with everyone. MCain and Palin are toast also.
Dobbs website said he was going to be on FoxnFriends today at 8:45 feb 16
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2010, 12:20 PM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,207 posts, read 1,234,673 times
Reputation: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Oh my god that was hysterical Benicar, thank you for lightening up the seriousness this board can posses most times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2010, 12:29 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 9,050,603 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I don't know. His Picture looks like it was added.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top