U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 03:41 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,161,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Nationwide, deportations have also increased, with nearly 350,000 immigrants sent home through September 2008, compared with about 174,000 in the same period in 2004.

how many illegal immigrants did the federal office deport this year

183,000 were given green cards as part of the normal "legal" immigration process.3

Numbers of illegal aliens in the U.S. by Fred Elbel - THE AMERICAN RESISTANCE FOUNDATION - Information on immigration counters -

350k -183k= 167k deportation rate ...of 15 million. it will only take 80 years at current rates.
Not when e-verify is mandated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 03:43 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,140,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Let's not forget the fact that she supported secession from the union. What the hell did she care what happened in the lower 48 unless it concerned her fattening her bank account. Her views and rhetoric are so inconsequential, that she has reached her pinnacle. She should count her lucky stars that she has quite serendipitously, gained a level of undeserved celebrity and profits.
Yes, her comedy book paid her well enough yet she keeps talking..blah blah blah.... Whenever I hear a ridiculously confusing ignorant political opinion on a topic, I look at the source, see it is her and say, Oh. ok...it's just her being her so that is why I really do not take this threads subject matter seriously, and no offence to the OP!

Old 02-16-2010, 03:52 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,827,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Nationwide, deportations have also increased, with nearly 350,000 immigrants sent home through September 2008, compared with about 174,000 in the same period in 2004.

how many illegal immigrants did the federal office deport this year

183,000 were given green cards as part of the normal "legal" immigration process.3

Numbers of illegal aliens in the U.S. by Fred Elbel - THE AMERICAN RESISTANCE FOUNDATION - Information on immigration counters -

350k -183k= 167k deportation rate ...of 15 million. it will only take 80 years at current rates.
For the umpteenth time, deportations will NOT be necessary. Of course, we will have a few miscreant stragglers, but self-deportation will be the only option for most. They are leaving all areas where immigration enforcement is the rule.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:53 PM

921 posts, read 955,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Oh please. Who gives a kitty what Sarah Palin says.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:16 PM

25,084 posts, read 13,925,607 times
Sounds like Palin is campaigning and offering citizenship for votes...

Old 02-16-2010, 07:40 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,222,929 times
Quote:
You have to be able to laugh sometime.
Before anyone feels the need to attack, itís a joke. Clearly, anything from The Onion canít be taken seriously.
Actually, that was my first assumption.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:51 PM

25 posts, read 26,424 times
Quote:
For the umpteenth time, deportations will NOT be necessary. Of course, we will have a few miscreant stragglers, but self-deportation will be the only option for most. They are leaving all areas where immigration enforcement is the rule.

They are leaving because U-3 is 9.7% and U-6 is close to 20 percent. Just keep the country in Bush's depression, and all eeleegulz will be gone soon enough.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:32 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,222,929 times
Quote:
We could make this a classic hit again, just for the self deporters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmZv5...eature=related

Last edited by mkfarnam; 02-16-2010 at 08:40 PM..

Old 02-27-2010, 10:47 AM

14 posts, read 13,539 times
Default That priest's name is Father Patrick Bascio

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Oh, yeah...I forgot about that. As much as I dislike Palin and believe she is completely oblivious to MANY things, her words hold a little more credence than a priest who isn't AT ALL connected to higher levels of politics and policy. Though Palin is no longer in office, she is still a part of the political community at large.
It's a shame that other thread regarding Father Patrick Bascio's book was shut down.....I'm fairly new to this forum and was tickled to see his name....

Thing is, on the matter of illegal immigration, I believe Father Bascio is MORE qualified and credible than Ms. Palin......If you'll read Father Bascio's book (approx. $12 on Amazon.com), you'll see that he has an extensive, worldwide CV (which DOES include US political policy positions), and has done the research; he's LIVED it. He's not just pulling this stuff out of his hat. Also, he's not "preaching", just stating the facts, including it being the responsibility of ALL churches (not just the Catholic church) to watch after the welfare (as in faring-well) of US citizens and legal residents. He includes the drug trade....education systems....ever heard of "brain drain"??

He's credible and concerned and the book is current. As soon as I log off here, I'll be ordering my second copy (first copy has pages marked up to highlight talking points, notes all over, pages turned down......). Patrick Bascio has a common sense reference book here and everyone concerned about the illegal alien threat to this country (economically, socially and physically) should read it and share with others.

Besides, I lost what little respect I had for Palin when she recently endorsed Ron Paul's son Rand.....and don't even mention Lou Dob(gag)bs to me now.....sigh......

Old 02-27-2010, 10:56 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,695,955 times
Yet another reason to deny this woman any office higher than town dog catcher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or